Sponsored by:

993 Turbo S Photos

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:10 PM
vrus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car.

I didnt even realize that you could order a Turbo S with Supple leather seats.

I thought they all came with Sport Seats by default when you chose the "S" package.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:25 PM
StoryBook
Advanced

Originally Posted by meliscu
Good points on the detailing and tint. I literally pulled it out of my garage and took the photos. I will have to look into the wheels. I have not changed them and I am relatively certain that they are the original hollow TurboS wheels. What makes you think they are not original?
The "S" hollow spokes came with a "ball polished" (Ferrari nomenclature) finish to them. Unless they were OEM painted to body color......... which some were, then that was the standard finish on the rims.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:33 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Now I remember this car, if I'm right, this car was purchased from Truspeed (this was before the accident) after the accident, the car showed up on e-bay and was missing the stock front CF cross bar and the ebayer selling the car did not disclose the rear end accident. The reason I passed on the car, was, I was leery of the missing CF cross strut bar that was part of the CF parts all TTS's came with. I would do some more research to ensure there wasn't any front end damage as it's nearly impossible to obtain a replacement Turbo S CF front strut cross bar.
Todd
Old 06-21-2010, 12:34 PM
sansh2o
Intermediate

I can't really tell from the pics whether the finish is correct, but instead of the Porsche shield, I believe the center caps should say "Turbo S..."
Old 06-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,406 Likes on 814 Posts

the wheels look to have the standard finish, but they may have just been repainted

some people (read: me) like the standard finish better, but its true that its not original.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:53 PM
meliscu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kuzi
The "S" hollow spokes came with a "ball polished" (Ferrari nomenclature) finish to them. Unless they were OEM painted to body color......... which some were, then that was the standard finish on the rims.
I have confirmed that these are the original Porsche wheels from the factory.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:00 PM
meliscu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toddturbos
Now I remember this car, if I'm right, this car was purchased from Truspeed (this was before the accident) after the accident, the car showed up on e-bay and was missing the stock front CF cross bar and the ebayer selling the car did not disclose the rear end accident. The reason I passed on the car, was, I was leery of the missing CF cross strut bar that was part of the CF parts all TTS's came with. I would do some more research to ensure there wasn't any front end damage as it's nearly impossible to obtain a replacement Turbo S CF front strut cross bar.
Todd
This car was never listed on ebay and not purchased from Truspeed. The original owner, also from Orlando, Florida, purchased it locally in July of 1997 for $193,000 (above I listed an incorrect original purchase price). I purchased the car directly from the original owner. The CG cross strut bar is original.

Bottom line, you are mistaking this car for another. I can assure you that the original owner would never advertise the car on ebay and would not consider "forgetting" to mention the accident.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:13 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by meliscu
I have confirmed that these are the original Porsche wheels from the factory.
I can't say for sure that no Turbo S ever came with those wheels, but I have never seen one with those center caps. And the finish does look like the non-S finish.

It is possible that the wheels are original but that they were refinished in the non-S finish and had their center caps replaced. If they damaged a wheel or lost a center cap, they may have had a hard time getting the original S finish and decided to go with the non-S look.

Unless you have an original window sticker or certificate of authenticity showing that they specialed ordered those wheels you'll have a hard time convincing people they came that way.

Anyway, it is questions like this that keep the market dopwn for the car in my opinion. If it looked like it was all original, you'd have a lot more eager buyers.

Last edited by 993TurboS; 06-21-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Added photo
Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 PM
meliscu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
I can't say for sure that no Turbo S ever came with those wheels, but I have never seen one with those center caps. And the finish does look like the non-S finish.

It is possible that the wheels are original but that they were refinished in the non-S finish and had their center caps replaced. If they damaged a wheel or lost a center cap, they may have had a hard time getting the original S finish and decided to go with the non-S look.

Unless you have an original window sticker or certificate of authenticity showing that they specialed ordered those wheels you'll have a hard time convincing people they came that way.

Anyway, it is questions like this that keep the market dopwn for the car in my opinion. If it looked like it was all original, you'd have a lot more eager buyers.

You make good points concerning the sticker - validation is always preferable to promises.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:04 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a close up picture of my TTS wheel, for what it's worth, I have heard of custom ordered TTS wheels, point in case, the recent sale of the Yellow TTS from RPM Sport Cars.

I had to order a new rear wheel about 3 years ago and it took 6 months and ran $1,100, however it was a perfect match.
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2010, 02:08 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks like engine stickers are present...

Quick Reply: 993 Turbo S Photos