Sponsored by:

AARRGGH! Dealer dented my car! ***UPDATE!***

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
BTW - do you have any suggestions to "alternate shops" for P-car service? You can PM me if you need to.

Eric,

If you end up PM Tim, please send to me as well...would like to have an indy alternative here in Charlotte.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Best indy in Charlotte:

Jim Burton
Eurowerks
http://www.eurowerks.us/

He was the lead guy at Hendrick for a very long time, runs his own Porsche shop now out toward Stallings. Top notch. Tell him I sent you.

Not to take anything from Hendrick, but if you need a good indy, he's the go-to guy around here.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 03-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Best indy in Charlotte:

Jim Burton
Eurowerks

He was the lead guy at Hendrick for a very long time, runs his own Porsche shop now out toward Stallings. Top notch. Tell him I sent you.

Not to take anything from Hendrick, but if you need a good indy, he's the go-to guy around here.

Thx! Always good to have an alternative to Hendrick.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:59 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Best indy in Charlotte:

Jim Burton
Eurowerks

Eric - thanks for the lead on the "indy" shop.

I'll give Hendrick another chance, but if I get mediocre service from them again..... I'm gone from there forever! That would also eliminate them from consideration on any future P-car purchases, too. A lot is going to depend if they step up to the plate on the leather color that is wearing off the side bolster on the driver's seat back.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay Tim the excitement is killing me!!! Is the dent completely gone???? I have a couple of small: I-am-an-*******-and-can't-open-my-door-without-hitting-your-door-or front-fender: dents...and they bug the S.. out of me, call me ****!!

If they get your dent completely out....than my dents are jokes!! and I will have them removed tomorrow!

Dutchie in NC......I have been a little busy...but try to read rennlist...I have noticed if you are not reading the first message in a tread....it is very hard to keep up! But I am glad at least one person missed me!!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
Dutchie in NC......I have been a little busy...but try to read rennlist...I have noticed if you are not reading the first message in a tread....it is very hard to keep up! But I am glad at least one person missed me!!
Gotta make sure my fellow country men are doing ok
Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Tim....I've got the best leather guy in the country. He does most of the highline work, including Porsche. So hopefully if they need him, he'll be the one. You can email me later with details, happy to provide referral.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:27 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
Okay Tim the excitement is killing me!!! Is the dent completely gone???? I have a couple of small: I-am-an-*******-and-can't-open-my-door-without-hitting-your-door-or front-fender: dents...and they bug the S.. out of me, call me ****!!

If they get your dent completely out....than my dents are jokes!! and I will have them removed tomorrow!

Nicolaas - yes the dent is completely gone but at the top of where the dent was the narrowest, there are some bumps in the paint. They almost look like goose bumps or a rash on your skin. They are very hard to see and you have to get the light angle just right, but they are there. The bumps do not show up in pics or I would have posted some pics of the bumps.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:30 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Tim....I've got the best leather guy in the country. He does most of the highline work, including Porsche. So hopefully if they need him, he'll be the one. You can email me later with details, happy to provide referral.
Eric - thanks, I may have to get the name & number of the leather guy from you. I didn't get the chance to take the car in to the dealer today. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow (Thursday).
Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
Eric,

If you end up PM Tim, please send to me as well...would like to have an indy alternative here in Charlotte.

I bought my first Porsche from a guy in Charlotte, and I had the PPI done at a place call "911 shop" or "911 only" or something like that with "911" in the name. Up around Independence Blvd near the old coliseum, best as I can remember. Try the phoneboook...

Anyway, they did a good job.

Michael
Old 03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tim - I am completely **** about my cars. But if I were you, if you can't really see the bumps in the paint unless you look hard, I would rather get the dealer to give you a free service (or something) than have them re-spray the fender.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

those bumps might be easily fixed by a pro doing some wet-sanding and buffing. Let them try before any painting is done.

Quick Reply: AARRGGH! Dealer dented my car! ***UPDATE!***