Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Sheesh, what's with all the testosterone around here all of sudden?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 07:26 PM
BoulderNick
Three Wheelin'

Location: Boulder, CO : 12 Square miles surrounded by reality.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sheesh, what's with all the testosterone around here all of sudden?

We've got threads with people bragging about multi-million $$ real estate holdings, others about dating 6 foot tall models, others about how they could afford a half a dozen 996's if they wanted to (but are afraid the engine's will all blow up on 'em)..

Man, did someone slip too much rum in the eggnog?

For the record, I'm just an average guy. I'm in my-mid 40's, married 20+ years, make a comfortable, but not excessive, income, only own a couple of houses, my wife is not a 6 foot tall model (but, I think she looks fine, and if she were 6 foot tall, we'd make an odd couple, since I'm only 5'-something myself - you know the saying "When you're nose to nose, your toes are in it, when you're toes to toes..").. I'm haven't made millions investing in offshore real estate, or google stock. I don't party with Joey Carrera or Paris whats-her-face.

I guess I just don't belong here

Except for one thing: compared to 90% of the world, I'm rich. I have clothes on my back, a warm dry bed to sleep in, more than enough food and drink to keep me happy, my wife and family love me and I have enough good friends to share some laughs with. Life could be a whole lot worse.

Oh yeah, and

HAVE A HAPPY (and safe) FREAKIN' NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

- Nick, just an average dude with a 996 in the garage..
Old 12-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

I had wondered about that also... best to stay away from the ***** measuring competitions.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:36 PM
BrandX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1

Have a great 2008 everybody.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:36 PM
bk12
Racer

Originally Posted by BoulderNick
We've got threads with people bragging about multi-million $$ real estate holdings, others about dating 6 foot tall models, others about how they could afford a half a dozen 996's if they wanted to (but are afraid the engine's will all blow up on 'em)..

For the record, I'm just an average guy. I'm in my-mid 40's, married 20+ years, make a comfortable, but not excessive, income, only own a couple of houses, my wife is not a 6 foot tall model (but, I think she looks fine, and if she were 6 foot tall, we'd make an odd couple, since I'm only 5'-something myself - you know the saying "When you're nose to nose, your toes are in it, when you're toes to toes..").. I'm haven't made millions investing offshore real estate, or google stock. I don't party with Joey Carrera or Paris whats-her-face.

Except for one thing: compared to 90% of the world, I'm rich. I have clothes on my back, a warm dry bed to sleep in, more than enough food and drink to keep me happy, my wife and family love me and I have a enough good friends to share some laughs with. Life could be a whole lot worse.

Oh yeah, and

Amen to that!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Good point Nick and well said!

Happy New Year to all Rennlisters!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:39 PM
rss53
Advanced

Happy New Year to you, we are all lucky to have these cars.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:51 PM
ls911
Pro

Originally Posted by BoulderNick

For the record, I'm just an average guy. I'm in my-mid 40's, married 20+ years, make a comfortable, but not excessive, income, only own a couple of houses, my wife is not a 6 foot tall model (but, I think she looks fine, and if she were 6 foot tall, we'd make an odd couple, since I'm only 5'-something myself - you know the saying "When you're nose to nose, your toes are in it, when you're toes to toes..").. I'm haven't made millions investing offshore real estate, or google stock. I don't party with Joey Carrera or Paris whats-her-face.

Except for one thing: compared to 90% of the world, I'm rich. I have clothes on my back, a warm dry bed to sleep in, more than enough food and drink to keep me happy, my wife and family love me and I have a enough good friends to share some laughs with. Life could be a whole lot worse.

Oh yeah, and

I must admit I have had some fun and good laughs with the guys that like to brag and pretend they are hot shots.
It's very clear that you are for real, humble and have many riches/blessings.
You are zero fun to mess with!
I to am humble and don't like to talk about ME and what I got, except for my palm springs beach house, my massive guns and big di**.
Other than that, I am just like your average Joey Blow...

Ludwig Von Super Stud
Old 12-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Nick, you are not alone. I'm also mid 40s and happily married to someone I like. Sometimes I feel like the poor white trash of the Porsche community....maybe I am. I actually enjoy working on my own Porsche...it is nice to know that I'm not alone. You do belong here...it's guys like yourself that make this an enjoyable and informative site. Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:59 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Big ***** (AC/DC)

I'm ever upper class high society
God's gift to ballroom notoriety
I always fill my ballroom
the event is never small
the social pages say I've got
the biggest ***** of all

(chorus)
oh, I've got big *****
I've got big *****
and they're such big *****
dirty big *****
and he's got big *****
and she's got big *****
but we've got the biggest ***** of them all

and my ***** are always bouncing
my ballroom always full
and everybody **** and **** again
if your name is on the guest list
no-one can take you higher
everybody says I've got
great ***** of fire

(chorus)

some ***** are held for charity
and some for fancy dress
but when they're held for pleasure
they're the ***** that I like best
my ***** are always bouncing
to the left and to the right
it's my belief that my big *****
should be held every night

(chorus)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

(BTW...I too am in my lower 40's, married, house, boat, some cars, no kids, good job, but definately not rich)
Old 12-28-2007, 08:10 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfletch
Nick, you are not alone. I'm also mid 40s and happily married to someone I like. Sometimes I feel like the poor white trash of the Porsche community....maybe I am. I actually enjoy working on my own Porsche...it is nice to know that I'm not alone. You do belong here...it's guys like yourself that make this an enjoyable and informative site. Happy New Year!
Yeah, I know what you mean. I am by no means rich--can you guys believe that I only own ONE house? Can you believe that I make PAYMENTS (no, not an 84-month note!) on my 996 and that I'm really NOT prepared to pay for a new engine if mine blows? I AM, however, fully prepared to deal with that if it happens.

Sometimes I get the impression that I'm one of the few guys that had to pull a few strings to get behind the wheel of a lowly '99 C4 weekend toy. What can I say? I love sports cars and did what I had to do to get what I wanted.

Happy New Year to everyone, or at least the people that haven't been an *** to me today!
Old 12-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Nick you're right. I'm going to sell one of my mansions and drop Heidi to the curb.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 12-28-2007, 08:25 PM
RF5BPilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Locker room talk never amounted to much.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:57 PM
BoulderNick
Three Wheelin'

Location: Boulder, CO : 12 Square miles surrounded by reality.

Originally Posted by ls911
You are zero fun to mess with!
Thankfully, that's not what my wife says...

- Nick
Old 12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Lazerblade
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to know that I am not the only one without a huge boat, multiple sports cars and a model for a girlfriend. I was worried for a bit.

Paul
Old 12-28-2007, 09:02 PM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Its easy to be rich when typing on a key board. I would say that with the prices of the 996s coming down we are finding people who want to appear better off than they really are.

Quick Reply: Sheesh, what's with all the testosterone around here all of sudden?