Sponsored by:

Kicking off IMSBD Weekend Early

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Billup
Three Wheelin'

Received 611 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Slakker
Hacker Porsche said we were being cliqueish. Kk screws another RL €™er, shows up a year later with no remorse, and we are expected to show him love? For hating high school Hacker is doing a great job of playing the clueless overbearing authority figure that I certainly despised from those days.
How dare us enjoy talking to each other..., didn't realize that was cliqueish, as much as it is like model owners bantering and having fun while still discussing the technicalities that were apparently never present?

How did he screw someone over by the way? Backstory?
Old 12-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Billup
You are kidding..right? If not do a search "I bought KK's car"
Old 12-06-2017, 09:45 AM
dgi 07
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long story short,
Allegedly, The Screwer took the IMSB out and replaced it with a bearing that the manufacturer told him wasn't suitable. Threads were made, documenting the whole process. Car was sold to a chap in NJ. IMSB failed. Screwer came on forum and told everyone the IMSB failed. I remember that . The new owner (Screwed for short) is a member of the forum and started a thread as well saying he was the one that bought the Screwers car and now faced with the prospect of buying a new engine. The Screwer started deleting, threads, etc. Names were called, arguments between attorneys and internet attorneys ensued, and the Screwer disappeared for a year plus. He just returned.

But this is all allegedly.....
Old 12-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dgi 07
Long story short,
Allegedly, ........ He just returned.

There is no alleged no where. It's all fact.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:55 AM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 796 Likes on 510 Posts

dgi: Very accurate Cliff's Notes version. I have no idea how that thread never got deep sixed. I guess nobody whined loud enough to the Forum Cops. However, of course, it could have been the IMS! Wait it really was the IMS. Careful boys the the Hall Monitors are probably still watching for to make sure no-one steps out of line(You step out of line, the man come and take you away. courtesy Buffalo Springfield) and toss another one to the "corn field"
Old 12-06-2017, 09:58 AM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Sad thing is...you just know a certain "member" is watching all this with happiness in his heart. Once a troll...Always a troll...
Old 12-06-2017, 10:03 AM
dgi 07
Racer

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
There is no alleged no where. It's all fact.
As a Auto technician, I run on 3 main principles.

1. Always do the right thing.
2. Keep it Simple Stupid
3. C.Y.A - Cover Your A**

I'm just covering my a**...
Old 12-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Billup
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
You are kidding..right? If not do a search "I bought KK's car"
Not kidding, still pretty new around here and learning all the drama. So far I only know of Johnny Irish and PeePeeEye.

Long story short,
Allegedly, The Screwer took the IMSB out and replaced it with a bearing that the manufacturer told him wasn't suitable. Threads were made, documenting the whole process. Car was sold to a chap in NJ. IMSB failed. Screwer came on forum and told everyone the IMSB failed. I remember that . The new owner (Screwed for short) is a member of the forum and started a thread as well saying he was the one that bought the Screwers car and now faced with the prospect of buying a new engine. The Screwer started deleting, threads, etc. Names were called, arguments between attorneys and internet attorneys ensued, and the Screwer disappeared for a year plus. He just returned.

So the Screwer is allegedly has a scummy moral compass as well as defective cognitive abilities, probably got butt hurt for being called out on both accounts, and has since returned to reamplify his terrible qualities and ruin the Rennlist experience for the rest of us? Do I have it somewhat right?
Old 12-06-2017, 10:09 AM
dgi 07
Racer

So the Screwer is allegedly has a scummy moral compass as well as defective cognitive abilities, probably got butt hurt for being called out on both accounts, and has since returned to reamplify his terrible qualities and ruin the Rennlist experience for the rest of us? Do I have it somewhat right?

To maintain my diplomatic status, I have no comment to be made at this time.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Slakker
Race Car

Received 270 Likes on 124 Posts

Basically yes. He decided he could swap the IMS less expensively by creating his own “kit”. He only disclosed to the buyer that the IMS was replaced, not that it was replaced with a cheap piece of crap bearing that the manufacturer said would not work for this application. So when the bearing went out and the engine blew, he came back on to RL and started deleting all evidence of what he had done. Total pond scum.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:19 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Good lawd, I wake up, grab my morning coffee and come to RL to see that "good week" has been moved? LAWD have mercy!!! What happened?
Old 12-06-2017, 10:26 AM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Originally Posted by b3freak
Good lawd, I wake up, grab my morning coffee and come to RL to see that "good week" has been moved? LAWD have mercy!!! What happened?
Hall Monitors...AGAIN!
Old 12-06-2017, 10:27 AM
dgi 07
Racer

Alright boys....so we don't get this thread deep sixed as well, do you think I should replace the IMSB on my land rover as well. its got 108k on the original....wait, does it even have an IMSB?
Old 12-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Billup
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Slakker
Basically yes. He decided he could swap the IMS less expensively by creating his own €œkit €. He only disclosed to the buyer that the IMS was replaced, not that it was replaced with a cheap piece of crap bearing that the manufacturer said would not work for this application. So when the bearing went out and the engine blew, he came back on to RL and started deleting all evidence of what he had done. Total pond scum.
Suppose there's scum in every car sector, shame that he had to publicize his scumminess and ultimately **** someone else over full knowing what would happen. Karma is real, and waits for opportune moments however, only a matter of time.

Originally Posted by b3freak
We're a clique apparently, which is frowned upon. Now, please tell me about your IMSB woes to get back on topic!

Alright boys....so we don't get this thread deep sixed as well, do you think I should replace the IMSB on my land rover as well. its got 108k on the original....wait, does it even have an IMSB?
You should probably swap it out for the solution, and while you're in there it would be a really good idea to change the clutch, AOS, and RMS. Since it's an LR, I expect you to be in the ballpark of about $9,500 in repairs.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:29 AM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Wait...you actually bought a vehicle without knowing if it had an IMSB, much less if it had been changed!!!??? Seriously?

Quick Reply: Kicking off IMSBD Weekend Early