The Eagle Has Landed!
Old 01-08-2020, 01:35 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,293 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by yaz996
Pre-order for the DVD set is live on LN:

https://lnengineering.com/products/b...-assembly.html

I went the Amazon route since I no longer own a DVD player. Watched the first 12 episodes so far, and I'm very happy with the purchase.
So happy that you are pleased with the video content. We tried hard to keep good continuity, and remain engaged. I refused to use notes, or a script to shoot the scenes, its all organic, and done on the fly, from my brain housing group.

The Knowledge Gruppe has received 1,000 sets of the videos on DVD as of yesterday.
From what I understand, the major release will occur on 1.20.20, but both Pelican, and LN have set up pre- orders at a discounted price, that will extend till 1.20.20

The Pre- Order link at LN is:
https://lnengineering.com/focus-on-m...-assembly.html

The Pre- Order link for Pelican is:
https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog...loOVkifQ%3D%3D

The DVDs will be available on The Knowledge Gruppe store, as well as Amazon on 1.20.20

TKG will begin order fulfillment after 1.20.20.

Please refrain from calling or emailing Flat 6 Innovations concerning these video purchases. We are not selling these videos, we are only set up to sell engines here. I made this post in an effort to curb the calls we have been getting all day, with guys wanting to buy these direct from us. We don't even have a DVD on our property, though I will have some on- hand next week to use during my final M9X Engine Assembly Hands- On Class
The following 2 users liked this post by Flat6 Innovations:
808Bill (01-08-2020), yaz996 (01-08-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 02:08 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
So happy that you are pleased with the video content. We tried hard to keep good continuity, and remain engaged. I refused to use notes, or a script to shoot the scenes, its all organic, and done on the fly, from my brain housing group.

The Knowledge Gruppe has received 1,000 sets of the videos on DVD as of yesterday.
From what I understand, the major release will occur on 1.20.20, but both Pelican, and LN have set up pre- orders at a discounted price, that will extend till 1.20.20

The Pre- Order link at LN is:
https://lnengineering.com/focus-on-m...-assembly.html

The Pre- Order link for Pelican is:
https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog...loOVkifQ%3D%3D

The DVDs will be available on The Knowledge Gruppe store, as well as Amazon on 1.20.20

TKG will begin order fulfillment after 1.20.20.

Please refrain from calling or emailing Flat 6 Innovations concerning these video purchases. We are not selling these videos, we are only set up to sell engines here. I made this post in an effort to curb the calls we have been getting all day, with guys wanting to buy these direct from us. We don't even have a DVD on our property, though I will have some on- hand next week to use during my final M9X Engine Assembly Hands- On Class
Got a notice from Pelican in my email inbox this morning. Went to their site and could not get their site to cooperate with my browser. Unknown whether it's my computer or their site. Visited LN via the link provided in this thread. Looking forward to the arrival of this, so I can study-up. It will be awhile before I can apply the lessons. Need to study-up on disassembly, right now....

Thanks Jake!
Old 01-08-2020, 02:30 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Ordered mine!
Old 01-08-2020, 07:26 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
Got a notice from Pelican in my email inbox this morning. Went to their site and could not get their site to cooperate with my browser. Unknown whether it's my computer or their site. Visited LN via the link provided in this thread. Looking forward to the arrival of this, so I can study-up. It will be awhile before I can apply the lessons. Need to study-up on disassembly, right now....

Thanks Jake!
Cool..
Disassembly is not part of this season of videos. We figured that if we receive enough requests for disassembly that a video for this can be shot, and added into season 2. Disassembly is simple, so I wanted to spend our time on the assembly with the current video series. The video begins with all components cleaned, prepped, balanced, and ready for assembly. I do go over the prep, machining, and balancing as overviews, but the focus is on assembly order. That's where the goofs are made, and my silver bullets are needed.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:32 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Cool..
Disassembly is not part of this season of videos. We figured that if we receive enough requests for disassembly that a video for this can be shot, and added into season 2. Disassembly is simple, so I wanted to spend our time on the assembly with the current video series. The video begins with all components cleaned, prepped, balanced, and ready for assembly. I do go over the prep, machining, and balancing as overviews, but the focus is on assembly order. That's where the goofs are made, and my silver bullets are needed.
A quick disassembly video would be nice. I have my notes from the class and 'sort of' remember it. I agree the important information is on the assembly. But, would be helpful to see the disassembly on video.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:16 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 545 Posts

