Sponsored by:

Custom Supercharger and FVD tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
Sorry for the loss, this was the most exciting project I have read on the 996 forum. I learned some things from your project and realized how difficult it is to tune a Porsche. It is a cake walk for anything American. You could go to one website and find all the details of MAF, injector size, and fuel pump capacity in a heartbeat for boosting the American machines. Not Porsche.
I agreeTippy and thanks, but not licked yet! I'm am not actually tuning the car like the old days just swapping maps for the mods installed in the car, but if I could have cracked the porsche ECU Gnome and knew Hex code it would be a different story. The older american cars I think are alittle harder to keep tuned.

Last edited by Mother; 01-26-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mother
I agreeTippy and thanks, but not licked yet!
Awesome attitude! Cant wait for future write-ups.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by redridge
Mother, sorry to hear about what has happened... I hope the GULf VI project lives on, GL
Thanks for the support but don't worry I'm not dead yet! Just late to the party Just waying options either go with another used eng again or rebuilt from porsche the service tech said $6500 for rebuilt from porsche with 2 year warrenty but after dropping my SC back on I would void the warrenty.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Time to update this thread. The engine I choose since I could not keep up wtih the falling dollar and pricing for the porsche rebuilt was from Strasse Auto in Newport CA and came with one year warrenty, First off Robert and thier techs seem nice and informative and have done many engines before with good feed back. Well to see that my karma is still holding up I watched them change out my injectors for my stock ones and must have went out for a qwik break and they cocked one on bank one so when my new Indy shop installed it and started her leaked fuel all over And this was after bruzing? a couple of ribs because of the zero suspenstion on my truck and those LA feeways !!! Ok enough of my whinning . I finally got her straightened out along with the passenger fan not working properly thanks for those that helped in that regard also. OK it's time to pat myself on the back for keeping the RPM's under 4000 and for the first couple of guys trying my patience in there Honda's.... and almost won . At present installing and trying my hand at painting my RUF wing, I will continue this saga after break in and SC parts back on.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Mother; 08-20-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:11 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you're back on the saddle, you are a tough warrior!
Please post more details.
John
Old 08-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Back in the game .. after some time and changes to my intake for my SC and the bricking computer during flash I installed my SC again noticed alternator did not work so off comes the SC again, however noticed a belt problem when disassembling. The belt seem warped in one spot and just not sure of cause and this is the old belt I used before engine failure last time. Logical guessing is allowed.

Last edited by Mother; 09-04-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:16 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

belt slippage???

or you just threw it in the box mangled and packed it up.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Tough call I know but warpage is on one side of the belt, I tested the Alt and it checked Ok, but will replace the Alt/Regulator just in case. I think Im going to replace belt with slightly shorter one and mark the alt pulley and belt to see at idle if It is spinning and get voltage. You may be correct a few posts back about not getting enough grip on the alt pulley from my SC.

Personally wish I had the bracket you have if you run by one let me know. The problem is I have very little area to work with on my bracket to put and idler pulley between the SC pulley and the alternator to get more grip and cannot move idler pulley #3 because it is attached to the engine thru my bracket.

Last edited by Mother; 08-21-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Just follow up belt problem has been solved using extra pulley for more wrap and every thing was mic'd out. Now if I can get it tuned that is a different story.

Quick Reply: Custom Supercharger and FVD tuning