Sponsored by:

Dansk "Super Sound" Exhaust Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Holiday
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jsaindc
Nicolaas, I still have not recieved a call back and it to has been 2 weeks.
Jsaindc- I know it's a matter of principle (Dayton should have returned your call by now- period.), but if you are really interested in the exhaust, why not give him a ring? People make mistakes. He told me when I ordered my exhaust that he was extremely short staffed and apologized. Not making excuses for him, but just help the man out and give him a ring!...

Nicolaas- I'll call Dayton today and see if I can help get your exhaust on its way...
Old 05-12-2006, 02:01 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by nycebo
It's a shame these things don't come from the factory sounding so good.
We were at the dealer yesterday for a test drive. I mentioned the PSE and that I was considering ordering one, so the salesman got the keys and fired up one that had PSE....on the showroom floor! Doors closed, no ventilation, and just lets it rip a couple of times with/without the switch enabled.

I don't think the guy with the desk behind the car was amused.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Holiday...I called him on Monday or Tuesday and he said I would get them Wednesday or Thursday...don't want to keep on calling, like a little kid wanting his candy....but I WANT MY (EAR) CANDY!!!
Hope they get here today...so I have a nice weekend mod....
Old 05-12-2006, 08:26 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Holiday
Jsaindc- I know it's a matter of principle (Dayton should have returned your call by now- period.), but if you are really interested in the exhaust, why not give him a ring? People make mistakes. He told me when I ordered my exhaust that he was extremely short staffed and apologized. Not making excuses for him, but just help the man out and give him a ring!...

Nicolaas- I'll call Dayton today and see if I can help get your exhaust on its way...
Holiday, I will call him back; however, I have called 5 times and left 3 messages. I hope I am not coming off as being a jerk but I don't have the time to keep calling.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:30 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

Holiday, I have another question for you. I signed up for the Super Sound and I think that is what I am getting. My only concern is that it maybe too loud with the cab. Is it really loud or just a nice sound that is a bit louder? Thanks!
Old 05-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't gotten a call back either, but after hearing Holiday's review, I'm ready to place my order!
Old 05-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Holiday
Advanced

Originally Posted by jsaindc
Holiday, I will call him back; however, I have called 5 times and left 3 messages. I hope I am not coming off as being a jerk but I don't have the time to keep calling.
I know what you mean- I left about 3 messages myself and finally caught him in to place my order. Hopefully he'll catch back up with his work soon and take care of everyone else looking to place an order with him.

As for the Super Sound- it's loud- not obnoxious, but loud. I've driven it around for 3 days now, and the tone has mellowed out a bit due to the carbon buildup in the pipes. I don't have any drone in my coupe, but it would be hard to say on a cab. Thinking about how I would present it to you all, I decided this was the best way to guide you:
If you're looking for a sound that is just a little louder than stock (but significant enough to know that it's NOT stock), with a unique Porsche sound, go with the Sport Exhaust.
If you're looking for a more aggressive/Porsche racing sound that makes people turn their heads to see what is coming down the road (without being tiring to the driver or obnoxious to everyone around you) choose the Super Sound.
Neither system has any drone or (audible) resonance in a coupe, and I don't believe that you would have any in a cab either- but I don't know this for sure. The great/unique opportunity you have with buying from Dayton is his satisfaction guarantee. If you are unhappy with the exhaust you choose, just exchange it for the other- win/win.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Holiday
Advanced

By the way- standby for a video on Sunday.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:26 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way- standby for a video on Sunday.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Troy R
Racer

I just placed my order! Called Departstop on off chance they were open and Dayton answered! Expressed my concerns over the Super Sound in my Cab and he said it was boarderline. Said the Coupes have much more insulation and his recommendation, based on prior installs with Cabs, was to go with a modified setup for the Cab. It's between the Sport Sound and Super Sound. The cans have a little packing in them whereas on the Super Sounds there is none. Either way though he said if I don't like them - either too low or too loud, that he would swap them out. Very helpful. I figured since it wasn't Sport or Super he might charge more. Started at $995 and I told him the GB was $850 and he said okay, no problem. Will ship them out at the end of next week!

Holiday - if you don't mind - what installation run you? Just for comparison purposes for where I'm at.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Holiday
Advanced

Originally Posted by Troy R
Started at $995 and I told him the GB was $850 and he said okay, no problem. Will ship them out at the end of next week!

Holiday - if you don't mind - what installation run you? Just for comparison purposes for where I'm at.
Actually Troy, the GB price we were given was $875, so you negotiated yourself an even better deal!

Glad you got in touch with Dayton- So which system did you end up with? It wasn't clear to me.

The local Porsche shop that did the install quoted me $100, but after their head mechanic took over 2 hours doing the install, that $100 turned into $180. I was really disapointed/suprised that it took him that long... Next time I might go to All German Auto here in San Diego. They quoted me $185, but they are also a very high class facility. I'd say anymore than that, and you're probably overpaying.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to call Dayton Monday and make sure he is not charging me 995...because I emailed him tha the can charge me the rennlist groupbuy price!!! But since they are not so organised........Still didn't ge the exhausts...getting really pissed!!
Old 05-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Troy R
Racer

I saved another $25 off the GB! Awesome!

Thanks for the price info Holiday. I'll give some feedback on what I pay here in Portland.

To tell you the truth, when I was talking to Dayton he sounded very unorganized. Knowledgeable, but unorganized. He didn't know if he had any more Super's in stock, once said yes, then no, then said more are coming this week. I asked about the Cab and he gave his recommendation on one in between. At the end of the call I asked him again exactly what I was getting and he said there were actually three variations and that the one I'm getting is in between with some packing in the cans. If I don't like, exchange for Sport or Super's. After that, he was pretty quick to get off the phone. Once I get them I'll take some pics and see if I can find any more info on them.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Holiday
Advanced

Made a quick video Saturday afternoon, but having trouble posting it. It's a .DAT file, and the Rennlist attachment system doesn't allow DAT files to be uploaded. Does anyone know how I might change it to a .WMP or some such file name?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:22 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Made a quick video Saturday afternoon, but having trouble posting it. It's a .DAT file, and the Rennlist attachment system doesn't allow DAT files to be uploaded. Does anyone know how I might change it to a .WMP or some such file name?
I don't know how to convert the file, but I know that Dave (a.k.a. Choochas) on the 997 forum does a lot of this. Maybe you could PM him and ask him for some help.

Quick Reply: Dansk "Super Sound" Exhaust Impressions