Sponsored by:

Wax on wax off

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:06 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redduck996
Silly question but should I use the z2 or z5? I realize the z5 is for swirls and fine scratches but what if my car does not have very little swirls? Would it be ok to use on non swirl areas?
Hey Red,

I usually start with a coat or two of Z5 to fill in minor swirl marks and then move on to Z2. You can put a coat of Z5 on the entire car without any worries. They just recommend to make the final coat Z2 since Z2 gives you a better shine and depth.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:14 AM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re

Thanks you got any big plans for the long weekend? I'm staying local.. maybe head to dc on monday

Just ordered the zkit2
Old 07-01-2005, 12:06 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Originally Posted by redduck996
Thanks you got any big plans for the long weekend? I'm staying local.. maybe head to dc on monday

Just ordered the zkit2
No plans for the 4th yet. Thinking of just having a barbecue with friends. Low key.

There is a fun drive on July 24th. Ferrari of Washington has invited the Porsche Driving Club (new NoVA/DC/MD club) to their track day at Summit Point. The plan is to meet at Intersport in the morning then take the backroads of VA and WV to the track. There is a catered BBQ lunch and you get to drive in the track (novice run, no passing, etc.). For $35 per person (you must drive your Porsche -- requirement set by Ferrari of Washington) it is a good deal. PM or email me for more info. I think I am going -- it should be a fund drive and a good opportunity to meet other Porsche enthusiasts as well as the highrolling Ferrari folks.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:16 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

Awesome.. We get to rub shoulders with the rich folks. I'm in!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 04:03 AM
clundin
Intermediate

Q: I'm using Zaino for the first time. I was thinking of 1 layer z5 and two layers of z2. Should I put on a coat of wax as well? Or is it not needed. I'm a daily driver...
Old 07-03-2005, 04:19 AM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JimPDX
McGuire's NXT Comes in wax, liquid and detail spray. Hands down better than Zaino, P21S, and Rejex, IMHO.
Just used that today for the first time...WOW! Great Stuff!
Old 07-03-2005, 09:16 AM
RayGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best results are obtained by following the directions on the container and tips given on their web site.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:46 PM
c4bliss
Racer

Originally Posted by clundin
Q: I'm using Zaino for the first time. I was thinking of 1 layer z5 and two layers of z2. Should I put on a coat of wax as well? Or is it not needed. I'm a daily driver...

The website has a ton of tips but what i did and i LOVE THE RESULTS is dawn wash, there coats Z5, three coats of Z2 with the Z6 spray inbetween each coat. The car is so brillant it looks wet in the sun, bugs dont stick as bad as with rejex and with almost 300 miles on it since wax/wash, it still looks clean and shiny. Actually quite amazed.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:52 PM
rxinc
Track Day

I was using Meguire's NXT b/c ease of use, but today tried 1/2 the hood with NXT and 1/2 with rejex and found a definite deeper shine with the rejex.
Has anyone done a similar test with rejex and zaino?
and how long does it take to put so many zaino coats on?
Old 07-04-2005, 12:17 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Originally Posted by rxinc
...and how long does it take to put so many zaino coats on?
The first coat of Zaino is the hardest to apply -- that is because they recommend that you wash the car with Liquid Dawn (to strip off other waxes) and then use a claybar to get the surface really clean before applying the Z2 (or Z5 if you have paint swirls). The first coat of Z2 or Z5 is also a little harder to buff off.

Subsequent coats are much easier to take off. Plus with their new "accelerator" the cure time is reduced too. Now I just apply Z2 (after I wash and dry the car first of course), wait about an hour to cure, then buff off. The whole process takes about an hour and a half. I use 100% cotton big bath towels which helps. (Note: Rejex needs 12 hours or so to cure? Sorry, but that's a lot of down time.)
Old 07-04-2005, 02:49 AM
c4bliss
Racer

Originally Posted by rxinc
Has anyone done a similar test with rejex and zaino?
and how long does it take to put so many zaino coats on?
Two things, i had 4 coats of rejex on, and they wore off real quick. One wash and the slick sensation on the paint was almost gone. Also had no sucess with the bugs washing off. They took just as much work to remove as before, i wont use it agian.

Second, the Zaino was a breeze to put on. Lke said before this post, the first coat of z5 is the toughest (which isnt). By the time you hit three coats, it goes on in 10-20 minutes at most. Comes right off with the towels. Easy is an understatement.

I did my coats over a couple of nights, using the flash accelerator.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:30 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

uh oh.. I made a boo boo..

Just got the zaino in.. Mixed the zfx accelerator with the z2 and started to wax in a back and forth motion.. I waited 30 - 45mins to dry (which I thought it did) and began to wax off.. After that I sprayed on the z6 polish and wiped off..
Question is, what happens if the z2 hadn't fully dried yet before spraying on the z6? SHould I do as the instruction states and re-wash the car (PITA) or just reapply another coat of z2 and let it sit for 2 hours?

C4bliss, you are absolutely right, the zaino is a breeze to put on and take off. Unless i'm doing it wrong.. Would it be ok if I waxed on and off in a circular motion? It applies so easily, not sure if it's really doing anything.. guess i'll just have to wait and see..
Old 07-12-2005, 07:35 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The application of Z6 will not effect the ability to reapply the Z2 again. The products are completely compatible, there is no reason to wash again.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:42 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

great thanks!! just out of curiosity, what would happen if you dont thoroughly remove the first coat of z2 prior to applying the second coat and or, what if you applied the first coat, let it dry for an hour then applied another coat without waxing off? Would that do anything?
Old 01-24-2006, 02:02 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Hello,

I was just roaming the board and noticed this thread. I figured I would slip in a few pictures of some P-cars I have recently detailed.

This C4S is a hurricane Katirna victim...it was vandalized from what I was told, rear window broken and then milk thrown in it. It had a real rancid sour milk smell to the carpets as I steamed them This Porsche has alot fo miles on it and is driven hard. Interior is banged up, with lots of abrasions and scuff marks on the seats and panels. Milk was also inside the vents.

Exterior paint needed to be clayed, 2 step polishing process and then sealed. Wheels were really nasty, had to clean them twice and they still didn't look the way I wanted them to. Conv. top had lost its water repellency so I cleaned and re-treated that and the detailed the engine area. Lots of wax imbedded in the nooks and crannies also.

Here are a few BEFORE and AFTER pics.

This is how the whole car looked.

A few AFTERs.

A GT3.

This is a badly swirled hood from a Black Olive Cayenne.

Same hood after some polishing. This color is simple beautiful but a pain to keep that way!

Thanks for allowing me to share
Anthony

Quick Reply: Wax on wax off