Sponsored by:

*** The Official 996 Forum Off Topic Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 04:08 PM
pulpo
Pro

Received 369 Likes on 211 Posts

https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...el-2022-09-15/

lets hear some opinions on the porsche IPO. I know we got some gordon geckos in the thread.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:23 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,092 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by pulpo
https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...el-2022-09-15/

lets hear some opinions on the porsche IPO. I know we got some gordon geckos in the thread.
I bought some just to have.
The following users liked this post:
pulpo (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 04:51 PM
Mike Mullins
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Let's hope if does something

Have 150 shares of POAHY
PORSCHE AUTOMOBIL HLDG SE UNSPONSORD ADR PFD

after 14 months, like Adobe, NVDA, etc. down over 35% YTD.

Thanks, Brandon, It's all you and your leadership.

My hope is people wake up and see what the liberal side has done, I can't wait for the winter heating bills to come in with the new taxes on board.

Orange man was tolerable but his policies worked for the economy. Strangling the oil industry worst decision in history of mankind.

Wait til the trains stop running and we have no chlorine delivered for our drinking water plants. Flint and Jackson are telltale signs of impact.

But hey, EV's are topic of choice this year.

The following 3 users liked this post by Mike Mullins:
philbert996 (09-19-2022), Porschetech3 (09-18-2022), TheChunkNorris (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 06:51 PM
pulpo
Pro

To be clear, POAHY is Porsche SE (holding company), VWAPY is Volkswagen stock.

Volkswagen is taking Porsche AG (the car manufacturer) public in the coming weeks, and it will trade separately from POAHY and VWAPY under a yet unknown stock ticker.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90786312...r-brand-public
TheChunkNorris (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 07:19 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

To be clear, POAHY is Porsche SE (holding company), VWAPY is Volkswagen stock.

Volkswagen is taking Porsche AG (the car manufacturer) public in the coming weeks, and it will trade separately from POAHY and VWAPY under a yet unknown stock ticker.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90786312...r-brand-public
Thanks for explaining that.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:27 PM
pulpo
Pro

NP. I own some POAHY and VWAPY just to have, as well. And I'll probably pick up some Porsche stock too. I'm not a stock trader though I Just buy and hold companies I personally use/like.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:47 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default Don’t buy Ipos at first.

NP. I own some POAHY and VWAPY just to have, as well. And I'll probably pick up some Porsche stock too. I'm not a stock trader though I Just buy and hold companies I personally use/like.
iPos have a tendency of being overpriced at the beginning. What needs to be understood is the shares that have a dark period, bunch of times employees early investors have to wait till a certain time to sell. Examples of initial behaviors of IPOs, Facebook, lift, Uber, Rivian, traeger, yeti. As you im not a trader, I’m a long term investor. I also buy companies I know well, support and use their products. But like anything I’m buying at my price when they go on sale. I own POAHY and i
bought in different batches $7-8, I have had it for a more than 1.5 years. Pays good dividends but you pay foreign taxes. On September 21 everyone is expecting the fed to go another .75 raise in interest rates, Powells speech after is what Is going to move the market.
pulpo (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 08:06 PM
pulpo
Pro

I agree with you. I've seen may too many IPOs crash and burn to buy on the first day. But I might get in after the initial drop (if there is one).

The most recent comparable IPO RACE (Ferrari) has a real nice graph. Started at $56, dropped to $35. Then to $100+ and never looked back. But that is on the NYSE. Porsche will be on a foreign exchange. Adds an element of risk for me.
TheChunkNorris (09-15-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 03:54 AM
pulpo
Pro

Did some serious thinking this week and realized I'm not selling this car.. At least for a few years. And so I decided it was time to sink some money in it.

Ordered the control arm kits for front and fear, new slotted brake discs and pads, plugs, coils, and injectors. Doing a transmission and front differential oil change with Porsche Gear oil 75w90. I also ordered replacements for some of the interior pieces that are all scratched up.

Gonna be a fun and busy weekend!

Going to stick with the stock struts/springs for now. But I'm upon to suggestions. My goal is to keep the entire suspension stock, but just refresh the ride. I did order new shock bump stops as mine are kind of ratty. Do I have to completely disassemble the struts to get those in?
Porschetech3 (09-18-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 10:01 PM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,217 Likes on 663 Posts

Did some serious thinking this week and realized I'm not selling this car.. At least for a few years. And so I decided it was time to sink some money in it.

Ordered the control arm kits for front and fear, new slotted brake discs and pads, plugs, coils, and injectors. Doing a transmission and front differential oil change with Porsche Gear oil 75w90. I also ordered replacements for some of the interior pieces that are all scratched up.

Gonna be a fun and busy weekend!

Going to stick with the stock struts/springs for now. But I'm upon to suggestions. My goal is to keep the entire suspension stock, but just refresh the ride. I did order new shock bump stops as mine are kind of ratty. Do I have to completely disassemble the struts to get those in?
I really like my RoW M030 springs. Yes you have to pull the whole thing apart to get at the bump stops.

I like the Porsche gear oil too but I don’t have much basis for comparison. It’s better than the stuff that was in there before, that is certain.
The following 2 users liked this post by wdb:
pulpo (09-18-2022), TheChunkNorris (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 11:02 PM
Type65
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by wdb
I really like my RoW M030 springs. Yes you have to pull the whole thing apart to get at the bump stops.

I like the Porsche gear oil too but I don’t have much basis for comparison. It’s better than the stuff that was in there before, that is certain.
I can attest that RoW M030 is a solid suspension if you don't want coilovers.

