J
Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 AM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JBRipps
So Jasper....so issues getting around?

J

You mean "no" issues getting around ? Not at all.

You know, since I got the car in May I've been amazed at how hard it has been to get the car sideways...in rain or on the dry. It just wants to hook up and go straight whenever I apply the throttle. That's with the summer tires

So just this evening I found a parking lot covered in snow and just sort of played around trying to find out how the car behaves when pushed....I need lot's and lot's of throttle to get really going around in a circle (I think the kids call them donuts). Get off the throttle and back on again and the tires just hook up and the car goes straight. Back on a deserted road, a little opposite lock, a fair dose of throttle, and I can maintain a nice steady drift, but the basic nature of the car seems to be to get back in line.....No PSM by the way, the car doesn't have it.

Very very confidence inspiring. No drama.

My kids fit in the back great too - I'm a dyed in the wool 911 guy. Why on *earth* would anyone drive anything else?
Old 12-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

When I had my narrow body C4 I used 17" rims with snow tires. With the C4S the 17" were definitely not working, so I went with 18" rims but I need 25mm spacers in the rear to fil lthem out.

Now Pirelli has has 240 Sports that fit perfect on the stock rims, and you really don't feel like you have winter tires on, so far I love them.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasper
You mean "no" issues getting around ? Not at all.

You know, since I got the car in May I've been amazed at how hard it has been to get the car sideways...in rain or on the dry. It just wants to hook up and go straight whenever I apply the throttle. That's with the summer tires

So just this evening I found a parking lot covered in snow and just sort of played around trying to find out how the car behaves when pushed....I need lot's and lot's of throttle to get really going around in a circle (I think the kids call them donuts). Get off the throttle and back on again and the tires just hook up and the car goes straight. Back on a deserted road, a little opposite lock, a fair dose of throttle, and I can maintain a nice steady drift, but the basic nature of the car seems to be to get back in line.....No PSM by the way, the car doesn't have it.

Very very confidence inspiring. No drama.

My kids fit in the back great too - I'm a dyed in the wool 911 guy. Why on *earth* would anyone drive anything else?

I have a set of 265/35/18 225/40/18 LM25 and look forward to having them mounted soon. We got some nasty snow in Toronto today.
Although I don't dirve my C2 in the winter when there is snow on the ground, I think it will help on those clear below 0 temp days. Like to take it out for a spin to keep the engine in check.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Jon996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LM25 tested out today! Snow in Minnesota. Not that I like it, but it's kind of purty . . .
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2007, 09:01 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here....my Blizzaks were "tried" for the first time today. I'm am floored at the performance. Got some funny looks today....love it. No issues in the spots where the bimmer had issues. Very fun. Did some donuts in a "controlled" environment today as well....i.e...empty parking lot.

Interesting to learn how the car reacts with PSM on and off. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to learn how to control their car a bit more when needed. Very very happy about the tires. Decent sense of security....couple that with careful driving and it's all good.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:35 PM
BrandX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was the company Christmas party last night, telling folks that I had my C4S out in the snow, and how much I loved it. Every one of them looked at me like I was a loon.

Anyway, the C4S is OK in the snow with Pirelli 240s, but it's sure not the mountain goat that my X5 is - now that is a vehicle that really works well in snow.

Anyway, enjoy this shot, taken this morning.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: It's that time of year again=winter tire opinion