996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Dansk "Super Sound" Exhaust Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 05:07 AM
phwang20
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you're settling. If you're like me, you can try to convince yourself as much as you want, but over time, it'll bother you enough to change it. Maybe not...
Old 05-26-2006, 08:57 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
....speeding in my eyes is driving a constant speed for at least a mile or so...not for a couple of hundred feet....we will see.
Unfortunately, your eyes and the states' laws likely differ pretty substantially. I've had the same thing happen to me in the past and the cop just wrote up the highest speed possible and took off. But, like you are planning, I challenged it in court and got off with just paying a fine and no points. Hopefully, your outcome will be just as positive.

I don't know about the exhaust, don't know if I really like them.
Nicolaas, just return the exhaust and get something else. You are going to drive yourself mad with them over time, particularly if you ever hear the PSEs or the Rufs. Departstop will take them back (I know, a hassle to ship them back). Then, wait until there's a rally or gathering of some sort and listen to the exhausts personally before buying one. You'll be SO much more satisfied that way.

I hate to say this, but I can't resist: what really stinks is that you waited so expectantly for them and now don't even really love them. Stinks.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Dayton996T
Advanced

Nickolaas,
As mentioned, we have a "no hassle" return policy. We will gladly take them back if your not satisfied.
Its really hard to get the understanding of sound over a sound clip on the internet. What ever you decide we will support you. Thanks for hanging in there.
Cheers
Dayton
Old 05-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to take it for another spin today and will get back....thanks Dayton for the support....I guess I got to go with the PSE's......I just thought they would be to "quiet"...but I heard them and they sound great.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Holiday
Advanced

Nicolaas- have you had someone do a driveby for you in your car yet? If not- do it!

I've made several videos (idling, driveby's, and cruise) that I have been struggling to post and they sound amazing! The exhaust is actually quiet on the inside (an absolute plus to me), while sounding loud, distinct, and aggressive on the outside. Listen to the Super Sound audio clip I gave in the first post for a very good idea of how it sounds (the clip is right on). Also, the exhaust doesn't seem to get really aggressive until 3k RPM's and up (where the ECU makes valve? adjustments), which I consider to be a good thing for daily driving around town/through neighborhoods, etc.

These were the selling points for me:

1) Dansk Super Sound's were $875 as opposed to $1400 and up for PSE and others
2) Very solid build coming from an OEM Porsche supplier.
3) One of the lightest exhausts I know of at 13lbs.
4) Sound- I absolutely love it and often get compliments on it.

Just don't want everyone to jump on the PSE bandwagon until they've personally heard this system!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:03 PM
911mz
Advanced

I can host the video for you if you want.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:04 PM
911mz
Advanced

if I order today when can I get it.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:05 PM
911mz
Advanced

what do you think about this versus "FABSPEED"
Old 05-26-2006, 03:12 PM
911mz
Advanced

NICOLASSS i WILL GET YOUR DENSK IF YOU DON'T WANT IT. LET ME KNOW THANKS.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Stuttgarthorse
AutoX

I am going to take it for another spin today and will get back....thanks Dayton for the support....I guess I got to go with the PSE's......I just thought they would be to "quiet"...but I heard them and they sound great.
Nicolaasdb,

I have the same problem. Every exhaust I have heard that comes close to the pitch I want is either too loud or too expensive. The best I have found so far is the Tubi that Champion Motorsports imports. I have a link to a video clip at home that I post later today of it on a 997. It sounds killer and is right on the border of being to loud, but could work.

Norbert
Old 05-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, no time for a full writeup yet, but here is a brief photo of the mod. It sounds just perfect to me ! I was worried I'd spend time and money on this and then NOT like it ... glad it worked for me.

1st shows the modded muffler (orig. from 2004 C4S) on the left and the the stock (from 1999 C2) one on the right.

The 2nd pic shows both the modded mufflers side by side.

The observant ones will notice the mounting brackets are different (screw positions). So I was to swap them and all fitted well.
Attached Images   
Old 05-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stuttgarthorse
Nicolaasdb,

I have the same problem. Every exhaust I have heard that comes close to the pitch I want is either too loud or too expensive. The best I have found so far is the Tubi that Champion Motorsports imports. I have a link to a video clip at home that I post later today of it on a 997. It sounds killer and is right on the border of being to loud, but could work.

Norbert
Wow ! I'm waiting to hear some Tubi's !!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

I just came back from taking a spin...and didn't do the drive by yet....have to get my wife out of the house to do so...and she hates to drive the P....

Holiday did your exhausts have a serial number on them?? Or anything that says what they are?? Mine don't have anything on them.

The Dansks have a little less muscle car sound as the fabspeed...and the fabspeeds are nicer build.

And I am very critical....I guess.....because the sound is pretty damn good.....I think I have tog et used to it. Let's wait a couple of days.....and see how I really feel about them.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It seemed to me my Dansk's true sound didn't come out till after I drove it about 150 miles or so. I can definately tell a difference from when I first picked the car up and from when I came home last night - after putting on about 300 miles. It doesn't sound loud to me in the car at all, but I had people turn their heads probably 2 or 3 times when I was over a block away. All had smiles.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

I was listening to the wrong sounds!! The exhausts sounds great...just had to get used to them...I didn't that many miles on them..and if you are right Troy..they are only going to sound better.
So now the nasty task of putting miles on my P!!! like 10.000 in the last 6 months wasn't enough!!

Quick Reply: Dansk "Super Sound" Exhaust Impressions