But this is the off-topic thread, so @wdb how is the latest acquisition?
The following 2 users liked this post by Type65:
pulpo (09-18-2022), wdb (09-19-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 11:29 PM
Type65
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 165 Posts

@TheChunkNorris the red Cobra is a Factory Five and actually belongs to my new neighbor. He built it himself and put a SBC 383 stroker in it. The thing is a real screamer. It was my first time seeing one in person in at least a decade. It would definitely make a fun project.

My dirty azz car made an appearance in that pic too. Not only was I the only 996 at the PCA event I was the oldest Porsche. Next oldest was the 997 next to me. It was like a 991 turbo S convention.

pulpo (09-18-2022)
Old 09-18-2022, 07:41 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default Driving the Austin Texas “Tail of the dragon “

I drove my turbo a total of 351 miles yesterday. I went to Austin Texas to see 1 of 2 ruf gt2 conversions. If you have never been, once you get into the hill country (velande) you have smaller roads, climbs, drops, many blind climbs, curves, etc. Anyway it was fun because I was able to push my car to70-75 mph in 35-40 mph zones. Anyway on the same road, all kinds of cool cars (Evos, Supra’s, stis, m3s, all of them seem modified doing what I was doing). Apparently that’s the way it is on the weekends. So anyway I get to the guys house , he shows me the garage and here we go. The seller is a race car driver, he’s also a PCA instructor. The corvette is his race car. One of his daily in addition to the F250 is a 07 c4s White Alcántara black interior. All his cars are manual and he is also a car dealer. So he started the gt2, sounds good but my exhaust is actually louder and better flowing than the $10k ruff piece. We wait while the car warms up. The suspension on this car is amazing, the rear tires are 315, compared to the 295 on mine. We take off driving and he shifts below 4K rpm while the brakes carbon ceramic and the tranny fluid warms up. The tranny has been rebuilt different more durable gears and synchros another $10k job. The car has also a custom differential another upgrade can’t remember what he said this thing costed. By that time the fun begins and it’s hard on the brakes upshifts downshifts, he’s up shifting at 6k rpms the way the ruff ecu is the rev limiter is at 7150 but he says there’s really no more pass 6000 rpms. He lives there so he knows the roads extremely well, that was a hell of a ride, test drive. This guy can actually charge people for rides like that. Amazing, more fun that the hulk at universal island of adventures and mission to Mars in Disney. Super cool car, rare. Now the negatives for me. I want to go fast as economical as possible. Because the ruff ecu is write protected cannot get a newer tune unless you get a new ecu. Case in point, he got his brother in law an X50 turbo that was tuned by Sam at auto by design and that car is faster than the Gt2 at a fraction of the cost. I also have hybrid K24s on my car and with a right tune my car will be faster than the gt2’also. The euro porsche gt3 seats are two narrow for my fat as???. Because the porsche roll cage in my opinion the leg room in the front is reduced. There are only two of these ruff gt2 conversions in the US and i had this wonderful experience. The previous owner that converted the car paid $65k for the conversion, this guy has spent between another $50-60k in this car to make it what it is today. I’m still interested but at my price. Anyway, the seller is a super nice cool all around car
guy, he showed me
everything with the car. The car is wrapped in 10 mil thick xpel film another $8.5k. Anyway I had to drive my car out to the main roads and I had a lot of fun but took it easy more traffic latter in the day. Finished stopping by Pinthouse brewing to drink a few IPAs and take Home one of my favorites “Electric Jellyfish “. Awesome porsche Saturday. Now football Sunday. Smoking baby backs, doing some wings, sausage etc. That gt2 experience was awesome, now it makes me think about other items in my bucket list, ride test drive a Carrera GT, ride test drive a 911R (at least I know a guy here than owns those car), the own thing that I have no idea how I going to make it happen get a BJ in the White House.

Got to love that license plate.

Race car.

He will be selling some of these cars. There is a Ferrari there.

Both cars in his driveway.

Pinthouse never disappoints.

I tested a few IPAs, not that good as electric Jellyfish. Cosmic nectar another one of my favorites wasn’t available.

Baby backs ready.
Old 09-18-2022, 10:48 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Type65
@TheChunkNorris the red Cobra is a Factory Five and actually belongs to my new neighbor. He built it himself and put a SBC 383 stroker in it. The thing is a real screamer. It was my first time seeing one in person in at least a decade. It would definitely make a fun project.

My dirty azz car made an appearance in that pic too. Not only was I the only 996 at the PCA event I was the oldest Porsche. Next oldest was the 997 next to me. It was like a 991 turbo S convention.

It looks pretty dope in red and those wheels.
Type65 (09-18-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 02:16 PM
Formerly996fried
Rennlist Member

Location: Deep in the woods near PA border in People's Dystopia Republic of New Jersey
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Yes, at this point, I will not be selling my car. Look, are we not witnessing Volkswagen putting up an offering to raise $9.4 billion from the forthcoming IPO of Porsche, with the valuation that puts Porsche at 10.2x EBITDA, well below Ferrari's valuation of 23.1x EBITDA......but then add this toxic mix..... Germany declares gas crisis as Russia cuts supplies to Europe, ArcelorMittal is closing steel plants all over EU, Norsk Hydro announced last month that they were shutting down their aluminum smelter plant, due to unprofitably high electrical prices; perhaps this may be the best time to correct all the known issues with the car while parts are somewhat available. Certainly having sufficient energy to warm and feed workers in Germany may present a big problem, as well as plugging in your recently acquired EV..... .
wdb (09-19-2022)

Quick Reply: *** The Official 996 Forum Off Topic Thread ***