Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

May be selling the 2000 Cab soon (CPO Car)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 03:26 PM
BlackCab996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default May be selling the 2000 Cab soon (CPO Car)

Hi guys - OK, my situation in life is changing - my wife and I found out a week ago that we are expecting child number three. We also bought a new house 9 months ago and are in the middle of remodeling. I try to drive my car, but it's been tough and will only be getting tougher. I've only put on 6,000 miles in one year (the car is at 45,500 right now on the odometer). I have one year left on the CPO warranty, so I figure this is a good time to consider selling the car to someone that wants some warranty time. I really love this car but have been strongly considering upgrading to an '02 or later, or perhaps a 997 at some point after this remodel and funding the kids' 529 plans. I also could wind up keeping the car and just not putting as many miles on it as I would like (no thrashing me about "why don't you drive it daily?" - if it weren't for a 20 mile commute each way through horrendous gridlock, I would drive it every day). The attached photos are from when I bought the car, but it's actually cleaner now, as I have had the car detailed a couple times and have been meticulous about keeping it clean. I also paid to swap these rims our for a duplicate set that had been refinished and have zero curb rash. The car has Pirelli P-Zeros with at least 75% tread remaining in the rear and over 80% remaining on the front. The car has been trouble free, except for a broken plastic piece on the Cab latch (I bought the new piece and need to install it) and an ignition problem that was fixed during the first month of ownership. I am also taking it in for an oil change on Monday. I am likely to ask low 40s for the car. I will also throw in a custom fit car cover and a Porsche Battery Maintainer (that has become unnecessary once I replaced the ignition and the battery). I need to start figuring out what the right price is for the vehicle and want to put the word out to Rennlisters first. I'm in San Marino, which is a suburb on the northeast side of Los Angeles. Happy Holidays to all.
Attached Images    
Old 12-14-2006, 03:28 PM
pl
Drifting

child number three?
best luck!!!
i told my wife our to-do list is:
1. another house
2. ferrari
3. child number three
lol
Old 12-14-2006, 03:38 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in that order?
Old 12-14-2006, 03:45 PM
justinmm2
Burning Brakes

Your priorities are all out of order. You can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house. Ergo, you should be Ferrari shopping
Old 12-14-2006, 03:52 PM
BlackCab996
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by justinmm2
Your priorities are all out of order. You can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house. Ergo, you should be Ferrari shopping
That's what I told the wife - she said, "you can also test drive sleeping on the couch."
Old 12-14-2006, 03:55 PM
pl
Drifting

Originally Posted by CT03911
in that order?
yeal, any comments?
Old 12-14-2006, 04:12 PM
justinmm2
Burning Brakes

> That's what I told the wife - she said, "you can also test drive sleeping on the couch."

Unless your couch has a V12, I don't see the problem.

In all seriousness, good luck with the car sale. I'm thinking selling mine soon for the same reasons (CPO warranty running out, will want to upgrade before too long). Good luck!

Justin
Old 12-14-2006, 04:44 PM
BlackCab996
Rennlist Member

Here's a quick photo of the interior - the lighting is a little off on this. It's a Black interior and this picture has a bit of a different hue. I just want people to see that the car is clean. The carpet is excellent throughout the car and I put in new floormats when I bought it as well.
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

nice car..... hate to see you sell.... gl
Old 12-14-2006, 05:39 PM
BlackCab996
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche_Smile
nice car..... hate to see you sell.... gl
If I can power through the next six months and keep things humming at work while doing all of this other stuff, I would probably keep it. I'm not going to ebay, autotrader, or anywhere for a while. I just wanted to put the word out here in case someone has a friend that would want a clean, well cared for car. The vehicle was well maintained before I bought it and I take good care of it. Everytime a non-Porsche owner sees it, they say, "wow, it looks great, is it new?". I used to say, "no, it's a 996 and now there's a 997". They'd say "I thought it was a 911..." So now I just say, "thanks for the compliment, and no it's not new."
Old 12-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Good grief - you, PhilG, who's next?

I had the same problem, but I went out and bought a $10k BMW wagon for kid duty, in addition to my wife's Expedition. We've got all the bases covered, but no room in the driveway. We've also been tossing around a remodel, but I've heard so many contractor horror stories, I'm thinking about buying an RV instead.

Car looks great, no doubt.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

See, BlackCab996 had the good sense to completely explain his rationale for selling! I, on the other hand, am not quite so clear on my thought process. I wish I could figure this out!

Can I interest you in a more practical '04 C4S with 1800 miles? Just kidding - relax. Very nice cab, BTW.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Phil, I thought you liked the attention!

Any day that a Porsche is orphaned is a bad day... noone wants tro see a 996 out alone on the streets for Christmas.

Originally Posted by Phil G.
See, BlackCab996 had the good sense to completely explain his rationale for selling! I, on the other hand, am not quite so clear on my thought process. I wish I could figure this out!

Can I interest you in a more practical '04 C4S with 1800 miles? Just kidding - relax. Very nice cab, BTW.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by oreganet
Phil, I thought you liked the attention!
Not THAT much attention
Old 12-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Not THAT much attention

yeah, I thought for a while that the posse would be arriving in Maple Glen to take the car away by force to protect you from yourself.

Quick Reply: May be selling the 2000 Cab soon (CPO Car)