996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Annoying seat belt "PING" - help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying seat belt "PING" - help!!!

I have an '04 carrera and I do not like using my seatbelt - but the problem with that is that he seat belt alarm will not stop the annoying "PING ... PING ... PING" Is there anyone who has figured out how to stop this from happening???

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:22 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Sure, put the damn thing on! That is about the stupidest thing you could do is not wear your seat belt.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:33 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

If you have ever been in an accident you know why they should be worn. Dell is right...wear the damn thing!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:40 PM
P-Car fanatic
Pro

Originally Posted by wross996tt
If you have ever been in an accident you know why they should be worn. Dell is right...wear the damn thing!

yeah, its not like in golfs where you put you takeaway on the passenger seat only for the car to tell you your food needs a seatbelt too!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

I guess I deserve that.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

Dell,

FYI - I have paid my membership just as you have - I paid 2 days ago and I guess there is some delay in updating my status. You may not, but I have better things to do with my time than post just to post. I am asking legitimate question - ones I do not know the answer to - the reason I joined. The JACKASS comment is out of line and I guess with 2000+posts we can all assume your unemployed, wife carries your *** or just so damn boring that all you have to to all day is sit on this board. Which one is it???
Old 08-10-2005, 02:48 PM
peachboy
Racer

I must admitt that I'd like to get that disconnected despite the fact that I ALWAYS wear seatbelt while driving over 5Km/H...but when I have to get money out of my pants (coffee drive-tru in the AM + fetching cash for a parking) the darn bell rings forever until I park the car. Anyway to kill that ?
....amd yes Scholz...you do deserve that.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

I should clarify - I do wear my seatbelt 95+ % of the time - its just that in instances of short trips arounfd the corner or in situations just as mbergeron describes - it gets a tad annoying - i had an '02 and did not have this "Pinging" problem.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:58 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Scholz996
Dell,

FYI - I have paid my membership just as you have - I paid 2 days ago and I guess there is some delay in updating my status. You may not, but I have better things to do with my time than post just to post. I am asking legitimate question - ones I do not know the answer to - the reason I joined. The JACKASS comment is out of line and I guess with 2000+posts we can all assume your unemployed, wife carries your *** or just so damn boring that all you have to to all day is sit on this board. Which one is it???
Please go crawl back under the rock from which you came. No your question was not legitimate. By the way, you know nothing about me and your comment about my wife is out of line. So yes, you are a jackass and I don't have time for your type. Earn some respect around here, contribute something of worth and don't feel offended when you get the responses you get like this when you ask a question like that.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

I am sure that if there is a quick fix for this - most people, although you wear your seatbelt at all times, would like it disconnected. I don't think its necessary to have this annoying reminder.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:59 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Scholz996
I should clarify - I do wear my seatbelt 95+ % of the time - its just that in instances of short trips arounfd the corner or in situations just as mbergeron describes - it gets a tad annoying - i had an '02 and did not have this "Pinging" problem.
2 additional things:

1. You should have clrified that up front
2. Those quick trips down the street are the WORST times to NOT be wearing a safety belt.

THE PING IS ANNOYING BECASUE IT SAVES LIVES!
Old 08-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

Didn't like a taste of your own did you - you made an assumption about me and couldn't handle when I made about you over your number of posts - I think we can be gentlemen here and call it even. No offence meant - just needed to make my point.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

Your additional "things" are very valid comments - can't dispute that.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:03 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Trust me I don't worry about stupid comments like that and there is no need to "call it even". I just brush it off and move on. But, if you like to flame others or make personal attacks, then confine them to the member, not people that are not a part of this community nor have the ability to defend theirself.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Scholz996
Advanced

Dell,

My take on your comment was that you dismissed me as a newcomer not worthy of partaking on this board - in addition you went further than that by calling me a name - why? I don't know. But I assure you I can also have a great deal of helpful input on this borad and not just questions. How do you expect this community to grow with attitudes like the one you displayed. I agree that there might be people posting on this board who most likely have no business here - but I stand behind my original question - there is no one who has this ping who has not though of disconnecting it for whatever reason.

Quick Reply: Annoying seat belt "PING" - help!!!