Sponsored by:

What?! Current Record Holder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 09:28 AM
Always wanted 1
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
It's just stupid to pay that much for that car. And god forbid that you ever say anything bad on BAT. It's for ******* if you ask me.
******* and people that want to get absurdly top dollar selling their cars😂.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Always wanted 1

******* and people that want to get absurdly top dollar selling their cars😂.
I agree with that....but when sellers don't get what they want, or they don't meet reserve, they start crying on forums many times. There is no reasoning to anything that happens on BAT. Getting my 31K mile car 3 or 4 years ago for $22K was on the "high" side of things, and now somebody paid $38K with fees for a 99? Good for them, I'll take either two of them, or one and another $18K in my pocket.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:36 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary Segler
Change oil every 1K miles? Seems a bit wasteful to me. Is that normal for these cars? I was just planning on changing my DD every 5000 miles.
I change my DD every 5K miles.
It's the recommended IMS Solution oil change interval, 6 months or 5K miles.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:59 AM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

sucker born every minute I guess.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:23 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Yea, this is quite interesting. I buy mostly used cars to avoid the new car price. My goal is usually low miles and at least half the original new price (or better). I would think trying to find a low miles car would be the goal with Porsches too, but after reading many threads on the subject, it appears that it's better to find one that was driven more miles and maintained regularly?
Old 08-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Splitting Atoms
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
Yea, this is quite interesting. I buy mostly used cars to avoid the new car price. My goal is usually low miles and at least half the original new price (or better). I would think trying to find a low miles car would be the goal with Porsches too, but after reading many threads on the subject, it appears that it's better to find one that was driven more miles and maintained regularly?
​​​​​​Maintained regularly is most important, particularly oil changes that are done by miles and time. I would want a car that has documented oil changes at least once per year, and ideally twice per year, if oil changes are done based on time versus every 5000 miles or so. The problem with some of the very low mileage cars is that used oil may sit in the engine for extended periods of time doing damage to seals and gaskets. This may be a contributor to IMSB failure.

My car had some minor issues that I knew about when I bought it, but there was documentation showing the oil had been changed regularly.

I have purchased dozens of used cars over the years and this is a good rule to follow for any used car.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:14 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,081 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
It all comes down to how it was treated and maintained. A meticulous car is what you want - meticulous on the inside (maintenance) and outside (astetics).

Quick Reply: What?! Current Record Holder?