Sponsored by:

So I finally got to drive a 360 Modena yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:42 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi

all i gotta say is as predicted, it absolutely crushed any remnants of wanting yet another 911.
Gotcha, Ben, however; when you made that comment that you don't even "want" another P, makes it seem as if you will move to an F, or is this statement purely hyperbolic? Either way, i'm curious; whats (possibly) next for Ben and when do you think you'd make a move?
Old 02-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Gotcha, Ben, however; when you made that comment that you don't even "want" another P, makes it seem as if you will move to an F, or is this statement purely hyperbolic? Either way, i'm curious; whats (possibly) next for Ben and when do you think you'd make a move?
there's a lot of other life factors that are up in the air so switching up cars is the last thing on my mind but the first thing on my rennlist mind u know what i mean?

i love coming here because it's a little haven of just pure entertainment/hobby/pleasure thinking.

glad i could share it with you guys and glad you guys share some of your "haven" thoughts with me.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:56 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

there's a lot of other life factors that are up in the air so switching up cars is the last thing on my mind but the first thing on my rennlist mind u know what i mean?

i love coming here because it's a little haven of just pure entertainment/hobby/pleasure thinking.

glad i could share it with you guys and glad you guys share some of your "haven" thoughts with me.
Ya, I gotcha. My car is up for sale, although i don't really want it to sell. I always list my cars (usually high) around 6 months after ownership. I have NO idea what I'd move to from this, but if the price is right, I will sell, then decide ..and the search will be ON, yet again!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ben,

Your friend's car sits really nice, lowered and with the black wheels - it's the cat's pajamas.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by Deanriffs
Ben,

Your friend's car sits really nice, lowered and with the black wheels - it's the cat's pajamas.
yea it's the whole package which is THE reason why i enjoyed the whole experience so much. i really don't care for the stock 360 as the wheels are RV style inset, too small, too narrow... and i know that my bud's car is setup to sound much more aggressive which wasn't bad at all. inside the cabin, it's not boomy, but outside... oh boy parents pls keep the children inside!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:26 PM
hamilton
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it have cupholders? That would be a deal-breaker.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Ya, I gotcha. My car is up for sale, although i don't really want it to sell. I always list my cars (usually high) around 6 months after ownership. I have NO idea what I'd move to from this, but if the price is right, I will sell, then decide ..and the search will be ON, yet again!
one of the reasons why i gave up on my mint M3 is that i knew i wouldn't be cool with it once the new E92 came out.

one of the reasons why i picked up a 911 is because i knew i would be content with it for a good several years before getting the itch to upgrade yet again and lose thousands of dollars in between the transcation (depreciation, mods, sales tax, etc).

as crazy as i am about cars, i think i've hit the point where the rather timeless 911 meets my needs and the next car since there's always better... will be a seriously deserved jump v. fuqin around in the under $100K car territory... and just load up on a couple truly exotic cars in the $200K+ territory that i just am not able to touch right now but i know would make me feel like a kid again.

call me jaded, but as i go thru more cars, as i get older... less and less cars get me excited (kinda sucks actually) so i think really for me to go gah gah again... is to go ball in the big leagues which means stop fuqin around with trading in cars for another car that's maybe $10-20Gs delta.

i kinda have it figured out along this front now let me go figure out what i need/want in my financial freedom pillar so i can go ahead and make that appt w/ mr. pagani.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by pl
http://www.forza-mag.com/art2/art2p1.html
from a guy drive his 360 in NYC:
...This was my beater, my every-day car, since I only had one car at the time, he says. I wasnt afraid to get door dings or rock chips. I actually had 24 door dings on my passenger-side door at one time. ..
Cool article... it is true that the modern day Ferrari's can be used more I still wonder how much he has spent in maintenance on the car.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:36 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hamilton
Does it have cupholders? That would be a deal-breaker.
One that holds extra large 7-11 slurpees?
Old 02-19-2008, 02:54 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

While I am a big Ferrari fan, I've never done more than sit in one. Sure, I'd love to own one, but only as a fifth or sixth vehicle--there are plenty of other cars that would be MUCH more reasonable to drive on a semi-regular basis.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not looking for another child right now. My C4 gets driven in the sun, rain, and snow and I'm not looking to start a car show every time I park it at Best Buy or Costco, which is exactly what happens if you do that with a Ferrari around here. I guess it's kinda like a boat--I don't want to own one...I want my best friend to own one.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

i'm sure in IA it'd be a car show... but as you go to bigger metros, it becomes less and less of an "issue"

e.g. seattle -->San Fran --> South Beach --> Sunset Blvd --> Crystal Cove in the OC... etc.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:06 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

i'm sure in IA it'd be a car show... but as you go to bigger metros, it becomes less and less of an "issue"

e.g. seattle -->San Fran --> South Beach --> Sunset Blvd --> Crystal Cove in the OC... etc.
Yeah... I was in Newport Beach this weekend and was following 4 Lambos (3 Gallardos, 1 Murci) on the same road. I was in my lowly Porsche. Only in the OC.

At least I got a wave from one of the Lambo guys.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by ArneeA
Yeah... I was in Newport Beach this weekend and was following 4 Lambos (3 Gallardos, 1 Murci) on the same road. I was in my lowly Porsche. Only in the OC.

At least I got a wave from one of the Lambo guys.
SIQ! yea i am going to be crashing at a friend's house in Laguna B next weekend... the air smells sweet there it is just another world or what i call hawaii in the mainland.

your red c4s can hold its own lowered on them siq 19" brombachers pls believe
Old 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Oh, no doubt, but Riad's comments about not wanting to drive one downtown on a daily basis--coupled with an article bragging that someone is actually using one as a daily driver--sure seem to imply that Iowa isn't the only place in which exotics attract attention of all kinds. That said, I've often commented in the past that Iowans tend to notice my Miata more than the Porsche.

BTW, Iowa keeps a Porsche owner's ego in check at all times; the only P-car dealer sells mostly GM products, Mazdas, and Subarus. The last time my 996 visited the dealer, I had to wait behind a 20-year-old in a Pontiac Vibe.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Hey Ben,

Been reading some of your posts in the past and you've come across as an opinionated guy, with passion for cars and a quirky attitude that at times have pissed people off with you candid remarks.
That having said, you also have a sense of practicality and seem rather grounded and responsible.
Those are attributes that are not commonly found in F car buyers. Don't mean to open up a can of worms or cause trouble....I'm sure there are exceptions to my comment (eg. your friend that drives the 360) but have you seen or met the people who drive an F car. You will never see me in one even when I can afford to... the lable is over baring for me and by the time I could afford one, I will already be going through a mid life crisis and my 25 year old mistress will be more than I can handle for attention.

Just my opinion

Quick Reply: So I finally got to drive a 360 Modena yesterday