Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Guess what my next upgrade will be! Updated litronic headlights!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022 | 04:35 PM
Adrian Taillights
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I just checked the housing of a Litronic set I have in-house here for retrofit, and they have the same part number as yours, so I'm pretty sure I can get this mystery solved for you!
--Adrian www.retrofitlab.us

The following users liked this post:
Boff (04-28-2022)
Old 04-28-2022 | 04:42 PM
Boff
Racer

Oh, great...and I'm just about to do this myself! Adrian are you willing to offer the same to a Canadian customer? I just hope it doesn't come to that...
Old 04-28-2022 | 04:47 PM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by playswithcars
I'm sorry to hear about all the issues you had.
If you can cover shipping, I want to offer to do the install for you at no charge. Frist of all, if there are different versions of the housings, I want to be aware of it, and second, although I'm not affiliated with RFL in the Netherlands, I do see myself as their representative here in the US as their exclusive distributor and I want to make sure all US RFL customers are happy campers! I have a great relationship with the folks in Holland and can access them for support if needed. I'm also a Dutch native speaker which helps
Please PM me if you want to go this route and I''ll send you my ship-to address!
--Adrian www.retrofitlab.us
That's a nice offer, but the car is my daily driver, and shipping to you would mean no car. Well no lights. I guess I could drive it without headlights but I'm sure the PD would frown on that.
Can I PM You? If we can resolve the fitment issue, I would be over the moon. The last thing I want to do is send them back to NL. It's already the second order, the first one was lost by the shipper, and we had to wait for UPS oor DHL? to admit to the loss and contact RLs before they could send the second order :/.
Old 04-28-2022 | 05:21 PM
playswithcars
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Boff
Oh, great...and I'm just about to do this myself! Adrian are you willing to offer the same to a Canadian customer? I just hope it doesn't come to that...
When I find out the issue that damage98MO is having, I'll share the solution here. That said, I do offer installation service if you don't want to do the install yourself. If you haven't ordered the kit yet, I have them in stock here in Colorado. Check out my web site for pricing. www.retrofitlab.us

Last edited by playswithcars; 06-06-2022 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-28-2022 | 05:27 PM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

Hi Adrian
Thanks for the quick response. I'll be in touch with the shipping details. I do have to have it back by the 25th of May, I will be driving to St. Louis to get my son from school. So I better not doddle.
Old 04-28-2022 | 05:32 PM
Boff
Racer

Originally Posted by playswithcars
When I find out the issue that damage98MO is having, I'll share the solution here. That said, I do offer installation service if you don't want to do the install yourself. If you haven't ordered the kit yet, I have them in stock here in Colorado. Check out my web site for psiing. www.retrofitlab.us
I have the kit...just waiting for a free weekend to install it!
playswithcars (04-28-2022)
Old 04-29-2022 | 10:20 AM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

@Plays with Cars @Boff I am going to have to fall on my sword and admit stupidity and self inflicted misery. I had the black mounting screws installed pointing to the FRONT of the projector, not the back. Explaining the igniter extending beyond the cap. I'm sorry for all the worry and most of all your time on the call yesterday Adrian. I'll let RL know the same. Honestly, sometimes I wonder how I get out of bed in the morning.

Boff (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022 | 10:51 AM
Boff
Racer

Originally Posted by damage98MO
@Plays with Cars @Boff I am going to have to fall on my sword and admit stupidity and self inflicted misery. I had the black mounting screws installed pointing to the FRONT of the projector, not the back. Explaining the igniter extending beyond the cap. I'm sorry for all the worry and most of all your time on the call yesterday Adrian. I'll let RL know the same. Honestly, sometimes I wonder how I get out of bed in the morning.

https://youtu.be/t_OeH7Zz1fE?t=577
Hey man, if you made that mistake, then others probably would as well, and now they won’t. So thanks for posting this!!!!
barbancourt (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022 | 11:49 AM
playswithcars
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by damage98MO

https://youtu.be/t_OeH7Zz1fE?t=577
No worries! I'll admit that the very first kit I installed it took me a few tries before I had all the hardware in the correct place. The RFL videos could show more detail when it comes to that. Anyway, glad you figured it out!
As I install the next few kits, I'll make some short videos with a 360 degree view of the fully assembled projector. That should help folks get it right the first time!

Last edited by playswithcars; 04-29-2022 at 11:53 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by playswithcars:
damage98MO (05-01-2022), jrgill (06-04-2022)
Old 06-05-2022 | 04:36 PM
Boff
Racer

OK I’m finally getting around to this install. I got these LED bulbs with my kit and I’m not sure what to do with them.
Old 06-05-2022 | 04:48 PM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

Default Those might have been an option?

OK I’m finally getting around to this install. I got these LED bulbs with my kit and I’m not sure what to do with them.
There were no LEDs included with my litronic reflector and headlight bulb replacement. Maybe those are h7 high beam bulbs? Did you tick any option boxes when you purchased from retrofit labs?
Old 06-05-2022 | 05:57 PM
dsbl
Instructor

They are H6W replacements for the front parking/drl bulbs. The bulb and its connector sit in a plastic tube near the xenon / high bulbs, you should see it when looking at where various wires go. You just pull the connector out and swap the bulb.
Boff (06-05-2022)
Old 06-05-2022 | 07:10 PM
playswithcars
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dsbl
They are H6W replacements for the front parking/drl bulbs. The bulb and its connector sit in a plastic tube near the xenon / high bulbs, you should see it when looking at where various wires go. You just pull the connector out and swap the bulb.
THIS^^
Old 06-05-2022 | 08:34 PM
Boff
Racer

That’s great thanks. Otherwise this job is Not Going Well. They should edit that video to state that you need a long magnetic security T20 to access the screws holding the projector in. I got it out with a non ideal T20 setup but I just can’t get the darn replacement assembly to seat in properly. Now I worry I’ve stripped the holes in the plastic receptacle that the screws go into. So tomorrow I’m searching for this unicorn tool.
Old 06-06-2022 | 12:55 AM
damage98MO
Rennlist Member

That’s great thanks. Otherwise this job is Not Going Well. They should edit that video to state that you need a long magnetic security T20 to access the screws holding the projector in. I got it out with a non ideal T20 setup but I just can’t get the darn replacement assembly to seat in properly. Now I worry I’ve stripped the holes in the plastic receptacle that the screws go into. So tomorrow I’m searching for this unicorn tool.
I managed it with a normal security t20, but a flexi shaft would have been helpful. Who at porsche was like, "let's make this a security torx, zat vill show zem, hahaha".😂
One thing, be aware of the 2 screws w rubber spacers and their torques, don't over tighten, or you will struggle with headlight aim. Good luck.
My lights are so much better now that the upgrade is complete. Well, save for the wiring. A generous application of liguid tape is working fine tho.
Boff (06-09-2022)

Quick Reply: Guess what my next upgrade will be! Updated litronic headlights!