996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

OMFG! WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
dD/dt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched a valet at a Ruth's Chris back a new Mercedes E-class into the car behind it. No damage, but it connected solidly. The valet pulled around to the front, and opened the door for the driver. Didn't say a word.

I ran over to the driver and told him what happened.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 230 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
Hard to believe but most people are completely unware or can careless what kind of car you drive. To them car doesn't mean anything, just a box with 4 wheels.
Doesn't matter what most people think. It's the few that act that is the problem.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:02 AM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I always park away from everyone else. The one thing you always have to consider when parking in a "crowd" of cars, that just gives bad-guys a place to hide. Parked out in the open leaves no place to hide.

The part that kills me is when I do park away from all others, then some schmuck parks their "fast & the furious" or beater in the spot next to mine. Passing up numerous spaces to get to the one next to mine. I will most always retaliate to the people who screw up bad enough(door-dings, 2 inches from my door, etc). It makes me feel better.

They started it...I just finished it. Thats what is wrong with most people, they NEED to be taught a lesson. I'm just the man for the job. I once took a guys tailgate off and put it in his bed because I couldn't even get into my trunk when I came back out to my beater. Sure I could have moved up and gotten in, but I'm sure he got the point when he returned. If he didn't, that's his problem for being an idiot. I don't regret anything I have ever done to any jack-***'s car. I have never damaged any car, just proved a lot of points...
Old 01-29-2008, 06:57 AM
NOBY
Pro

Why dont you guys park in the middle of two parking slots, here in Sweden I always do that, that way Im keeping those ****** away from my car. Is that not an option over in the US?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:55 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Why dont you guys park in the middle of two parking slots, here in Sweden I always do that, that way Im keeping those ****** away from my car. Is that not an option over in the US?
Only if you want your car keyed!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:11 AM
NOBY
Pro

I wish I would see someone key my car, oh lord help me save him haha...
Old 01-29-2008, 09:14 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

I wish I would see someone key my car, oh lord help me save him haha...
I hear what you are saying but just think you can't get your hands on a gun and almost every American owns one and it still happens.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jasper
Fat people are so insensitive.
Not to mention how they fully disregard the money that we're going to need to provide healthcare for them when their arteries are clogged, their cholesterol rips, their knees break down, they have a stroke, a heart attack....well, you get the idea.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:05 AM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBY
Yes, it IS an option for those of us that would like to see our cars get damaged. Do that for long and someone WILL mess with your car.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:11 AM
LJpete
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is perfect evidence to why I don't drive my car daily (ironic about the why we should drive our cars daily thread). Someone dinged my tailgate on my Grand Cherokee last week. Albeit a small ding but I just looked at it and shrugged it off as it's my beater. I suppose it it really bothers me I might have the ding pulled but I'm not in a rush to do it by any means. I would have been much angrier had it been the P-car.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:25 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dD/dt
I watched a valet at a Ruth's Chris back a new Mercedes E-class into the car behind it. No damage, but it connected solidly. The valet pulled around to the front, and opened the door for the driver. Didn't say a word.

I ran over to the driver and told him what happened.

Let's see, we hand the keys of a $55,000 Mercedes over to an 18 year old kid to park it for us. Who's really at fault here?
Old 01-29-2008, 11:02 AM
rmillnj
Racer

Originally Posted by NOBY
I don't care where in the world you are, taking up two spaces is just downright rude and inconsiderate to others. It you are way out on the end of the lot by yourself, maybe it would be acceptable there, but when you do it in a lot where there are there are not lots of empty spaces, it is just asking for trouble.

Even in Sweden I would think you would be asking for trouble if you took two spaces in the very front of a crowded parking lot.

Quick Reply: OMFG! WTF?