Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Sheesh, what's with all the testosterone around here all of sudden?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:36 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I do have a hot wife, great family, abundant finances, a few cool rides, etc. BUT, I know it is God's blessings and the only reason I have it. It could be gone tomorrow if He chose to take it. Thankfully, he hasn't. (gotta admit it is fun) But, no matter what our income level is here fellas and ladies, we really need to give back in some way. I'm probably in the minority here in my beliefs, although I wished I weren't, but God allows some of us this kind of wealth so we can bless others. It may be your elderly parents, an orphanage, overseas project, whatever. Share it, whether you consider it a lot or a small amount. If you've been to third world countries, then you know that our poverty here isn't the same. Some places I've been to don't offer government help, food stamps, shelter, even water to the poor. It is a humbling experience. So, give in some way this season...share a little of what you have and do it often. Do it through the church or in some way to glorify our God. What if it's misused?...so what, you did YOUR part. Let others account for what they do. Jesus IS the reason for the season. God bless you all!! I've had a very enjoyable year with my car, thanks to many on rennlist. A smart man learns from his experiences...a genius learns from the experience of others. (oh, and I do have a set of guns as well)

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 12-29-2007, 01:01 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

I have to plead guilty in being part of the recent "uprising." It was just a way to entertain myself after being away on business overseas for most of this quarter.

After spending months in countries where their society value is so drastically different than the US values and in different stages of their growth or maturity as a country. I come back to read posts here and just cannot help myself to feel somewhat cynical.

A French philospher once said, you start to understand your own culture only after you have spent time in another country understanding theirs. Only then will you have a basis for comparison. We are all so fortunate to be here in this side of the world. We all could have easily been born in a country of constant civil war and struggle. How things would be so different under those circumstances...

Happy New Years and wish everyone that next year will be better than before.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:10 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kills me is when we support political cutures so negative and different than our values with a carrot (allowing them to share our wealth, at the expense of our middle and particularly lower middle class) and a stick (i.e. Iraq).
I never thought I'd become a protectionist and still don't view myself as one. I just think if we're going to allow other cultures to share in the wealth established by our forefathers and our constitution, we should all play by the same rules.
Oh well, I guess Hillary will fix all that
Old 12-29-2007, 01:49 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gr8330
testosterone ....... is that a Ferrari your talking about
ouch! LOL!
Old 12-29-2007, 02:47 PM
rleeq
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m just a poor middle income guy who always wanted a Porsche and now I have one so I guess I’m the lucky one.
Happy New Year to all, including Hillary.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP
Guys... please. Average? The median income for a working male in the USA according to your 2005 census was just under $35,000 a year. Making an even hundred would put you well north of the 90th percentile for the USA. For the world, it's almost incalculable. We are rich, and very lucky. Bickering and false modesty disguise what these discussions are really about, which is who's richER. Somebody called it "locker room talk", which I think is about right.
preach!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:04 PM
porsche-t
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

....and with that, I'm gonna take the $3.25 in my pocket, go buy a gallon of gas, and drive my Porsche!

Quick Reply: Sheesh, what's with all the testosterone around here all of sudden?