Sponsored by:

Preemptive PPI

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 10:39 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,050 Posts

Originally Posted by Optionman1
@Houtx996 Any comment on this "gospel"? Better yet, any apology or maybe even a correction?
Better yet, there should be a naughty corner on Rennlist.

Teacher to Houy, "Now Houy, turn around a look at your classmates and tell them you're sorry for being wrong."

Houy replies, "No! I'm never wrong!!! I never make mistakes on internet forums. I'm an expert and love to antagonize! I'm the perfect troll... FOREVER!!! Mwahahahahahaha!" [pouts]

Teacher replies, "Ok then Houy, go stand in the corner with your back to the class. Think about how you've treated all of your friends. When you're ready to apologize you let me know."
Old 02-19-2022, 11:09 AM
Houtx996
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak
Better yet, there should be a naughty corner on Rennlist.

Teacher to Houy, "Now Houy, turn around a look at your classmates and tell them you're sorry for being wrong."

Houy replies, "No! I'm never wrong!!! I never make mistakes on internet forums. I'm an expert and love to antagonize! I'm the perfect troll... FOREVER!!! Mwahahahahahaha!" [pouts]

Teacher replies, "Ok then Houy, go stand in the corner with your back to the class. Think about how you've treated all of your friends. When you're ready to apologize you let me know."
Because it's written it must be true. Its really bizarre/pathetic how personal you guys take a discussion on a car. I asked about how that channel is funded to see if you can have an objective discussion on its content, that answer is clear.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:20 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Houtx996
Because it's written it must be true. Its really bizarre/pathetic how personal you guys take a discussion on a car. I asked about how that channel is funded to see if you can have an objective discussion on its content, that answer is clear.
Go back and stand in the corner Houy.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:26 AM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 4,067 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by work_truck
If I want to sell my car, would buyers prefer their own PPI or would it be beneficial to have the pan dropped with an oil filter check etc ahead of time for the buyer's confidence?

Professional detail, professional pictures, up to date maintenance, what's important in the 911 buyer's pool?

or just ignore all that trash and list it on BAT for 25% over market +buyer's fees?
​​​​​​I bet Work_Truck is getting a kick out of how this thread has taken on a path of its own...😊
The following users liked this post:
zbomb (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 11:34 AM
Houtx996
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak
Go back and stand in the corner Houy.
Blocked, I'm not here for this you a weak minded fool incapable of having a discussion on an subject that differs from your master. Your post has absolutely nothing to do with cars. I'll leave it at this for someone more mature to discuss it with or explain what I'm missing. the premise is that they see more cars from northern climates with bore scoring and a possible explanation for that is owners leave there cars idling to warm the cabin. And idling on startup is bad or suboptimal. The obvious problem with that statement is the same behavior occurs in warmer climates to cool it (ex: florida,houston,az).so yeah option maybe ambient temperature, blocked also. Real simple how did they arrive at this observation or test it, if so how. Thats an interesting test.

Last edited by Houtx996; 02-19-2022 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:56 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Houtx996
Blocked, I'm not here for this you a weak minded fool incapable of having a discussion on an subject that differs from your master. Your post has absolutely nothing to do with cars. I'll leave it at this for someone more mature to discuss it with or explain what I'm missing. the premise is that they see more cars from northern climates with bore scoring and a possible explanation for that is owners leave there cars idling to warm the cabin. The obvious problem with that statement is the same behavior occurs in warmer climates to cool it (ex: florida,houston,az).so yeah option maybe ambient temperature, blocked also.
I'm a weak-minded fool.. seriously? You don't know me from Adam's house cat!

For the record, it went off-topic because I was trying add clarity to your YouTube/Jake Raby accusation as well as answer ALL of your questions and point you to more free resources that I've spent 1000 of hrs producing in the last 4 years.

And you call me a fool? Please. If you're trying to get under my skin, you're going to have to work harder. My grandmother had more attitude!

What you're "missing" is the entitled, antagonistic attitude coming from your posts. It's really none of your business what Jake Raby or myself make, but I tried to be transparent about YouTube and clear about Jake's contribution. I don't really care what you think about me. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a damn either.

Now... regarding idling a M9X based Porsche...
The problem with idling these cars is closely related to cold start enrichment. Regardless if you're in Texas or Canada, when the engine is first started, it is cold. It may not be sub-zero ambient temps, but the engine is still COLD and for the emissions system to work properly, it will begin a process of "lighting up" the cats by pushing extra fuel into the cylinders along with secondary air, etc. etc.. These process has proven to be bad for the engine if allowed to "warm up" on idle. Raby and Porsche AG both warn against it.

There! You happy now? Probably not. Buh bye!!! Instead of blocking me and others, why not do us ALL a favor and block yourself from Rennlist entirely?

Last edited by ZuffenZeus; 02-19-2022 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:28 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 4,067 Likes on 2,307 Posts

work_truck

Where did you go and what are you going to do?
Old 02-19-2022, 03:30 PM
Dr_Strangelove
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 566 Posts

work is on BaT cultivating the comments in his auction.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:48 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove
work is on BaT cultivating the comments in his auction.
work_truck needs to join Houy in the naughty corner!
Old 02-22-2022, 05:36 PM
Sam-Son
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by work_truck
there is no amount of passion in the world to account for a 35k dollar engine rebuild in a 35k dollar car lol
Just about every aircooled needs a top end reseal or more around 100k miles. Those are $35k+ rebuilds and for a time all of those cars were worth less...

The price of the rebuild doesn't change much but the value of the car does...

996s are finally swinging to the point where the rebuild doesn't outweigh the cost of the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Preemptive PPI