Sponsored by:

My 1st 911!! 2002 C4S. YAY!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 02:02 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Hmm. I don't remember. All I know is that it says ON PAPER that it has CPO. They wrote it, not me.
in this case, they own u a warranty.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:05 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Yup! You need to make sure that you have the CPO in the system and if NOT they owe you an aftermarket warranty thru Sep 2008 or 100K
Old 07-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok so here it is. I think, whether or not they intended to write this, it is on paper, in blk & white. Why would they have done this if they KNEW it could not have a CPO as they bought it from a dealer. (as some of you have said)

I have 'em by the *****. They HAVE to honor it, don't you guys think?
Absolutely, very little to argue about there.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:07 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

My first suggestion is to play dumb and go to the Porsche dealer that sold them the car and ask them what needs to be done to make sure your name is on the CPO paperwork (in the system). If they say, sorry buddy, your SOL since we sold it to them and they sold it to you and CANNOT honor the system, then show them the paper you just uploaded and ask what needs to be done.

For all we know the Porsche dealer told your dealer that the car was CPO'd to 2008 and then your dealer has a beef with the Porsche dealer.

EITHER WAY, YOU ARE OWED A 100K/SEPT2008 WARRANTY and ZERO COST TO YOU!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm...they checked the 'As-Is' box, but then included a footnote??? Totally contradictory on their part, so not sure of the legal ramifications. Given their added comment on the CPO, however, it's certainly worth a try to pursue it.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:11 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
Hmm...they checked the 'As-Is' box, but then included a footnote??? Totally contradictory on their part, so not sure of the legal ramifications. Given their added comment on the CPO, however, it's certainly worth a try to pursue it.
From what I understand, the AS-IS that is checked, protects THEM from any liability if anything is wrong. Otherwise, why would they have checked the "as-is" box when they KNEW it had the factory warranty for sure.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:15 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

No matter the semantics. Verify you are CPO'd and go from there. If you find out you are screwed, then as I said, find out if Global was told by the P-Car dealer it was CPO'd and would be offered to you. Either way, somebody other than you is covering the car with a warranty (or montary compensaition equal to it in return). If none fo that happens, hire an lawyer or give the car back since it was MISREPRESENTED. As painful as that might be, you might have to stick to your guns.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I understand, the AS-IS that is checked, protects THEM from any liability if anything is wrong. Otherwise, why would they have checked the "as-is" box when they KNEW it had the factory warranty for sure.
That's what I don't understand. They have no reason to check that box given there's still a remaining factory warranty. They didn't do the PPI for you, nor did they guarantee you the car was perfect (every reseller has a disclaimer that the car's condition is represented "to the best of their ability"). Anything wrong with the car post-purchase would be covered by the warranty anyway, so why would they need protection when the warranty period is still in effect?
Old 07-20-2006, 02:31 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ucube
That's what I don't understand. They have no reason to check that box given there's still a remaining factory warranty. They didn't do the PPI for you, nor did they guarantee you the car was perfect (every reseller has a disclaimer that the car's condition is represented "to the best of their ability"). Anything wrong with the car post-purchase would be covered by the warranty anyway, so why would they need protection when the warranty period is still in effect?

My guess? So that when you drive it off the lot and in a week, the engine blows, you don't take it back and say fix it. You HAVE to take it to Porsche.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:36 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My guess? So that when you drive it off the lot and in a week, the engine blows, you don't take it back and say fix it. You HAVE to take it to Porsche.
This is what I was thinking.....they are not offering a warranty themselves,
but showing that Porsche is.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Yup! You need to make sure that you have the CPO in the system and if NOT they owe you an aftermarket warranty thru Sep 2008 or 100K

I agree and disagree with Dell here. They owe you a warranty. A CPO warranty. I would not take an aftermarket one as half of those go out of business months after you get their warranty. I would so force this and make them pay the certification through Porsche if it has been lost in the transfer. You have them by the nads so now you will find out if they are on the up and up or not. We'll all know shortly what kind of ethics global motors is sporting.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:32 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LVDell
No matter the semantics. Verify you are CPO'd and go from there. If you find out you are screwed, then as I said, find out if Global was told by the P-Car dealer it was CPO'd and would be offered to you. Either way, somebody other than you is covering the car with a warranty (or montary compensaition equal to it in return). If none fo that happens, hire an lawyer or give the car back since it was MISREPRESENTED. As painful as that might be, you might have to stick to your guns.

Totally agree here. The minute they balk, and that will be the minute you call them asking for them to CPO the car you tell them fine. Write me a check and I am bringing you back the car. Violation of contract. They will cave. Maybe.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:53 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Man, you guys really had it right the 1st time. I'm truley humbled!!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:11 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

We really take no pleasure in that it is just that most people have been through it in one way or another. There is just about nothing that we people on this board have not seen, and can spot it a mile away. Just be diligent and stick to your guns, and it will work out. I live in Houston, and if you need anything I can try and help if possible.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:34 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok i will play the devil here:
2 strange things:
1. Canada car sold in US?
2. p-dealer sold the car to non-p dealer? why didn't they retail it?

Quick Reply: My 1st 911!! 2002 C4S. YAY!!