Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Swissman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New member

Hi everyone, I have just bought recently a TT prepared by Sportec of 516 HP and 77mkg, short springs Gemballa, the car with 74000km and I traversed 1500km without problem. Before I had one 993 C4 which gave me much pleasure but that I do not regret since I have this monster
0-60 3.9s
1/4 less than 12s
maxspeed 318 km/h

Old 10-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Swissman
Track Day

Someone would like to have an idea for the price of this car, i payed only 57000€ for it with new front brakes and 4 Pzero assimetrico like new
Old 10-13-2003, 05:25 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

What a beautiful car and a great deal. Enjoy all that horsepower... you make me envious!
Old 10-13-2003, 06:49 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

swissman I am swiss too! Although I have never been there
Last name is Guggenbuehl, our family is from a town named
Milan on Lake Zurich. There is only 20 of us in the USA. AND I
am the only TT owner that I know of in the Guggenbuehl family
here is the states. Of course mine is stock only 400Hp but more than
enough Nice car Swissman and nicer house if thats yours!
WOW!
Old 10-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Swissman
Track Day

Sorry Olguy but its not my house but if i would like and could have the money to buy it , should be impossible, its "le chateau de Breuteuil" at about 35km from Paris, a French state property but its not to bad, its like Versailles, every people rich or poor can visit this marvellous places. I m sur that you must have many Swiss cousins living in Switzerland having a Porsche, its really very popular here. My son is going to Boston with his scholl next week for 15 days, he wants to see the American cars
Old 10-13-2003, 07:30 PM
Swissman
Track Day

Originally posted by ca993twin
What a beautiful car and a great deal. Enjoy all that horsepower... you make me envious!
I love your wheels, i m looking for BBS gold or Silver or Black (nice with black color), but they are really expensive and i try to find some second hand choice

Old 10-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Pete K
Pro

HEY! Another Swiss here, Citizen and all. Born in Seattle but at least I have been there 3 times. Last name Kunzler. Doing a Yahoo search shows 200 of us but it does not show me so I guess it's not all that acurate.

Nice looking car, go enjoy it in Germany.

Pete
Old 10-13-2003, 08:36 PM
krish
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey I'm Swiss to.... Hang on I'm Indian, shucks... No worries! Nice car Swissman and fantastic spec! What year is it?
Old 10-13-2003, 08:51 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been known to eat Swiss cheese on my corned beef on rye. Does that count?
Old 10-13-2003, 09:01 PM
brian J
Instructor

Welcome fellow newbie. I am Irish originally from County Cork before emigrating in 95', now very grateful and privelaged to be a US citizen living and working here. I spent a year in Luzern as a student. One of the best years of my life, love the swiss beer especially Erdinger and Feldschlossen....
Old 10-13-2003, 09:29 PM
Swissman
Track Day

Many Nice Swiss citizen in this place, well living in the old Europe is not to bad but in my souvenir i remenber that American citizens were very cordial (Californian people) but its the same in any state
Old 10-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Swissman
Track Day

Originally posted by krish
What year is it? [/B]
first year built december 95 model 96, finally no difference with the 97 and 98
Old 10-13-2003, 10:03 PM
krish
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Swissman, You might want to check on the first gear shaft. It's been noted that our cars have a weak link here pre '96 which can result in them twisting with resultant gear whine in 1st. With your specs. it would be even more of an issue. That said, I think if you had 'soft' launches and only get on the hammer once the car is well and truly rolling you wouldn't face any problems. Brutal 1st gear launches from standstill would be a no-no even for a stock car. Do a search here on 1st gear, you'll see a lot of posts which will give you a clearer idea .

[QUOTE]I have been known to eat Swiss cheese on my corned beef on rye. Does that count?[/ QUOTE] A corned beef man huh Steve ? I knew you had class, Give me a corned beef on rye any day !
Old 10-14-2003, 04:41 AM
elemental
Advanced

oldguy: our family is from a town named
Milan on Lake Zurich

Hi Swissters,
I think you might mean 'Meilen' which is on the side of lake zürich
Milan is Mailand in german.
cheers
e
Old 10-14-2003, 05:11 AM
Swissman
Track Day

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krish
[B]Swissman, You might want to check on the first gear shaft. It's been noted that our cars have a weak link here pre '96 which can result in them twisting with resultant gear whine in 1st. With your specs. it would be even more of an issue. That said, I think if you had 'soft' launches and only get on the hammer once the car is well and truly rolling you wouldn't face any problems. Brutal 1st gear launches from standstill would be a no-no even for a stock car. Do a search here on 1st gear, you'll see a lot of posts which will give you a clearer idea .

I get no trouble actually and my conclusions are these one, thanks to Ran for his post:

TB993tt,

You have a good point. In fact, to further support your theory, I have HEARD that only very severe abusing actually causes problems which is why, in my post, I referenced the initial testing by car magazines and early buyers (car magazines wanted to see what the car was capable of and some great times were achieved on stock 96TT cars from what i recall.. in fact, these 0-60 times have, from what I can tell, not been bested even by stock 996TT cars though I could be out of date on this fact). My dealer says he rarely sees any car with this problem, 96 or 97. The emphasis of my post was that this so called gear issue was not worth looking into as long as the gear was not already damaged at purchase. In addition, I did not think that the design change, if any, was effective since, anecdotally atleast, I have heard of more 97 cars being affected.

Let me show you this curve, big torque has not yet affected my gears, i never use quick launch in first gear, this could maybe help for long life time

Quick Reply: New member