AARRGGH! Dealer dented my car! ***UPDATE!***

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 08:15 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Angry AARRGGH! Dealer dented my car! ***UPDATE!***

I didn't post this yesterday because I didn't have any pics. I KNEW better than to start this thread without pics because.... well, you know.... I figured you guys would barbecue me for "not posting pics!"

Well, I got my new PS2 tires mounted on Thursday. Friday I had the dealer do an alignment on the car. I told the Service Manager to make sure they didn't wash the car because the last time it was in the shop they left swirl marks and scratches in the clear coat. I arrived to pick up the car at 2:30 yesterday and the FIRST thing I see is a decent sized dent just behind the passenger side door!

Service manager said they would take care of it and have a "paintless dent remover" repair it. Here are three pics of the dent. BTW - the 3rd pic clearly shows the swirl marks from the visit to the dealer three weeks ago.

OK, rant over!
Attached Images    

Last edited by gota911; 03-15-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:23 PM
adybuncio
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A porter backed into my car today at the dealership that I work in
Old 03-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Ouch! Not cool! I hope they fix it okay.

...at least you knew better than to post without pictures. I got my tires mounted today... thankfully I didn't have any issues.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:27 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

WOW, I guess misery loves company!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:39 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

OUCH! Tim, that really sucks. I see a crease, so I hope the dent removal guy is good.
It's gonna be tough, I hope you don't accept anything other than perfection,
the dealer makes alot of money, they can pay whatever to get it back to original condition.

And to think, they weren't the first one to tell you of it.
Nobody could have done that and not be aware of it.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

BTW, I'd be dumping any dealer that did that to my car. I hope that they had a good explanation as to how it happened.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tim, that sucks! Oh I would be pissed at the dealer for doing it and then twice as much for not saying anything about it. I hope you follow through with them and make it perfect. As Cosmos said, they make a lot of money and to chince (sp???) out on this would be ridiculous.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

paintless dent removal???? I thought this was only for dent without hard edges!! Your dent has a very hard line in it......better get a 2nd opinion!!

Why can't they be more careful!!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:45 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
BTW, I'd be dumping any dealer that did that to my car. I hope that they had a good explanation as to how it happened.
Nope, Service Advisor didn't know about the dent (or at least acted like he didn't know about it), so there was no explanation. I had an appointment with a client and was already running late, so I couldn't wait around to get an explanation.

Yeah, I have been contemplating whether I should stop using them completely. Hendrick Porsche is 15 miles from my house and 3 miles from my office. The next closest dealer is 43 from my house and 51 miles from the office.

The irony of this is that Hendrick Automotive Corporate offices are directly behind my office building. I could hit their building with a “knocked-down” Pitching Wedge! Hey, wait a minute, that gives me an idea, maybe I could….. nah… that’s not my style! But it was fun thinking about it for a few hours…., er, I mean…. seconds!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:53 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
paintless dent removal???? I thought this was only for dent without hard edges!! Your dent has a very hard line in it......better get a 2nd opinion!!

Agreed, it really is more like a crease, which is very concerning to me. I can assure you that the general manager WILL get involved with this before any work is done to my car.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Seeing the photo made me want to cry... it's especially disturbing that someone didn't own up to having done it... maybe it's time to look for a good independent mechanic.. probably cheaper and less hassle also.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:10 PM
evansaero
Pro

MOTHER F*****

That's all I can say after seeing that
Old 03-10-2007, 11:32 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

That's terrible! And worse that you discovered it.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:34 PM
PorschePRH
Instructor

I love paintless dent removal, and I call them in first to see if they can fix something before I go another route.

So I can tell you that since it's so close to the edge for the door, it's going to be very hard for them to fix.

The metal is stronger by the edge because of the fold for the door opening, and I would be surprised if they could get it perfect.

And if they do it the old fashion way, remember to ask them if that dent will cost you $5000 or $6000 off trade in value from their dealership since their paint meter shows it "had paintwork."
Old 03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb

Actually, according to my friend who is a professional PDR, creases are easier. What could be the "killer" in Tim's dent is that it's close to the edge.

That sucks...that's not a dent, that's a HIT.

Quick Reply: AARRGGH! Dealer dented my car! ***UPDATE!***