Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Guess what my next upgrade will be! Updated litronic headlights!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021 | 09:58 PM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

I just received mine yesterday after a little over a month of ordering them. Will be installing them this weekend and will update the thread with comparison pictures and a review.
The following 2 users liked this post by MoeMonney:
dporto (12-14-2021), wdb (12-17-2021)
Old 12-26-2021 | 12:17 AM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

Well, I installed the kit in my car finally. The light output is dramatically improved. Well worth the 179 dollars spent. The cables where really bad on one of my headlights though. Il'l be posting comparison pics soon. I feel much more confident driving at night now through New England wooded areas where deer can jump out at any moment. Light output is at least double what it was with the stock projectors and the lights have a very cool looking purple blue hue when looking at the car from a distance with the Phillips Xtreme vision gen 2 bulbs. Similar to the new 911's.
Old 12-26-2021 | 12:20 AM
GarrettSR5
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MoeMonney
Well, I installed the kit in my car finally. The light output is dramatically improved. Well worth the 179 dollars spent. The cables where really bad on one of my headlights though. Il'l be posting comparison pics soon. I feel much more confident driving at night now through New England wooded areas where deer can jump out at any moment. Light output is at least double what it was with the stock projectors and the lights have a very cool looking purple blue hue when looking at the car from a distance with the Phillips Xtreme vision gen 2 bulbs. Similar to the new 911's.
New England ?? Nice, enjoy the snow.
Old 12-29-2021 | 11:52 AM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

A pic of the final product. New projector with Phillips Xtreme vision Gen 2 bulb, LED position light. Fog light on. It was raining a bit so theres beads of water on the light.

Last edited by MoeMonney; 12-29-2021 at 01:32 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by MoeMonney:
dporto (12-30-2021), Dranon (12-30-2021), EVOMMM (12-29-2021)
Old 01-04-2022 | 05:01 PM
playswithcars
Rennlist Member

FYI, I am talking to Retrofitlab on becoming a (stocking) US distributor for their 996 upgrade kits. If everything works out I will also be offering to perform the retrofit on headlights sent in to me, as I've heard that some 996 owners prefer not to mess with it themselves. Keep an eye on my thread in the vendor section under Adrian Taillights here: https://rennlist.com/forums/vendor-a...l#post17839772
Thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by playswithcars:
dporto (01-04-2022), PBradz (04-05-2022)
Old 01-04-2022 | 05:28 PM
diddy2003
Rennlist Member

Just got mine yesterday. For everyone else, don’t be surprised with long shipping times from Europe. Took 2-3 weeks longer than I believe it initially stated. No big deal though as it’s New England and I’m not driving it for a while. I will post feedback when installed. I am looking forward to it as I frequently drive at night in the hill towns where there are no street lights.
Old 01-04-2022 | 08:59 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by playswithcars
FYI, I am talking to Retrofitlab on becoming a (stocking) US distributor for their 996 upgrade kits. If everything works out I will also be offering to perform the retrofit on headlights sent in to me, as I've heard that some 996 owners prefer not to mess with it themselves. Keep an eye on my thread in the vendor section under Adrian Taillights here: https://rennlist.com/forums/vendor-a...l#post17839772
Thanks!
IF you are successful with that endeavor, how will that effect the price of the kits?
Old 01-04-2022 | 09:14 PM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Ssdcv I’m your first customer but I have the kit and lights I can send them to you and send them back polished and I’m in your debt lmk
Old 01-04-2022 | 10:01 PM
playswithcars
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SSDVC
IF you are successful with that endeavor, how will that effect the price of the kits?
This will depend on what kind of discount (if any) they offer me but I'm hoping to be competitive with pricing shipped from Holland direct, if only due to savings in shipping by ordering multiple kits at once!

Originally Posted by NYPOWR4
Ssdcv I’m your first customer but I have the kit and lights I can send them to you and send them back polished and I’m in your debt lmk
Hi Mike, that post was from me, not from SSDVC
Call me when you get a minute!
Adrian
Old 01-05-2022 | 11:48 AM
Dranon
Rennlist Member

I'm definitely interested! Keep us informed
The following users liked this post:
playswithcars (01-05-2022)
Old 01-07-2022 | 10:17 AM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NYPOWR4
LOL!! I know I am getting old, but I was sitting here reading this and wondering if I hit the lottery or did something heroic and just forgot about it. Hey, anybody see my keys !! LOL!!
playswithcars (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022 | 10:18 AM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

This will depend on what kind of discount (if any) they offer me but I'm hoping to be competitive with pricing shipped from Holland direct, if only due to savings in shipping by ordering multiple kits at once!

Hi Mike, that post was from me, not from SSDVC
Call me when you get a minute!
Adrian
Standing by for my info and I'll wait to make my purchase.
Old 01-07-2022 | 01:49 PM
playswithcars
Rennlist Member

Update!

Adrian Taillights is now the only US dealer for Retrofitlab!

We agreed on an arrangement that will allow me to charge the same price as what you would pay if you ordered straight from them. I will cover the shipping from Holland to me and from me to you (lower 48 United States only).
I don't have any inventory on hand just yet, but I am putting together a list of kits I plan to order and keep in inventory. To that end, can anyone that is interested in either purchasing a DIY kit or sending in their headlights for modification let me know what kit specs you would be interested in? This is just so I know what to order. Please don't respond in this thread, but send me a PM or post in my vendor thread here: https://rennlist.com/forums/vendor-a...l#post17890032
Thank you!

Last edited by playswithcars; 01-07-2022 at 01:50 PM.
EVOMMM (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022 | 01:58 PM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

Update!

Adrian Taillights is now the only US dealer for Retrofitlab!

We agreed on an arrangement that will allow me to charge the same price as what you would pay if you ordered straight from them. I will cover the shipping from Holland to me and from me to you (lower 48 United States only).
I don't have any inventory on hand just yet, but I am putting together a list of kits I plan to order and keep in inventory. To that end, can anyone that is interested in either purchasing a DIY kit or sending in their headlights for modification let me know what kit specs you would be interested in? This is just so I know what to order. Please don't respond in this thread, but send me a PM or post in my vendor thread here: https://rennlist.com/forums/vendor-a...l#post17890032
Thank you!

interesting development. I should have asked for a discount on my kit after all the research I did to find this kit and share it with the community. Hahaha.

well. I’m glad people are benefiting. Good luck with the endeavor. If I were you I would offer a full upgrade to the headlights. The wiring on these lights is horrible no matter how great the projectors is. It’s the main weak point on the units. If you can upgrade that as well plus the projectors and add LED high beams you will have what in my opinion would be the best litronic units.
Old 01-07-2022 | 02:51 PM
playswithcars
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MoeMonney
interesting development. I should have asked for a discount on my kit after all the research I did to find this kit and share it with the community. Hahaha.

well. I’m glad people are benefiting. Good luck with the endeavor. If I were you I would offer a full upgrade to the headlights. The wiring on these lights is horrible no matter how great the projectors is. It’s the main weak point on the units. If you can upgrade that as well plus the projectors and add LED high beams you will have what in my opinion would be the best litronic units.
Yeah thanks for starting this thread MoeMonney! If you were closer I'd buy you a couple of beers!
I'll definitely also look into the wiring as well, thanks for the tip!

Quick Reply: Guess what my next upgrade will be! Updated litronic headlights!