996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Wax on wax off

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:00 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zaino also has local distributors. Putting it on is easy and quick for each coat, most of the time is drying time since you want to put multiple coats the first time. You don't need to clay it the first time if your paint is smooth. The pre-cleaner (Z1 I think) will remove minor bumps(dirt) embedded in paint. The website has all the instructions. What they don't mention is that after all the zaino is put on, the car will shine more if you apply some wax on top of polish.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:24 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RUSSCPA

my business sells RejeX and is a Rennlist sponsoring vendor. plus, we offer a discount to Rennlist members which pays for your shipping. it's only $17.95 delivered to your door.

you can place an online order here....

http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/forumpurchase.htm

please feel free to call if you have any questions.

thanks,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Old 05-15-2005, 01:52 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If anyone is considering Zaino they may want to wait a couple of weeks because the chat on the detailing forums is a new product is to be released at the end of the month. It is a polish with dimishing abrasives that contains no fillers and is completely compatible with the Zaino system.

Also if you get any Zaino products you have to get the new Z-8. An absolutely incredible product. The slickness and gloss that it adds is unbelievable. For you Zaino users, if you like Z-6 (gloss enhancer), the Z-8 is Z-6 on steroids.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:48 AM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Zanio.... I tried Rejex and it's OK but I like Zanio better just as easy to put on lasts longer.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:32 PM
snaproll
Instructor

Go with Zaino.

I've used Zymol, Rejex, Meguiar's, Griot's, Porsche hardwax and Klasse - Zaino holds up as well or better than any of them and after the initial application (where you have to strip off the old wax by washing the car with Dawn dish soap) goes on/off as easy as any with the possible exception of the Porsche wax. I found the Zaino much more durable than the Porsche wax.

I haven't used Meguiar's new stuff because I concluded way back that Meguiar's wasn't as good as Zaino, Zymol, Klasse or Rejex. Rejex's 12 hour cure period is a negative since I almost always drive
the car after a wash/wax.

For leather seats try Effax leather balsam. You get it at tack (saddlery) stores. If you've got a leather dash be careful around the windshield - it takes a couple of wipes to get it off glass. Lexol is a good leather product also..............
Old 05-16-2005, 01:16 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about Zaino leather prods.?
Old 05-16-2005, 03:01 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Gary I'm also in Central Jersey,
in general when it comes to detailing products I try to stick with German products for this German car.
This weekend I got out the porter cable orbital polisher for my three times a year thorough polishing/waxing.
Spent about 6 hours washing, claying, swirl removing, cleaning, sealing and glazing. Also did the wheels top and interior. I do this in May, October and in an underground parking garage in the middle of winter.

THis was the first time I used the new Meguiars versa angle brushes. One brush each for the wheels,tires and lower body work. The price is low for these well made product so I recommend them. Saw them at Pepboys.

I'll be trying Zaino as some point but other than Zaino I have tried EVERYTHING at least once. For me this car is a daily driver so I'm looking for quick detailing and ease of use. WIth that in mind here are my habits/addiction.

Soft Top:
No soap on the convertible top ever. Raggtopp cleanser with an OXO feather tip brush. A coating of Raggtopp protectant every few months. I spray it down once a week. These are the only products recomended by the maker of the Porsche tops.

Paint
Cleaning:
Klasse All In One every four months.
Sealing:
Klasse Sealant Glaze layered during a two week period, one coat per 24 hours.
Waxing:
Once the layering is done I use S100 monthly. Sonus Carnauba Spritz weekly.

Interior:
Cleaning:
1Z Einzett Cockpit Premium on dash weekly
Protecting
1Z Rubber/vinly Care on dash and Tires (UV protection) bi-weekly
carpets:
Einman Fabrik (amazing results this weekend on my red mats)

Leather
Cleaning:
1Z Leather Care, AMAZING product. monthly during summer, bi-monthly during top up months.
Conditioning:
Lexol, every two months.

Wheels: Weely cleaning and waxing with Klasse All in One. Pep Boys has a Black Magic Spoke brush that get the insde of the wheel that most people never clean.

