Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Another Starbucks incident - this time with PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Starbucks incident - this time with PICS!

Still chuckling from Phil G's Starbucks confrontation the other week, I went into Starbucks after lunch.

When I pulled up, there were three open spaces to the right, and two open spaces to the left. I'm thinking "even if someone pulls in, there's plenty of space."

So, I walk out, and there he is - the mysterious ****box SUV, right on the white line, so close I can hardly get in. I look around and see the guy walking up with a sandwich to sit at one of the patio tables, and I start cracking up at the absurdity of it all. I stand about 10 feet from him, break out the Treo, and snap a pic.

I'm thinking this is the same guy, roaming from state to state, hating on the pcar drivers.
Attached Images   
Old 01-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol i hate it when that happens
Old 01-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Jyoder240
Intermediate

This isn't exclusive to p-car owners. Earlier today I went to Boarders and parked at the back of the parking lot against a curb. When I came out their was a minivan parked right next to my Z. Guess why they were parked so close!? Because Starbucks parking lot was full so they parked in a different parking lot.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:09 PM
newport996
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that kills me....I can be the ONLY car in the parking lot...I come out and some mini van parked RIGHT NEXT to me and TOO CLOSE! Why? This is psychological I am convinced. There is a need for some people to line up....fall in line and they see a "leader" and wanna fall in right behind it, or in this case, next to it.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:41 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Rick, that's classic! All you needed was for the pickup parked across from you to move next to you. Then you would have had the perfect storm!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me...
Old 01-03-2007, 08:23 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

By looking at your pictures, I see alot of wrong things and unfortunately they are not towards the SUV guy.

1- Always find a parking that minimize your chances of getting ding. I would of taken the spot next to the bush, atleast you reduce your chances by 50%.

2- You are not dead center in your own spot. Looks lke alot more room on passenger side then driver side. If SUV does the same thing towards your car, for sure it will reduce the space to get in your car.

It sucks but in your situation, you couldn't of done anything since he is well within is spot.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Rick, I can't believe you didn't say anything to the bastard, thereby risking your life like I did. And I'd swear that's the same goddam SUV as parked next to me at Starbucks last weekend!! IT'S HIM!!! He's out to get ALL of us.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:36 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

There's a word for people like that - jerkoff.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:42 PM
carpundit
Three Wheelin'

Nutbeem, good post, but I've got to second CWay27.

The best available spot in that photo is the one to your far left as you were pulling in - you'd have had one side completely safe, and you could have shaded it to the left for an extra buffer against any car parking where the SUV did.

I suspect you were thinking about the trees, but door dings are worse than tree droppings. And it's winter, anyway.

Last edited by carpundit; 01-03-2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: clarify my description
Old 01-03-2007, 08:43 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wouldn't **** me off unless there was a passenger in the vehicle, in this particular case. I'm betting he was the only one in the Explorer.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CWay27
By looking at your pictures, I see alot of wrong things and unfortunately they are not towards the SUV guy.

1- Always find a parking that minimize your chances of getting ding. I would of taken the spot next to the bush, atleast you reduce your chances by 50%.

2- You are not dead center in your own spot. Looks lke alot more room on passenger side then driver side. If SUV does the same thing towards your car, for sure it will reduce the space to get in your car.

It sucks but in your situation, you couldn't of done anything since he is well within is spot.
Cway, although I greatly respect the opinion of anyone driving a 964, the greatest of the air cooled Porsches, you're off the mark here. Here's why:

1. I didn't take the bush spot because I hate having to open the door INTO the bush, thereby endangering both my paint and my clothing. I expected that the plentiful spaces on either side would provide the protection needed.

2. Actually, it may not look it, but I'm almost dead center in my space. Mr. SUV is almost ON his line, displaying CLEAR contempt and disdain for the pcar.

Indeed, I should have taken ANOTHER shot from the rear, which would have more clearly showed this most shocking example of his malicious intent!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:50 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Explorer dude didn't want to be near the bush either and was leaving extra room for someone who may have to park next to the bush.

Originally Posted by Nutbeem
Cway, although I greatly respect the opinion of anyone driving a 964, the greatest of the air cooled Porsches, you're off the mark here. Here's why:

1. I didn't take the bush spot because I hate having to open the door INTO the bush, thereby endangering both my paint and my clothing. I expected that the plentiful spaces on either side would provide the protection needed.

2. Actually, it may not look it, but I'm almost dead center in my space. Mr. SUV is almost ON his line, displaying CLEAR contempt and disdain for the pcar.

Indeed, I should have taken ANOTHER shot from the rear, which would have more clearly showed this most shocking example of his malicious intent!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:06 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nutbeem

Respect has nothing to do with this. You are making a big fuss out of nothing. If you don't want to take the spot next to the bush and backing into it and therefore reducing your chances of getting a ding, well it's your problem. You took this spot for no particular reason just lke the next Joe that parked next to you. You didn't want to take space next the bush and neither did he, so it doesn't leave alot of spaces to park if you take the one in the middle. The guy was well within his spot so what do want more.

Next time leave the car in the garage
Old 01-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Should have done what any self-respecing Porsche owner does at Starbucks and parked across two spaces.

Quick Reply: Another Starbucks incident - this time with PICS!