Sponsored by:

Rear Badge: Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:13 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Who cares what anyone else thinks? Life is short, so do what makes you happy. I know I did. So, do I look like I am a poseur because I prefer badgeless?
TD your car looks great and is fine without the badge. Personally with or without a badge, the 996 is a beautiful looking car.

I am just trying to see if having a badge or not having a badge is a or not.

And yes at the end of the day I will make the decision.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

I vote no badge. Instead, fill it up with track maps of the tracks you visit. You've seen the picture of mine. And do add the wickerbill, in black. That will say enough.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:42 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Patrick
I vote no badge. Instead, fill it up with track maps of the tracks you visit. You've seen the picture of mine. And do add the wickerbill, in black. That will say enough.
Patrick, I am still looking for the wicker bill but with no luck. Any ideas as to where I can go to get one (a place that you know has them)? Dealer will not order me anything as the car did not come with the Aero kit from the factory. I am still also looking for the front lip too. And I am an agreement that with the black bumperettes, black license plate frame (surprised know one commented on my plate), and the black wicker bill it will look tight on yellow. So no badge is needed if I do that.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:48 PM
mrhmmhmm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Likening the tattoo on a hot chick to a badge on the *** of a 911, so appropriate and perfect. I love it.

How are these badges affixed to the body? Is it purely adhesive or do they also have stabilizing posts that insert into the metal trunklid?

TD in DC - I think I may have seen your car at an autocross (at rosecroft) several years ago! It looked great then and does in that recent pic - unless there's someone else rolling around with a targa in the dc area exactly like yours.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhmmhmm
Likening the tattoo on a hot chick to a badge on the *** of a 911, so appropriate and perfect. I love it.

How are these badges affixed to the body? Is it purely adhesive or do they also have stabilizing posts that insert into the metal trunklid?

TD in DC - I think I may have seen your car at an autocross (at rosecroft) several years ago! It looked great then and does in that recent pic - unless there's someone else rolling around with a targa in the dc area exactly like yours.
Thanks. that was me. You saw me at my first and last autocross. I don't have anything against it, but now I do DEs and races with PCA and '44 cup.

With respect to the badges, it is simple adhesive and very easy to remove with dental floss . . .
Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Steven, I was just in the reading room looking at a Porsche magazine and I saw an article on a 928 GTS. It gave me an idea. How about you combine a chrome 911 badge and a chrome GT3 badge for 911GT. With your aerokit, I think it would look great. It would definately be unique. I have seen similar unique badging on some of the Rgruppe cars.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:50 AM
FLY996
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote no badge...eaiser to wash, wax & polish...also, some may take offense to "911"
Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mfletch
Steven, I was just in the reading room looking at a Porsche magazine and I saw an article on a 928 GTS. It gave me an idea. How about you combine a chrome 911 badge and a chrome GT3 badge for 911GT. With your aerokit, I think it would look great. It would definately be unique. I have seen similar unique badging on some of the Rgruppe cars.
That 's a nice idea but I will have to pass since my car is not an official GT3 and I do not want to pass it of as one. If it was then maybe.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:19 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by FLY996
I vote no badge...eaiser to wash, wax & polish...also, some may take offense to "911"
I agree, no getting the towel to catch on it, not worried about it saying 911.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:20 AM
MellowYellow1
Track Day

Default Badge, badge, badge

go with silver....looks great on yellow even with black bumperettes (or paint bumperettes to match the car)

911 or Carrera is your own personal preference....but I thing Carrera is best/better....

center it both up and down and sideways ...

hey, where did you get the spoiler? very nice....
Old 06-15-2007, 01:24 AM
ettil
AutoX

I badge though was reluctant to at first (had to be talked out of "delete model designation"). Now I think it looks naked w/o (esp w/taco wing). Original config of silver Carrera 4. Towel catches are pain but that's just the way it goes.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:24 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MellowYellow1
go with silver....looks great on yellow even with black bumperettes (or paint bumperettes to match the car)

911 or Carrera is your own personal preference....but I thing Carrera is best/better....

center it both up and down and sideways ...

hey, where did you get the spoiler? very nice....
Mellow thanks for the input. I see you are selling your car, something about the garage and wife, sry to hear that.

Do you have a pic of the back of your car that you can post?

My wing is part of the Aero Kit. The car didn't come with the car originally with it, but it is a Porsche kit.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Black Carrera, paint the bumprettes
Old 06-15-2007, 01:32 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mr. C4
Black Carrera, paint the bumprettes
Mr. C4 I really like your headlights in blue, won't work with mine, but maybe yellow ones would, just a thought
Old 06-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Mr. C4 I really like your headlights in blue, won't work with mine, but maybe yellow ones would, just a thought
The blue film is mounted on my track headlights as I have 2 sets of headlights (track and street). I think blue on your yellow car would be fantastic but then the Swedish flag is yellow and blue............................

Quick Reply: Rear Badge: Yes or No?