Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 vs BMW M6

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:07 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vwrado
In my opinion the M6 and all bmw 6 series looks like a solara.

That picture really shows off the **cough, cough** beauty of the 6 series. Seriously, even the Solara looks better. Imagine the car in that picture without the nice wheels to distract you from the actual car design. The trunk lid looks like a kit car add-on.

And it's as overweight as it's lard *** butt styling would indicate...
Old 09-30-2007, 10:09 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Uh, dude, you have to be about 7 years old to fit in the back of a 911... Should we call Chris Hansen?
my 35 year old wife fits.
my 60 years old mom fits.
my 31 year old sister fits.
my 24 year old secretary fits.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:36 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
my 35 year old wife fits.
my 60 years old mom fits.
my 31 year old sister fits.
my 24 year old secretary fits.
Oh ya, I saw 'em on that show, Big World Little People!

Just so you know bro, MOST adults are TOO BIG to fit in the back of a 911.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:48 PM
rleeq
Racer

I say go with the 911. Ten years from now it will still be cool and the M6 will be an old car. Forum fights are almost as fun as watching Cat fights.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by rleeq
I say go with the 911. Ten years from now it will still be cool and the M6 will be an old car. Forum fights are almost as fun as watching Cat fights.
Nah, we never get to see the clothing come off in a forum fight.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Nah, we never get to see the clothing come off in a forum fight.
I don't know this keyboard thug brannon guy at all and never engaged with him in the past, but I say he shows us some pics of his big rack 120lbs gf posing in his 911 with an "eat crow ben" sign and i will certainly eat crow.

else, it's all internet keyboard thuggin straight outta Oklahoma where I could live in a fuqin' mansion for the price of my small **** condo here in seattle. balllllin!

post up a pic of a 996 in the same unflattering angle as the solara or m6. it looks insanely bad.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:45 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
I don't know this keyboard thug brannon guy at all and never engaged with him in the past, but I say he shows us some pics of his big rack 120lbs gf posing in his 911 with an "eat crow ben" sign and i will certainly eat crow.

else, it's all internet keyboard thuggin straight outta Oklahoma where I could live in a fuqin' mansion for the price of my small **** condo here in seattle. balllllin!
Sounds like a challenge, so +1! Put your gf's "big rack" where your mouth is!! ...and Ben, I hope you're willing to share some crow, cause I'd really LOVE a taste!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

LOL come to seattle and i'll buy us a shot of crow with an extra dose for me
Old 10-01-2007, 08:55 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

post up a pic of a 996 in the same unflattering angle as the solara or m6. it looks insanely bad.
Uh, unflattering angle? That was a publicity "glamour" shot of the 6. Shows how pathetically ugly it is. One really awful thing about the design is the straight sheet metal gap which goes all the way across the very high visual impact front of the hood (compared to the waterfall design of hoods on previous BMWs). Sure it is cheaper to produce, but it makes it look like a freakin' Pontiac. Crappy design of the highest order. And did I mention that it's heavy? One issue of Autoweek tested the full sized, 5 passenger Cadillac DTS a while back, calling it a "luxobarge". The 6 series Cab tested at the same time was 100 lbs. heavier.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:22 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by caf
Uh, unflattering angle? That was a publicity "glamour" shot of the 6. Shows how pathetically ugly it is. One really awful thing about the design is the straight sheet metal gap which goes all the way across the very high visual impact front of the hood (compared to the waterfall design of hoods on previous BMWs). Sure it is cheaper to produce, but it makes it look like a freakin' Pontiac. Crappy design of the highest order. And did I mention that it's heavy? One issue of Autoweek tested the full sized, 5 passenger Cadillac DTS a while back, calling it a "luxobarge". The 6 series Cab tested at the same time was 100 lbs. heavier.
<shrug> I actually don't think the M6 is all that ugly--it's pretty in a "futuristic" way, unlike the way the 911 is pretty in a "nostalgic" way, but in any case...

I just looked up the weight of each car--you're off by a bit...the M6 convertible is actually 389 lbs.(!!!) heavier than a DTS (according to Edmunds). I couldn't agree more--that IS pretty ridiculous. One of my old car toys weighs less than HALF the weight of the M6.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:58 AM
JJB236
Racer

M6 may not be prettier than our 911's at some angles and BMW name is common, but the M6 can take in 4 average size adults plus a couple of golf bags in the trunk and GET THIS, M6 CAN BEAT 0-60 run time over 996 Turbo. Bet ya didn't know that. But of course, the new 997 Turbo is faster.

M6 will nicely compliment my 996 as a daily driver and to the golf course. The fact that a $100,000 M6 is not flashy is another plus for me. Don't wanna draw too much attention on the DD, especially when going to the office in a suit. New Mercedes CL 500 is in the similar price range, but Mercedes design is... just dull these days, except for the SL and SLR. Girls favor the Jag XK over the M6.

Last edited by JJB236; 10-02-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by caf
again, post up a pic of a stock as can be 911 in the same angle and it'll look downright hideous as well. and the 911 range today (e.g. 997TT being the GTest iteration) tops out at over 3,400lbs so who are we to b!tch about the bimmer's weight?

not all cars look great from all angles. esp when u have a camera lens involved.

it's an awesome GT car, w/ great tech, an F1 dna v-10, looks are subjective. the 911 is not the best looking car in the world - in fact, w/o its motorsport roots, its looks would be nothing to write home about. do i look at the m6 and say damn that's hot? no way. but with an aerokit and wheels, it looks pretty darn aggressive just like the 911.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:13 PM
vwrado
Instructor

again, post up a pic of a stock as can be 911 in the same angle and it'll look downright hideous as well. and the 911 range today (e.g. 997TT being the GTest iteration) tops out at over 3,400lbs so who are we to b!tch about the bimmer's weight?

not all cars look great from all angles. esp when u have a camera lens involved.

it's an awesome GT car, w/ great tech, an F1 dna v-10, looks are subjective. the 911 is not the best looking car in the world - in fact, w/o its motorsport roots, its looks would be nothing to write home about. do i look at the m6 and say damn that's hot? no way. but with an aerokit and wheels, it looks pretty darn aggressive just like the 911.
The 911 may not look that great at that angle but it does not look like a Solara.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Jagsiva
Instructor

Why not just get a horse trailer and drag it behind a new 997?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:44 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

I'd take an M5 WAY over an M6. I agree it's an ugly car, and I DISAGREE STRONGLY about the 911 being ugly at that angle or ANY! I don't care if you're looking at it lying under the car!!! The 911 style is very little changed for 40+ years, just evolved. This is part of its beauty/mystique.

If you don't agree with that, you're not a 911 purist, which is cool.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 vs BMW M6