phwang20
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:51 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

So Nicholas, did you get the pipes yesterday?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I GOT MY PIPES~~~~~ today is a good day!! Took my first flying lesson (got bored, hardly any mods left on the P!) and when I came home..I got my pipes....now I have one exhaust almost off....but I can't get the long bolt out....so I am going to have to do a little search!!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:44 PM
delirium
Racer

sweet, sound clips! Sound Clips!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

they sound great....not to loud....almost the same as the stock pipes....BUT much much louder, when you step on the gas....you hear the P roar....but when you don't the sound is a little more rumbly, without being muscle car.....I am happy, but deep down inside wished they were a little louder (BUT this is the 18 year old on me talking, the 40 year old says THIS IS THE WAY A PORSCHE SHOULD SOUND!)
Old 05-24-2006, 01:56 AM
Holiday
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
they sound great....not to loud....almost the same as the stock pipes....BUT much much louder, when you step on the gas....you hear the P roar....but when you don't the sound is a little more rumbly, without being muscle car.....I am happy, but deep down inside wished they were a little louder (BUT this is the 18 year old on me talking, the 40 year old says THIS IS THE WAY A PORSCHE SHOULD SOUND!)
Nicolaas- Listen to the exhaust from the outside and you'll change your mind about loudness! There is a minimal resonance level, so it's quiet in the cabin, but outside is a different story- it's loud!

Glad you finally got setup!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:51 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I concur with Holiday. Get out of the car and listen from behind while someone else drives your car (oh, the sacrilege!). Even my Rufs sound very pleasing in the car, but when the valet pulls away at very low RPM, it sounds leaps louder and better than stock.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm suppose to get mine back this afternoon. Can't wait to hear it!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

they are loud enough to get pulled over and written a speeding ticket like just happend to me!!! 74 in a 50ml zone....going to be expensive...there goes the discount groupbuy moneysaver!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow ... sorry to hear that nicolaas.

Anyway, you guys might remember that I was in the groupbuy for the dansk and then had a brainwave of modding stock mufflers ? Anyway, project done and it sounds GREAT !!!! Its got that grrrrrrrr at low RPMs and goes to a nice loud raspy bark when accelerating. I'm really happy the way the mod turned out - very satisfying !!

Love driving next to walls and in tunnels !! Fantastic sound ! I'll do a comprehensive writeup (took snaps etc) next week after a long weekend camp trip.

Sid

PS: You guys might also know I recently redid the car front ($5k, new clear headlights, new bumper, redid the pain chips, redid the hood and fenders). Guess what ? Some $#$# backed into my new front bumper the other night when I was having dinner in a restaurant !! Left a small 1" crack (thankfully not very noticeble on the lower edge). BUT the @$$h*** didn't even have the courtesy to leave a note with insurance info !! WTF !! Now I've to foot the bill myself @ $500 insurance deductible. Having some idiot break stuff you so carefully planned and executed ... its so annoying !

Girlfriend is telling me its just a car ... so that's my mantra .... "its just a car" ... "its just a car" ...
Old 05-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Nicolaas: Sorry to hear that...sucks! So was it: (a) the lack of a front license plate, (b) obvious speeding, (c) awesome sound from the new pipes or (d) a combo of these, that got you the ticket?

Sids911: Sorry to hear about the idiot smashing your bumper... Blows!. BTW: what sort of mod did you do on the pipes?

PS. And as mentioned before this thread is useless without sound/noise evidence!

Cheers.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:54 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

It was (b) obvious speeding...BUT the A..hol cop..clocked me when I sped-up a little while overtaking another car...I already took my foot of the gas and slowed down to about 57mph...he clocked me however at 74mph....I will take this one to court....speeding in my eyes is driving a constant speed for at least a mile or so...not for a couple of hundred feet....we will see.

I don't know about the exhaust, don't know if I really like them...I also don't know if departstop gave me the Super sonics or the other shiny ones.....no indication on the exhausts whatsoever!!!
The rumble (like a muscle car....this is not of my liking at all) and they make a muffled sound when going thru the gears...while the soundclip on the dansk site..has a higher less muffled sound...
Old 05-26-2006, 04:01 AM
delirium
Racer

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
It was (b) obvious speeding...BUT the A..hol cop..clocked me when I sped-up a little while overtaking another car...I already took my foot of the gas and slowed down to about 57mph...he clocked me however at 74mph....I will take this one to court....speeding in my eyes is driving a constant speed for at least a mile or so...not for a couple of hundred feet....we will see.

I don't know about the exhaust, don't know if I really like them...I also don't know if departstop gave me the Super sonics or the other shiny ones.....no indication on the exhausts whatsoever!!!
The rumble (like a muscle car....this is not of my liking at all) and they make a muffled sound when going thru the gears...while the soundclip on th
e dansk site..has a higher less muffled sound...
well remember the 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:14 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

I know, but maybe I am just to critical...the sound isn't bad.....it is kind off exciting....I just thought it would have been a little less muffled (maybe a little higher pitch) don't know how to explain it.....it is fine I guess....my next P is going to be a Turbo or if enough money a Ferrari and then I will have the exact sound I love and want.....this is fine for now.

Quick Reply: Dansk "Super Sound" Exhaust Impressions