Sponsored by:

White/cashmere TT on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 01:35 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default White/cashmere TT on eBay

This came up on eBay today and the description is claiming the interior is all factory. It looks like a nice car but ...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=120931058183
Isn't that center armrest an aftermarket item by a company called 'Bird'? Seller is claiming that's a factory option. I have a factory carbon/aluminum package as delivered in my car and I have to say this stuff looks very different in quality and application. Most of it looks aftermarket to me but correct me if I'm wrong ... For example, the center console pieces around the switch plates should be completely covered in Carbon and I don't think the factory ever offered carbon air vent covers or seat control covers .. the only items that look like factory parts in the car are the shifter and ebrake and they don't appear on the option sticker either .. Seller is claiming that this was a 'special' car made up by Porsche North America for the 1997 New York Auto Show .. what do you guy's think?

Last edited by JPP; 06-13-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Agree and think those are aftermarket also. Will be interesting to see what this one sells for.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:58 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

^^^ Yeah .. I didn't even get into the price issue ..
I sent the seller some neutral questions about what was factory and what was aftermarket compared to the Option Sticker list .. and he responded with an extremely abusive email littered with misspelled words and almost unreadable sentence structure .. and he's the owner of the dealership there in Scottsdale mind you .. so I guess it's a 'sensitive' subject for him ;-)
Old 06-12-2012, 02:48 PM
993TurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 259 Likes on 113 Posts

My favorite one-of-a-kind "all original" special wishes car is this 964:

Old 06-12-2012, 11:54 PM
LT1
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Those exhaust tips are not "100%" original
Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 AM
e6tme
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I enquired about this car previously... when it was priced at 99K. They marketed it for a month, and then bumped the price to $105K! Their explanation? Supply and demand. That was nearly a month ago and it hasn't sold. I agree, this dealership is manned by a bunch of unprofessional jokers. The carbon is clearly a fake look overlay. There are nicer, lower mileage examples for sale for $10K less than what these idiots are asking. My guess is it sells in the high 70s in the fall.

Last edited by e6tme; 06-13-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:36 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by e6tme
I enquired about this car previously... when it was priced at 99K. They marketed it for a month, and then bumped the price to $105K! Their explanation? Supply and demand. That was nearly a month ago and it hasn't sold. I agree, this dealership is manned by a bunch of unprofessional jokers.
The owner John called me "a Jake *** and a Moran" in his internal eBay response to my question about his description of the factory options and the difference between that and the factory option code sticker shown in the listing. I kid you not .. you can't make this stuff up ..

If you just look at the list of options it was delivered with it's a bare bones car with drivers side lumbar adjustment .. that's it. It doesn't even have a disc changer in the trunk .. 1500 miles away from the 20K mile mark, I'd say this is an $80K car .. JMHO .. and then you're gonna have to remove all that crap in the interior ..
Old 06-13-2012, 12:40 AM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm losing my memory yes, but wasn't this car listed by NYCPorscheCollector on here few months ago. Not too many white/cashmere 993TT with under 20k miles.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:48 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

^^^ I think they're a middle broker that makes their living selling other peoples cars that are for sale elsewhere .. so if this car's on consignment, and you bought it through NYCPC then they would be taking a cut of the overpriced pie as well .. it's quite a pyramid system at that point.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:05 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

80k max, interior is a disaster, will take 5k to fix it.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:25 AM
B&W
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This same car was on ebay at the end of 2010 (listed several times with no sale at 69K) from a dealer in Arizona.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Interesting, but keep in mind the market has shot up significantly in the last two years on these cars. Like I said 80k max, prolly hi 70s is more like it given that the interior nullifies the low miles.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:45 AM
JFlow1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Truly horrendous interior bits...to claim that the car is a special edition really adds insult to injury.

~Jay
Old 06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JFlow1
Truly horrendous interior bits...to claim that the car is a special edition really adds insult to injury.

~Jay
Well .. to be fair, he's claiming a 'Factory Carbon/Aluminum Package' that includes the threshold covers with an 'Optional factory center arm rest' in print and then in an email to me he said that Porsche Cars North America had 'prepared' it .. I guess meaning they had added all this stuff to it themselves as dealer added factory options after it was delivered to the U.S. to show it at the New York Auto Show in '97 on the Porsche diaz.

That's when I said I didn't think any of the carbon on the dash and console were factory parts .. and that's when he REALLY got abusive .. It was pretty obvious he was blowing a smoke screen but a very interesting tactic when you're communicating with a potential customer at that point. I just said 'oh, ok, well good luck with your auction' .. but he wasn't about to be dismissed so he sent me another email with more misspelled derogatory names and insults .. he's a serious piece of work this guy.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:47 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

^^^ oh ... and what are those idiot lights or whatever that somebody has drilled into the center 'dummy' switch on the center console control cluster? Factory optional 'I can't drill in a straight line idiot lights'? I think we can add a new dummy switch and restore wiring to the pile of repairs .. and probably find the aftermarket alarm system or whatever that's hooked up to it and remove it as well ...

Quick Reply: White/cashmere TT on eBay