What's in season 2?
Old 01-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by billh1963
A quick disassembly video would be nice. I have my notes from the class and 'sort of' remember it. I agree the important information is on the assembly. But, would be helpful to see the disassembly on video.
Unfortunately it costs the same to shoot a disassembly video Vs an assembly video, BUT my the feelings of those working with me on this project had a lot of skepticism of buyers willing to pay the same kind of money to see someone take a dirty engine apart. This is why requests for a teardown video will have to be received in large numbers to drive this to be added to season 2.

Season 2 will include in- depth Pre- Purchase videos for 996 and 997, Aircooled Porsche engine rebuild videos, and etc. I am not doing any more hands- on classes after next week's class for the remainder of 2020. The rest of my time is spent on videos.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:59 PM
wkf94025
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 248 Posts

Jake,

Three comments:
  • +1 for disassembly video, even if hyper speed video with normal speed voice over
  • The LN site shows price, and nice description of all 20 episodes. Pelican site shows no price, and only a popup jpg description of first 5 only. Don't know if you care about those details.
  • Can't wait to purchase. Torn between DVD (do I still own a player??) and Amazon streaming version.
Kelly
Old 01-08-2020, 10:06 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 545 Posts

I'm good at taking things apart, it's putting them back the right way that I care about
Old 01-08-2020, 10:30 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

+1 for disassembly video, even if hyper speed video with normal speed voice over
It's hard for me to work that way, because I prefer detail. me and speed used in the same sentence when it comes to engine work don't get along. My 8 year old daughter disassembled an M96 and I only needed to help her with pupping apart the case halves, and removing the carrier from the engine. It's that simple to disassemble. ALL the time should be spent creating your own resource materials, using pictures and videos as you go, as well as "bagging and tagging" every fastener. It's the same with anything. Once I taught Ava these disciplines, she has used them with her first Go kart engines, her Jr. Dragster engine, her first 914 engine build, and the M96

• The LN site shows price, and nice description of all 20 episodes. Pelican site shows no price, and only a popup jpg description of first 5 only. Don't know if you care about those details.
Nope, not my department! I'm done, they can figure out how to sell them :-)
  • Can't wait to purchase. Torn between DVD (do I still own a player??) and Amazon streaming version.
    I'd prefer the DVD series.. Plus it comes in a really cool case with a picture of an ******* on the cover :-)

Old 01-08-2020, 10:55 PM
wkf94025
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 248 Posts

My 8 year old daughter disassembled an M96...
I will crawl quietly back under my rock.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:59 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wkf94025
I will crawl quietly back under my rock.
She just finished this long block last week. The biggest challenge was rocker arm geometry, and keeping her on task for 4 hours of trial, and error effort.

The following users liked this post:
Paul Waterloo (01-09-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 12:25 AM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 103 Posts

Mr. Raby any guilt taking these guys' money to buy unneeded items? Your knowledge of building M96 engines would be ethical to charge ~ $100, not saying has to be done for free such as Mr. Hart giving no charge his very hard earned information about bore scoring etc.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:39 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 996.2
Mr. Raby any guilt taking these guys' money to buy unneeded items?

How are these vehicles any more "unneeded" that a freakin Porsche? A Porsche can do one thing, these vehicles can do many things, matter of fact they are a lot more practical than a Porsche, especially when you need to crush a car, or ****** a neighbor's 20,000 pound tractor out of a ditch. Its also nice when you can use them to take kids for rides, and let them experience something more than a freaking video game.

Who's money?
Not a single damn dollar that was used to buy those vehicles came from the sale of anything associated with a Porsche or its engine. This isn't my only business, but is is the one that's the least profitable, and the biggest pain in the ***.
More questions?

No, I didn't rob any of your Porsche buddies to buy my half track either.. In fact I sold my 997 to a friend and rolled that money into it. Is that ok?

Quick Reply: Knowledge Gruppe M9X Engine Assemby Series