2002 face lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 06:52 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Wilson
Same one who asked you?
You might want to check your reading prescription. "Yes I know some of you hate this, but for those that don't..." So this thread was aimed at people who aren't high and mighty about what other people do with their cars. Just move along to another thread.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Mark Wilson
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wyovino
You might want to check your reading prescription. "Yes I know some of you hate this, but for those that don't..." So this thread was aimed at people who aren't high and mighty about what other people do with their cars. Just move along to another thread.
Thanks for your input. I hope I have not ruined your day.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:02 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 263 Posts

Hey guys....lets chill on this...This forum is meant to be constructive... to enhance our P-car ownership experience. Opinions are welcome....lets just try to be a bit more half full then half empty about it. :-)
Old 03-06-2018, 01:59 PM
shmelvin
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all thanks for the support, and to the few haters.....WTF!.... it's a 16 year old car that may or may not ever regain any real value and its not old enough or rare enough to have its value affected by any minor (and reversible) mods. Sure if it was a 964 Turbo S doing mods might be detrimental, but if you own it, its your business. And for those that say if you want an updated look, buy an updated car, that sounds great but not all of us are millionaires or even want to spend the extra dough. I think the $500 spent on the headlight mod outweighs the thousands extra it would cost for the 997. But we are all entitled to our opinions, though after this I will be gun-shy to post any pics of the double din project which is next up, and hopefully no one will rat me out over the X pipe and Gundo hack....Perish the thought. Maybe I should just stick to the old Becker radio and forgo any modern convenience in my vintage vehicle, if I turn the dial slowly enough I might pick up snippets from the Nuremberg rallies? sorry I meant Nürburgring. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:20 PM
e90steve
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by shmelvin
First of all thanks for the support, and to the few haters.....WTF!.... it's a 16 year old car that may or may not ever regain any real value and its not old enough or rare enough to have its value affected by any minor (and reversible) mods. Sure if it was a 964 Turbo S doing mods might be detrimental, but if you own it, its your business. And for those that say if you want an updated look, buy an updated car, that sounds great but not all of us are millionaires or even want to spend the extra dough. I think the $500 spent on the headlight mod outweighs the thousands extra it would cost for the 997. But we are all entitled to our opinions, though after this I will be gun-shy to post any pics of the double din project which is next up, and hopefully no one will rat me out over the X pipe and Gundo hack....Perish the thought. Maybe I should just stick to the old Becker radio and forgo any modern convenience in my vintage vehicle, if I turn the dial slowly enough I might pick up snippets from the Nuremberg rallies? sorry I meant Nürburgring. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Well you convinced me.

Just remember, these people thought headlight covers look cool too.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:27 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,479 Likes on 1,323 Posts

I have the same covers on my 996.
I really like the look...my wife doesn’t.
She especially doesn’t like the black trim, but I do.
Completely reversable too in case I ever change my mind.

Quick Reply: 2002 face lift