996 Gundo Hack

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Vimmer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 Gundo Hack

Hey everyone
Need some advice have a 2001 996C4...Does anyone know where to get the Gundo Hack done in Toronto or surrounding area? Will getting this done still pass emission testing? Are their any red flags on doing this?
Thanks
Old 08-24-2017, 04:38 PM
charlieaf92
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Vimmer
Hey everyone
Need some advice have a 2001 996C4...Does anyone know where to get the Gundo Hack done in Toronto or surrounding area? Will getting this done still pass emission testing? Are their any red flags on doing this?
Thanks
All of the re-routing takes place AFTER the catalytic converter, so I don't believe it will have any impact on emissions. In fact, if I understand the Gundo hack correctly, its essentially the same as the factory sport exhaust option without the off/on switch.

Cheers
Charlie
The following users liked this post:
ratso70 (04-05-2021)
Old 08-24-2017, 04:45 PM
texcwa
Racer

There are many many threads on the Gundo Hack as well as the Fister Mod. After reading many of them, I found that the Fister Mod had the best reviews and have them on my car now. Great sound while on the gas, quiet while cruising.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:50 PM
eaks
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I think theres a shop in toronto that does this mod for around $300.. Look on Kijiji as I was looking to get this done but didn't wanna ship my exhaust cross the country and back for the mod..
Old 08-24-2017, 04:53 PM
frisbee91
Three Wheelin'

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by charlieaf92
All of the re-routing takes place AFTER the catalytic converter, so I don't believe it will have any impact on emissions. In fact, if I understand the Gundo hack correctly, its essentially the same as the factory sport exhaust option without the off/on switch.

Cheers
Charlie
^^This

The hack will not affect emissions. Any good custom exhaust shop can do this with ease. They just need good stainless steel welding skills and the basic instructions.

There are two versions, one with a straight pipe between inlet and outlet, one with a curved pipe between one of the chambers and the outlet. Legend says the straight pipe version is louder.

Many online instructions can be found to show to your local exhaust welding expert. Here's one, but search around for others.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:38 PM
texcwa
Racer

Originally Posted by frisbee91
^^This

The hack will not affect emissions. Any good custom exhaust shop can do this with ease. They just need good stainless steel welding skills and the basic instructions.

There are two versions, one with a straight pipe between inlet and outlet, one with a curved pipe between one of the chambers and the outlet. Legend says the straight pipe version is louder.

Many online instructions can be found to show to your local exhaust welding expert. Here's one, but search around for others.
Yes, the two mods are different and most say that the Fister mod is the best thing they ever did to their car. Below are pics of the two. The 1st picture shows the Gundo Hack (left muffler, new pipe from can to exhaust tip), the 2nd photo shows the Fister Mod (new pipe from pipe into can to exhaust tip.
Attached Images   
Old 08-24-2017, 10:44 PM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by texcwa
Yes, the two mods are different and most say that the Fister mod is the best thing they ever did to their car.
+1 here, the sound is great.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:00 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 71 Posts

I took my mufflers to a guy in Guelph and got the Gundo hack done for $100. Sounds awesome no drone and only loud when hard on the gas.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 996 Gundo Hack