Tip:
Don't use auto store microfiber towels on the paint, use those Chinese made towel for the interior. I higly recommend against using split fibers on your paint it will cause swirling. Stick with a tufted loop end like on waffle weave.
I use the waffle weave Sonus towels for removing Wax and cleaning. For final buffing I use a Concourse buffing towel from Autotopia Car Care. I wash both with Sonus Wunderwash since I wash them often. Regular detergents will be too harsh.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:57 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectlap
Hey Gary I'm also in Central Jersey,
in general when it comes to detailing products I try to stick with German products for this German car.
... I do this in May, October and in an underground parking garage in the middle of winter...
Let's see, then you must sleep in June, November, and early Spring??? When do you eat?
Old 05-17-2005, 03:05 AM
c4bliss
Racer

Originally Posted by perfectlap
WIth that in mind here are my habits/addiction.

Soft Top:
No soap on the convertible top ever. Raggtopp cleanser with an OXO feather tip brush. A coating of Raggtopp protectant every few months. I spray it down once a week. These are the only products recomended by the maker of the Porsche tops.

Paint
Cleaning:
Klasse All In One every four months.
Sealing:
Klasse Sealant Glaze layered during a two week period, one coat per 24 hours.
Waxing:
Once the layering is done I use S100 monthly. Sonus Carnauba Spritz weekly.

Interior:
Cleaning:
1Z Einzett Cockpit Premium on dash weekly
Protecting
1Z Rubber/vinly Care on dash and Tires (UV protection) bi-weekly
carpets:
Einman Fabrik (amazing results this weekend on my red mats)

Leather
Cleaning:
1Z Leather Care, AMAZING product. monthly during summer, bi-monthly during top up months.
Conditioning:
Lexol, every two months.

Wheels: Weely cleaning and waxing with Klasse All in One. Pep Boys has a Black Magic Spoke brush that get the insde of the wheel that most people never clean.

Tip:
Don't use auto store microfiber towels on the paint, use those Chinese made towel for the interior. I higly recommend against using split fibers on your paint it will cause swirling. Stick with a tufted loop end like on waffle weave.
I use the waffle weave Sonus towels for removing Wax and cleaning. For final buffing I use a Concourse buffing towel from Autotopia Car Care. I wash both with Sonus Wunderwash since I wash them often. Regular detergents will be too harsh.

My God man! I got tired just reading this! Now i feel guilty as hell there are bugs on the front from Sunday!
Old 05-17-2005, 05:05 PM
jb26jb
Racer

Thank you perfectlap for making me feel that there is someone more obsessed then me in detailing my car.
For what it is worth I do the following 2x a year on top of weekly washing and vacuuming.
wash, clay, spot compound with 3m fine cut, polish with P21S paint cleaner, seal with two coats of blackfire similar to Klasse. If doing a concours might top it with some p21s wax also wheels are removed cleaned back and front and blackfire applied, wheel wells cleaned and treated with 303 aerospace and exhaust tips polished.
303 Aerospace on all plastic, rubber, and window moldings weekly. Leather 2x a year lexol leather cleaner with a brush designed for use on leather followed with 1z leather care, for a nice factory matte look.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:16 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

you want to hear the crazy part?
The next day after spending 3 hours of cleaning I'll go to an autocross and dirty her up but good. I find if i do allot frequent quick detailing the car stays cleaner longer and always looks good.

Eventually someone will want to buy this car and detailing is protecting the investment. I sold my last car for very nearly what I bought it for after five years of ownership. The photos were enough to convince a guy to fly up from Florida to NJ and give me cash on the spot.

the old car

Old 05-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

This is a very interesting interior. Is the red Boxster red?

do you have other photos?
Old 05-17-2005, 05:34 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

yep. and I hope there is a well detailed Black and Boxster Red 996/GT2/GT3 out there in Porsche world because I have no interest in the Cayenne or 997/987. As long as I owns Sportcars this will be the color of my interior.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:32 PM
c4bliss
Racer

Where do you get your cleaning supplies at? I dont recognize some of those?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:41 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

This site carries the 1Z Einzett line.
http://www.pakshak.com/1z-vinyl-rubber-care-500ml.html

Their Cockpit premium, Vinly and Rubber care, leather care(cleaner) are must haves for me.
Klasse and S100 you can get at all the big pro detail site like autogeek.net and
these are the towels I swear by. I never use split threading on paint.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/mf-201.html

Quick Reply: Wax on wax off