Sponsored by:

Annoying seat belt "PING" - help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:39 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
I always thought that "manbag" was another term for *******!
Old 08-11-2005, 10:09 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, back to the point. Does anyone know where this "speaker" is that makes the noise? Can you post a pic and point out where it is?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Big6Dad
Burning Brakes

Well I'm glad the issues are all resolved except the original question. I had not thought about the use of harnesses at DE events. Good point. Now since I am getting harnesses I would like to know how to turn off the annoying "Gong"
Old 08-12-2005, 08:10 PM
c4consult
Racer

enough with the ping. move on!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:40 PM
PorschePRH
Instructor

On my 03 the seat belt chimes for about 10 seconds and then stops. That's not the way it is on your 04?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Big6Dad
Well I'm glad the issues are all resolved except the original question. I had not thought about the use of harnesses at DE events. Good point. Now since I am getting harnesses I would like to know how to turn off the annoying "Gong"
I bought an extra seat belt buckle to plug into the receiver when I am using my harnesses.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:26 AM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick
Oh, I read the entire thread alright. I still think you were out of line.
Well Patrick...I agree. I think Bush is a moron as well.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Big6Dad
Burning Brakes

Can you get just the buckle?
Old 08-14-2005, 10:06 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My '01 pings 6 times and stops. It's the light on the dash I hate. Just wear the belt!
Old 08-14-2005, 11:11 PM
RLandis
Racer

Gentlemen,
I've read this thread twice, and I have a comment.....that whole routine about being grown men, and having freedom of choice is for the birds....I've had 2 friends who didn't wear seatbelts, and one is crippled for life, and the other one is dead.....both accidents happened within 10 miles of their respective residences.....ever since then, if I leave my driveway, I wear a seatbelt....I owe that to my family......

And further to the comment of freedom of choice, I'd like to be the judge & jury when I see some moron swerving between lanes, and when I go to pass them, they're engaged in a cellphone conversation.....I'd like that law to change!!

....and when I overtakes someone bridging 2 lanes, and see them inputting data to a navigation system, that law needs to change....

I can go on further, but I think you all get my point.....no, I don't NEED to wait for the law to change to know that this kind of behavior while driving is unacceptable.......

What do you think those click it or ticket signs are for all over the country. They're not only for your good, it's also for the other guy. And why do you think no fault insurance is so high?

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT.....ALWAYS......PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Originally Posted by Big6Dad
Can you get just the buckle?
from a junkyard
Old 08-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Originally Posted by JimPDX
Well Patrick...I agree. I think Bush is a moron as well.
.l..
Old 08-15-2005, 01:25 AM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am a grown man, I don't need anyone telling me or suggesting for me what to do. With all do respect we have all had friends die in car accidents, and I am sure many were wearing seatbelts. I guess it's shouldn't be my choice to smoke, or do 300 KMH on my bike, because I could get hurt,and the argument about it being the law, come on please we ALL break the law in our cars..so i understand what your saying , but If i don't want to wear my seatbelt I will not, and if i am killed because of the fact, it's my problem.I think the morons swerving from lane to lane while talking on the phone shouldn't wear theirs , this way once they are killed it's one less ******* on the road I don't have to deal with.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:13 AM
RLandis
Racer

Originally Posted by kilrgt
I am a grown man, I don't need anyone telling me or suggesting for me what to do.
I can't speak for Canada, but I can tell you that in the USA, we do have someone telling us, or suggesting what to do....it's called THE LAW!!!! Driving without a seatbelt on is a punishable infraction.

We don't need to debate this issue.....it's black & white in this country.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Scholz996
Advanced

How such a simple question can get blown out of proportion is beyond me - we are talking about that damn "PING....PING....PING" no whether or not we should wear our seatbelts. If you wear your seatbelt 100% of the time - good - great for you - we will all get together, pool some cash and buy a trophy for you that says - "RLandis - person voted as most unlikely to never break a rule" then you can put that trophy on your bookshelf and tell the story of how you became the recipient of such an honor.

Now.....my '04 does not stop PINGING even after 4 or 6 or 8 seconds - I was fumbling around at the bank drive-thru yesterday and almost went mental. I guess if this is my biggest problem in life then I'm not doing too badly, but .... I am very particular about certain things and this really annoys me. None of my other cars do this - and yes I know "just put on the seatbelt" bla bla bla - but there are circumstances where for brief moments you might not have it on for what ever reason. AND.... yes I am starting a sentence with AND, in case someone wanted to point out that I am breaking the first rule of good grammar, I am not the only one who has thought of ripping out every audio speaker in their car just to find out which one is contributing to that PING...PING...PING.

I think i might need professional help.

Quick Reply: Annoying seat belt "PING" - help!!!