Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 vs BMW M6

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Is this the angle? (Stock except for wheels, no aerokit, just side skirts)

No comparison IMHO
Old 10-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
This is funny, I took a couple home from a club a few weeks ago and stuffed one of them in the back, and OF COURSE I made him take his spikes off BEFORE I allowed him entry. He left me a myspace comment. Here it is! )

(Steve)
Um the next time you tell me to take my shoes off and get in your car butt first, it better be after dinner and before great sex! =P
What's up? I laid out at the pool all day....recovering. How about you?
OK, we needed a correction here playa
Old 10-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Is this the angle? (Stock except for wheels, no aerokit, just side skirts)

No comparison IMHO
bad example - that is a fine angle - lowered, bigger wheels, much tighter shot. HUGE diff.

i asked for stock, Ray!!! LOL
but anyways the 911 isn't a hot looking car. it's really an amorphous amalgamation of many parts that holistically add up to something special in the automotive world.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Ben, come on the angle is virtually identical and the distances are very similar. Additionally, one is professionally shot and the other is from a cheap digital camera of a car in a no parking zone. The wheels are 18's and the suspension is a Porsche part.

That BMW (pictured) isn't a bread and butter 6 series, rather it's the "M" and as such it includes all BMW's best stuff. Even with all the extras (wheels, front bumper, body kit, lowered ride height, etc.) it still looks funky at best (IMHO).

I'd take an M5 over the fugly M6 in a heart beat. Moreover, I'd walk past both for a sports car like the 997S.

If you like the Bangle Butt that's fine, but let's not pretend that it has the same universal appeal of a car like the 911 (who's basic shape has remained virtually unchanged for over 40 years).

His designs have been contoversial at best.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...tt&btnG=Search

I doubt we will be looking at the same style from BMW in 40 years. In fact, BMW is already backing off from this style (little wonder why).

Finally, if a supermodel walks by, do you think to yourself there goes an amorphous amalgamation of ****, legs, and *** that add up to something special in the modeling world?

Too bad,.................I just think "I'd hit it"
Old 10-02-2007, 05:49 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark
OK, we needed a correction here playa

Hmm proof?

Last edited by arr0gant; 05-03-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Ben, come on the angle is virtually identical and the distances are very similar. Additionally, one is professionally shot and the other is from a cheap digital camera of a car in a no parking zone. The wheels are 18's and the suspension is a Porsche part.

That BMW (pictured) isn't a bread and butter 6 series, rather it's the "M" and as such it includes all BMW's best stuff. Even with all the extras (wheels, front bumper, body kit, lowered ride height, etc.) it still looks funky at best (IMHO).

I'd take an M5 over the fugly M6 in a heart beat. Moreover, I'd walk past both for a sports car like the 997S.

If you like the Bangle Butt that's fine, but let's not pretend that it has the same universal appeal of a car like the 911 (who's basic shape has remained virtually unchanged for over 40 years).

I doubt we will be looking at the same style from BMW in 40 years. In fact, BMW is already backing off from this style (little wonder why).

Finally, if a supermodel walks by, do you think to yourself there goes an amorphous amalgamation of ****, legs, and *** that add up to something special in the modeling world?

Too bad,.................I just think "I'd hit it"
I wholeheartedly disagree. The camera angle is completely diff and i didn't talk about the quality of focus and lighting of the shot. it's the shape of the car.

all of this crap above is subjective, but it's fun to split hairs over it because it tells me who's got the eye and who doesn't. i hope for your sake that we'd all think "i'd hit it" if we ever saw your wife walking around in seattle. LOL j/k!

but maybe she's butt ugly?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
vwrado
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about we compare new angels.

Solara rear vs 6 series rear.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:44 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Case in point!

Last edited by arr0gant; 05-03-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
i hope for your sake that we'd all think "i'd hit it" if we ever saw your wife walking around in seattle. LOL j/k!
Nah, I imagine you'd think to yourself..........there goes an amorphous amalgamation of ****, legs, and *** that would add up to something special in my world. Unfortunately, she's wearing a wedding band and appears to be frowning at me.

What's with the wife fixation anyway?? It's actually more than a little creepy Ben and I do not appreciate your ongoing reference to her (even with a LOL jk thrown in).

I believe this thread is about 911's and ugly M6's and has absolutely nothing to do with spouses.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by vwrado
The 911 may not look that great at that angle but it does not look like a Solara.
Am I the only one that still can't see any resemblance to the Solara?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tooloud10
Am I the only one that still can't see any resemblance to the Solara?
yes, as it's clearly a Solara with a BMW badge.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:48 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

You must have missed the memo about BMW promoting Chris Bangle to Design Chief:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Bangle

I think a lot of people wrongly assume that BMW is not happy with Bangle's performance.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tooloud10
You must have missed the memo about BMW promoting Chris Bangle to Design Chief:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Bangle

I think a lot of people wrongly assume that BMW is not happy with Bangle's performance.
Nope didn't miss it at all. I was pointing out the controversial nature of his design. Specifically, the "Bangle Butt" which has been received a lot of criticism.

I would not say he is a bad designer. However, in my opinion he has produced some bad designs. I like the 5 series and the e46 3 series. I don't really care for his first "Bangle butt" design (7 series), the 6 series or the Z4.

Personally, I think Audi has been producing much better design than BMW lately.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Nah, I imagine you'd think to yourself..........there goes an amorphous amalgamation of ****, legs, and *** that would add up to something special in my world. Unfortunately, she's wearing a wedding band and appears to be frowning at me.

What's with the wife fixation anyway?? It's actually more than a little creepy Ben and I do not appreciate your ongoing reference to her (even with a LOL jk thrown in).

I believe this thread is about 911's and ugly M6's and has absolutely nothing to do with spouses.
don't get your panties in a bunch cuz what's creepy is you first comparing cars to the female body (not I) and "hitting it" so given that you're married, what better correlation to attraction than "the one"? but since it does bother i'll respect your wishes as i do respect you (as much as an e-friendship allows that is).

the m6 is not a car id choose to spend my money on, but i respect it for what it is. it can certainly look very nice modded up just like the 911 (yea yeai do sound like a broken record fuq u).
Old 10-02-2007, 09:54 PM
JJB236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorta knew the M6 would be ridiculed here. This is after all, a Porsche forum, and the comparison is not between a base boxster or a cayman, but the top of the line model.

I'm not too crazy about the rear design of the 6-series either, but it does score much higher in practicality. Even though 911s continue to advertise as 4 seats, we know it aint true. 6-series or M6 would definitley compliment our 911. Btw, you all have 2nd cars, right? Otherwise, what do you drive when you go play golf? 911 can't hold golf clubs.

What's up with all these Japanese cars? Honda Accord Coupe copied the body line of a Mercedes CLK and made it better. Camrys and Solara copied the 6-series rear trunk design and brought down the whole 6-series line.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 vs BMW M6