foreplay
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want one
Old 08-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

Awesome, congrats, enjoy. yeah the side skirts should go and sounds like it may cost a few thousand in paint work. get a quote from a local body shop that you know and trust and can check progress. The video reminded me of when I took delivery of my car. I like how you go to the 997 and then right back to the RUF.
enjoy and be careful as you know the boost comes on fast on these cars and then some on the RUFs...make sure your wheel is straight WOT. Enjoy!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations on a beautiful addition! You will love it! Nothing like owning a RUF! Make sure you drive it and take it on events etc... that's the real fun. :-)

I love and hate this thread. I am grateful I had a chance to own mine for the time I did. Greg has the beast now.

Greg, did John give you the pictures you posted of the conversion? I don't have those. Btw, DO NOT change out the exhaust. The aftermarket exhaust is the most incredible sounding exhaust on a 993tt I've ever heard. Many 993tt owners/techs have told me the same thing. The CTR2 is really just a modified Porsche exhaust... it's good to have and keep in the garage. ;-)
Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 AM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
God Bless and enjoy in excellent health. It's gorgeous.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:40 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

"1. Electronic rear view mirror drivers side, two of the 4 functions work, the side to side does and th up and down does not. Swtich to passenger side and all seems to work. Will diagnise it more tomorrow. Should I just fix or is now the time to change out the mirrors to maybe the tucked in RUF mirrors, but dont think they are auto?"

The switch may be an easy fix (not sure), but if you decide to go to the Ruf mirrors (no, they are not power), do it when you are doing the other paint-work... the doors will need to be repainted when the stock mirrors are removed. I love my Ruf mirrors, but criminey... I had to have half the damn car painted . I'm not sure I would have done it, had I known.

Congratulations on a fine example of a Ruf Turbo R.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:06 AM
marin77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Love the hard back sports seats! Reminds me of when I took delivery of mine 1 yr ago!

Hope to see you on the road soon!
Enjoy in good health!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:14 PM
993RUF
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Mick,

That white looks rich and rare, very elegant. Congratuations.

From what I've read.You won't slip on the slope, you'll surf the slope.

G
Old 08-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats Mick. I love the sound of your car - sounds familiar! What a special car - I really cannot wait to hear what you think about driving it.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Thanks for the good words all.... I wasnt able to spend as much time as I wanted with the car but went through a few things and need to add a few things to my list to make it perfect.....I know its an older car and it may never be perfect I need to get close....things I think that just happen with a older car... any recomendations, ideas on costs, fixes etc please advise.

1. Electronic rear view mirror drivers side, two of the 4 functions work, the side to side does and th up and down does not. Swtich to passenger side and all seems to work. Will diagnise it more tomorrow. Should I just fix or is now the time to change out the mirrors to maybe the tucked in RUF mirrors, but dont think they are auto?

2. Defog round **** on middle dash lights up but when pull out to activate it does not stay out, gets brighter as has been activated but when let go it sinks back in and does not stay out and stay activated... need to **** unit I believe.

3. Has aftermarket stereo, should I hunt down a stock factory Porsche CD player or just get something new etc as the one it it is an alipne but about qo years old etc....

4. The air side Gambella ducts I think need to go...some slight cracks and just see them causing issues diwn the road. I fear going to be a big expense but feel it maybe needed. They were actually installed into the body and then painted as if they are one with the body itself... going to get ugly removing I fear... any thoughts on what $ I maybe looking at to remove and paint etc?

5. New front shock(s) needed to keep hood up, slowly goes down when opened...

The above I think is really minor... The car sounds GREAT, looks amazing, interior seems quite clean, blue leather is darker then I thought which is a PLUS, seats are awesome. These HREs are really very nice running 325's in the rear! My rufs I am running 295's.... HRE's are very nice and we all know so much lighter then RUF wheels but still eager to get them on!

Well gotta run all, still cant believe its hear.... havent driven it yet as its not registered or insured etc...but hoping to get that done soon!
If you search this forum + 993 forum, guaranteed you will find DIYs or answers to your above questions, all are pretty minor issues. The amount of info available is amazing!

The older car will always have some issues vs newer models, but these cars are built like tanks and feel like they can be driven much harder IMO.

Check this link:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=66189

Personal preference on the radio, OEM def looks better but honestly to not have access to USB, bluetooth, Iphone plug in etc is a hassle for me since I use these functions.

Great DIY site from our fellow RL member too:

http://www.pcarworkshop.com/index.php/Main_Page

Enjoy!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Thanks again all... here are some more pics

Pardon the RUF wheel mock up, had to try as I cant wait to get them on... I have a feeling its gonna be in the bidy whop longer then I had hopes with removal of the rockers side skirts as they were added before aind and looks like bonded to the dam body, I am very nervous how this will play out...but anyways... also my 993tt rear wing deck lid will be in soon...

Other minor thing is the carbon fiber pieces seem to be the soft roll on kit and seems fake to me...I think it has to go... even the sill plate look to be metal but the carbon fiber overlay looks like a stick on set up...

well here are some others feel free to commet...
Attached Images     
Old 08-03-2012, 08:46 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default couple others

few more, pardon the RUF wheel mock up buy eager to get these on!!!!
Attached Images    
Old 08-04-2012, 01:07 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Personally, I would keep the rear deck, looks more 'Ruf'. I also like the wheels, give the car a very modern look, the ruf wheels seem almost dated in comparison(coming from a guy w a slant). But, man,I love your car!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:54 AM
Jae.S
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'nother nice Turbo R. Anyone know what rims are on these?

Old 08-04-2012, 12:03 PM
911RufRT
Banned

They are Ruf 3 piece modular wheels by OZ racing. I have these rims on my R Turbo and they require no spacers.

That Turbo R belongs to Leon in the UK and its actually painted white now plus he has a black CTR 3!
Attached Images   
Old 08-04-2012, 12:08 PM
911RufRT
Banned

Leons black CTR3 at the Ruf factory in Germany!
Attached Images        

Last edited by 911RufRT; 08-04-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: amazing car...RUF Turbo R