Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one with experience of Rennline Camber Plates, Strut Brace, and rear Monoball Set

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:36 AM
malcolmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one with experience of Rennline Camber Plates, Strut Brace, and rear Monoball Set

Does anyone have experience with the Rennline Camber Plates, the Camber Advantage Strut Brace and rear Monoball Set as shown here:

http://www.rennline.com/departments1.asp?dept=8
Old 02-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I always call Steve at Rennsport Systems re. suspension stuff. He'll have your answer. GL
Old 02-25-2010, 01:02 AM
96_993TT
Racer

I just put these on my car on all 4 corners. Car is still in the air doing some other things. Should have it all back together in a couple weeks then doing a corner balance and alignment. I do have to say they look awesome. Easy install, I mounted them on PSS10's. The rears needed a separate hat from Bilstein (the hats that come with the rear PSS10's aren't compatible) and they were nutty expensive. So, hopefully it will be worth it. Also, if you order these the rear PSS10's require the 12mm step bushings and the fronts are 14mm. I had to order the rear step bushings after the fact since they thought they were 14mm like the fronts. The folks at Rennline were totally great to deal with and sent out the proper bushings right away free of charge.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:24 AM
malcolmd
Racer

Greg,
thanks for the 1st hand info.
I agree that they do look great! I started out looking at the strut brace, then saw the brace for the camber plates, then the camber plates and so on.....So easy to get suckered in one step after the next.
I'm running PSS-9s so I'll have to look into the hat and size of the step bushings. Contemplating setting the car up solely for the track so the camber plates might come in handy. (At least this is what I'm telling myself).
Old 02-25-2010, 03:17 PM
96_993TT
Racer

Malcolm, no problem. If you (or anyone else) decide to do the rear monoballs let me know and I'll post the part number for hats for the rear PSS10's. I'm pretty sure they would be the same for the PSS9's as well. I also have a name and number of the person I spoke with at Bilstein USA who helped me for those who are interested.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:06 PM
malcolmd
Racer

I'd be interested in that information and contact number. As stated I have PSS-9's but suspect this will still apply. I've sent Rennline am enquiry on the same issue. Can you post or PM me the info?
Thanks Greg.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:56 PM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Default oh dear!

Originally Posted by malcolmd
Greg,
thanks for the 1st hand info.
I agree that they do look great! I started out looking at the strut brace, then saw the brace for the camber plates, then the camber plates and so on.....So easy to get suckered in one step after the next.
I'm running PSS-9s so I'll have to look into the hat and size of the step bushings. Contemplating setting the car up solely for the track so the camber plates might come in handy. (At least this is what I'm telling myself).
oh me oh my...............it's too late now! Welcome to the fold of the forsaken Malcolm........do away with that wallet and that bank account, they are meaningless to you from now on!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Toby printed out his 993RS/EVO suspension bits from years back.

If dust and rain are present, one should really consider using the factory monoballs. They are fully sealed with dust caps top and bottom.

Running the lightweight aftermarket monoball kits are a short term solution for the street driven car. I'll dig up a picture from when I ordered a few sets.

Beware, many companies "say" that they have the genuine Porsche pieces that they are selling> in the end you get CNC plates and monoballs.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:15 PM
96_993TT
Racer

Originally Posted by Kevin
Toby printed out his 993RS/EVO suspension bits from years back.

If dust and rain are present, one should really consider using the factory monoballs. They are fully sealed with dust caps top and bottom.

Running the lightweight aftermarket monoball kits are a short term solution for the street driven car. I'll dig up a picture from when I ordered a few sets.

Beware, many companies "say" that they have the genuine Porsche pieces that they are selling> in the end you get CNC plates and monoballs.
Kevin- I was initially concerned about that since as you know, it rains a fair amount in our neck of the woods. The Rennline Camber/Mono's seem to seal out the elements pretty well. The fronts come with a "dust" plate and all the other holes are plugged so hopefully this will be enough to keep out the elements. Anyhow, good point to bring up. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:49 PM
malcolmd
Racer

Kevin: thanks for your tips. I'll search for Toby's post.
Greg: thanks for you e-mail.
Grant: I blame you for all this. Not to mention the up comming Easter weekend at Mt Panorama! Looks like 30 cars are coming down from Queensland!
Old 03-19-2010, 01:48 AM
96_993TT
Racer

OK. I just realized I forgot to post the info for the hats from Bilstein for the PSS10's. Sorry about that...

They're called a "Conical Spring Hat" and they replace the rear hats that come standard with the PSS10's.
Part number: E4-FT3-Z008A00 (the 0 are zero's)

I had spoken with Clarence in Tech Support. 858-386-5900 USA

No affiliation yada yada...

Quick Reply: Any one with experience of Rennline Camber Plates, Strut Brace, and rear Monoball Set