Sponsored by:

Chunks slow build... very slow.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 02:26 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,153 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by TheUnscented
Just came across your build thread. Looks amazing! So many questions—I’m weeks behind the conversion.

What weight for wheel/tire (my three piece forged are currently mounted on tires) is normal or lightweight? Thinking of having mine dissembled, refinished and resealed but wondering if should just purchase new instead.

the leather sills from eBay: were they from a wreck or is there a company that retrims?

Airbox: mine of course is different (K&N and LA3 engine). I’m aware that the stock 996 has better flow than the aftermarket K&N but of course that’s not an option for me. My intake temperatures are higher than I’d like (Swapped Porsche guys say 20 degrees higher than ambient is normal). It appears that the stock has a gasketed connection to external air through a port on the deck lid. How does Porsche avoid rainwater getting into the airbox?

Lastly, update on the seats?

Great thread!
I haven’t weighed the wheels but the OZs are probably some of the lightest wheels available for our cars and TireRack has the fronts listed at 18.9lbs and the rears are 21lbs. What wheels do you have? I’ve been putting some monies away for a set of E88s or I’ll paint the OZs red… extreme ends or the wheel spectrum but you get the idea.

The sills look to be from a wrecked car and in perfect condition. I haven’t really looked at the gasket or how it drains water but I’ll check when I get back home. Lately, I’m deploying for work on the 30th and will be gone for 4-5 months so that’s going to be next year. The next updates will be on the brakes, the RPM Technik Ducktail and DP-Motorsport carbon lip will be at the end of the year as well.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:36 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rino924
I'd love to see how the Brides work out. I have a savannah beige interior and my driver's seat is a little discolored and seems a tad frail.

Really would like to go with these. Please let me know any feedback if you go that route. I have a deep JDM past so they hit a sweet spot :P

Those are the exact seats I’m looking at and I really like Bride seats. The interesting thing is the nicer seats are made in Japan while the others are made in other Asian countries. The Edirb customs seats(Bride spelled backwards) is their custom shop… very nice. I’m a bigger/chubbier dude with larger than normal legs so I’m limited on certain seats. Think those Eurosters check all the boxes.
The following users liked this post:
997ajk (12-20-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 01:45 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

My old fuel cap failed a couple days ago and I ordered a newer aluminum model from Suncoast… why am I like this?

Old 06-19-2021, 10:51 PM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

My wheels are a brand called “Racing Dynamics” and it’s their S4 model. They were on the car when I bought it, probably out of business, almost no information on the web. The finish is flaking off so, cosmetically, I’d like to redo them ($600) but the shop says it would be as high as $1400 if he’s got to reseal them so he recommends shopping around to make sure that’s the direction I want to go.

RD S4 as is on car now

Found this photo on web painted “ghost pearl blue”
TheChunkNorris (06-21-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 12:18 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

My wheels are a brand called “Racing Dynamics” and it’s their S4 model. They were on the car when I bought it, probably out of business, almost no information on the web. The finish is flaking off so, cosmetically, I’d like to redo them ($600) but the shop says it would be as high as $1400 if he’s got to reseal them so he recommends shopping around to make sure that’s the direction I want to go.

RD S4 as is on car now

I see, they look great btw and I might be putting my OZs for sale. I found a front set of CCW C14 Corsas and could complete the set for less than 2200.00.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:38 AM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Ha! I currently have three sets of wheels & tires for this car: it came w two sets, one of which I’ve already had redone and I bought some Forgestar F14 sized for a TT/C4S that are just a bit too wide fir a NB.

I am curious to know the total weight of the wheel/tire on your OZ front/rears.

how are the Bride seats?

Last edited by TheUnscented; 06-20-2021 at 08:39 AM.
TheChunkNorris (06-21-2021)
Old 06-21-2021, 04:46 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

That’s pretty cool that your car came with 2 sets and you can make the WB wheels fit but it’ll be some work. I’ll weigh the whole set up when I get a chance and post those figures. As far as the Brides go, I’m looking to buy them by the beginning of next year because I’m leaving out of the country for 4 months here in a couple weeks.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:38 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

RD S4 as is on car now

I just noticed you have a cage, what one do you have?
Old 06-22-2021, 12:47 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Picked up the C14 Corsairs from a local seller and was very pleased with how they looked. They’re matte black and 18x9+50, reached out to CCW and I can order the rears which I’ll be doing mid way through September or early Oct. The plan is to go all red!!

Old 06-23-2021, 12:00 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Welp after a couple hours of looking at random hoses and such, my indie found what I couldn’t and it was causing the codes… a loose hose clamp with a worn screw. Air was getting through said clamp and causing the fault. After installing a new clamp, he was nice enough to install the suede steering wheel.

plpete84 (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 09:49 AM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,866 Likes on 940 Posts

I'm chasing an intermittent code (minor leak somewhere in EVAP) so I know your pain! Glad you got it resolved. The interior is looking fantastic! Is that an OEM GT3 shifter/boot combo? I'm looking at upgrading my interior with a Momo Mod 7 in alcantara at some point. I'm still undecided on the shifter but want it in alcantara as well. I like the OEM look but just don't find it that comfortable. Considering a round shift ****, something like OEM 997 or BFI one.

Any plans for the pedals?
Old 06-23-2021, 11:04 AM
zbomb
Race Car

Received 4,297 Likes on 1,814 Posts

C10 are awesome ! Going to look money.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:06 AM
rino924
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 62 Posts

I would love the Momo but have a little anxiety on removing the air bag. Not a daily driver but still a concern.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:08 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rino924
I would love the Momo but have a little anxiety on removing the air bag. Not a daily driver but still a concern.
I get you and had I not found that steering wheel set up on the cheap… I would’ve gone with a Personal Grinta in the same colors.

Originally Posted by zbomb
C10 are awesome ! Going to look money.
He was local and didn’t want to ship and let them go for 350.09… it’s better to be lucky than good.

Originally Posted by plpete84
I'm chasing an intermittent code (minor leak somewhere in EVAP) so I know your pain! Glad you got it resolved. The interior is looking fantastic! Is that an OEM GT3 shifter/boot combo? I'm looking at upgrading my interior with a Momo Mod 7 in alcantara at some point. I'm still undecided on the shifter but want it in alcantara as well. I like the OEM look but just don't find it that comfortable. Considering a round shift ****, something like OEM 997 or BFI one.

Any plans for the pedals?
Man that reminded me of my Lexus days trying to chase a vacuum leak on a 2J… long days. I love the Momo set up but got a smoking deal on the steering wheel which came with the leather airbag cover. I looked at the BFI ***** and thought they looked great, just wanted the GT3 look which is why chose the OEM replacement. Not sure on the pedals, I’m a sneaker head and wear all types of shoes and the OEM rubber units feel great.
plpete84 (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 12:14 PM
rino924
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 62 Posts

Ah so you have 2 stupid expensive hobbies too

Quick Reply: Chunks slow build... very slow.