996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Dansk "Super Sound" Exhaust Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Right on Nicolaas! Much like when we drive our own cars and don't get to enjoy the beauty of it passing by from a bystanders viewpoint, we don't get the sound of the great exhaust either. I guess we do get the great satisfaction that we are the driver though as opposed to the bystander.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am still wondering if I got the Super Sounds Shipped to me......they sound nice, but not loud at all....and I have a cab.....

there are no numbers or any other outside markings..so how can I be sure I got the Super Sounds?? Anybody any ideas?? Anyobdy living in the Orange County area..with Super sounds or the other sports cans?? So i can compare....anytime!
Old 05-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Troy R
Racer

Mine didn't have any markings either. Just what it said on the invoice. The box had a few stickers, but nothing that differentiated between Super and Sport.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:10 AM
Holiday
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exhaust type is written in black letters on the outside of the box. It's on one of the bottom corners (at least it was on mine). Remember that the terminology Dansk uses on the 3 systems are: "Super Sound", "Sport Exhaust", and "Sport Exhaust OE Style".
They may also be labled by product code:

Super Sound= 96.300S EXP (found out that EXP actually stands for "export" and was designed as a race system- not to be used on the street (legally)... whoops! )
Sport Exhaust= 96.300S
Sport Exhaust OE Style= 96.330S

Hope this helps...glad to hear everyone else is happy with their exhausts! If you like Nicolaas, I'll meet you half way (I'm in SD) to let you hear the Super Sound. Going out of town tommorow morning, but will be back Jun 8th. Just let me know.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:54 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Holiday that would be great....the box mine came in was not an original box....I would love to hear if I got the right ones.....let me know when your back...and if yours are as loud as mine, than I know, otherwise I can always switch them with the deportstop....they are pretty nice guys.

I don't mind driving down the PCH....very nice curvy roads.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:58 PM
911mz
Advanced

okay so I just bought the Dansk sport from Dayton a min ago, since they have not receive any returns from sport version customers, it might be the way to go, super sound might be nicer but since it does not come with the switch this should be the safer way to go for the daily driving, plus most ppl said it sounds just as same as PSE which is good enough for me.

Hopefully I am making the right decision even though it has 30 days money back, i just don't want to go through the hassle. I 'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:31 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

and a hassle it is going to be...the shipping back is the easy part!!!

first you got the remove your bumper (for easy access) and jack your P (for easy access) and than fumble and fumble and fumble and fumble to get the 3 bolts off...why the H...didn't they make them accessable??
Old 05-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Troy R
Racer

I took mine to a local shop. They charged me $150 for two hours labor. Not bad at all.

I just called my wife to find out what numbers were on the label that were on the box and she threw it away. Too late to get back! Dman, that was all I had to go off of. I had the initials "SS" in red ink on my box that were hand written. I don't know if that means Supper or Sport!
Old 05-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

when Holiday comes back I am going to meet him and will hear if the sound of his and mine are the same.....150 bucks is completely worth letting someone else do this MOD...IT IS THE DIRTIEST MOD I HAVE DONE ON MY P SOFAR!!!

But kind of cool when it all works out in the end.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:38 AM
911mz
Advanced

so here is the thing guys, Dayton won't ship my stuff out until tomorrow afternoon, I know I ordered sport exhaust, something tells me sport version doesn't sound loud enough, then as Nicolas mentioned the super sound starting to become a musle car which is something I don't want either, I know some ppl said on this forum that the Dansk sport exhaust sounds the closest to"PSE" sound, is that true?

Also from my understanding all mufflers will settle down after few hundred miles of driving, supposely they will get even deeper than they were initially installed. Is that true also?

The bottom line is if the sport version is the one sounds the closest to PSE, it should be fine. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:35 AM
Troy R
Racer

Originally Posted by 911mz
Also from my understanding all mufflers will settle down after few hundred miles of driving, supposely they will get even deeper than they were initially installed.
I just installed my Dansk's last week and have about 300 miles on them. They have definately changed from when I first picked the car up. They sound louder and deeper.

When I ordered from Dayton, he said he was giving me a modified Sport version, that was between the Super and Sport. My invoice says they are Sport. However, the box has "SS" handwritten on it. I checked everywhere for numbers or other identifying marks, but can not find anything. Even made my wife pull a sticker out of the garbage can that I had peeled off to save - but nothing about which style was on it.

I've got a sound clip that I made tonight that's an AVI file. I need to find a way to upload it here. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Overall, my system sounds great. It's got a throtty raspy sound to it and it purrs deep.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:57 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

it is not really a muscle car sound...it is more troathy..rapsy if you want....not deep and rumbly like a mustang.....but I think you should go with the super sounds.....I don't know if I got them..eventough I definitely ordered them ( I even reminded him-Dayton-several times in several different phone calls over a period of several weeks!! Yes it took a while for me to get them!)

The sound is great, not overwhelming, nothing like the rice burners..it is an expensive sound! But it could be louder (and remember I supposed to have the super sounds!!) so do not get anything less than a Super sound!! If you want loud.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:18 PM
911mz
Advanced

hi guys, I just got the dansk exhaust, I am going to have RUF to put it on for me, have any of you experience with the installation? anything I should know ahead of time, will they fit perfect?
Old 06-07-2006, 02:24 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

they fit fine...have a little trouble aligning my tips..but this may also be because I have a modified turbo bumper (on a narrow body) and modified tips.....the install went without any trouble (BUT be glad you let the shop do it...because it is the dirtiest install ever!!!)
Old 06-07-2006, 03:40 AM
Troy R
Racer

My install went very easily. The mechanic got some different clamps instead of beating the pipes to fit the old clamps, but otherwise was no problem.

Quick Reply: Dansk "Super Sound" Exhaust Impressions