Sponsored by:

Another Dumb Question -- Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:33 AM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Another Dumb Question -- Turbo S

Was there a standard package for the Turbo S? I get the fact that they all had upgraded engines, standard aero bits, side intakes, etc. But did they all have the same interiors or were they like any other Turbo on the inside?

Obviously, I've never seen one up close
Old 01-22-2009, 11:44 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As with all things Porsche, there are always exceptions to the rules.

The Turbo S cars I have seen all share pretty much the same interior/exterior options, e.g: Leather covered everything, CF everything, CF strut brace, Alu dials, CF/ALu shifter e-brake etc etc. I've seen some with sport seats but most with standard seats. Most of the ones with standard seats have the 12-way powered seats and all I've seen are with supple leather. I get the feeling that this "all option" package is standard. I've yet to see a Turbo S with a "standard" interior..
Old 01-22-2009, 12:19 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon
As with all things Porsche, there are always exceptions to the rules.

The Turbo S cars I have seen all share pretty much the same interior/exterior options, e.g: Leather covered everything, CF everything, CF strut brace, Alu dials, CF/ALu shifter e-brake etc etc. I've seen some with sport seats but most with standard seats. Most of the ones with standard seats have the 12-way powered seats and all I've seen are with supple leather. I get the feeling that this "all option" package is standard. I've yet to see a Turbo S with a "standard" interior..

Eeew...supple leather...me no like supple leather It was kinda hard to find a car with Sport Seats or at least no supple when I was looking. To each his/her own, I guess.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:14 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The Turbo S had very few interior options and given this is my second TTS, here's the research I have with regards to the options:

CF steering wheel
Sport Seats (although an option, not a $ upgrade)
Digital Sound Package/CD changer
Deleted rear seats
Deleted sun roof
Console CD holder.

Todd
Old 01-22-2009, 04:01 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All Turbo Ss and GT2s for that matter post-1992 must pay homage to their father - The first and only Turbo S:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...g=&tabNumber=2

After the Geneva Salon in March 1992, Porsche customers were offered a forced induction 964 that could blow the pants off the regular Turbo. Known as the Turbo S, it was a pumped-up lightweight for those wanting the most extreme 911 money could buy. Just 80 were built, all of which were capable of 183mph and 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. They combined all the best bits from the normally aspirated RS and the aforementioned Turbo, plus a few trick parts unique to these cars. Ride-height was dropped, the suspension beefed up with stiffer springs and dampers and new ventilated brake discs combined with re-tuned ABS.

Inside, most of the luxurious fittings found in the regular Turbo had been junked. This included the seats, glass, electric windows, door trim, sound insulation, central locking and alarm. In their place, Porsche installed a pair of fire-proof Recaro buckets, thinner glass and carpet plus fabric looped door pulls. All in all, some 500lbs was saved. Several aero refinements were introduced for this car, these including a slim body-coloured fixed one-piece rear spoiler and intake scoops alongside the front indicators. More intake scoops were carved out from each rear wheelarch, lightweight composite being used for the front lid, engine cover and doors. Three-piece 18-inch Speedline magnesium wheels completed what remained the fastest 964 road car of all.
Everything else, save for perhaps the 993GT2, has been just as heavy as every other Turbo.
Attached Images    
Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Amen!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:12 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toddturbos
"The Turbo S had very few interior options..."

Todd, I assume you are referring to the actual interior options that you could chose from when ordering? There may not be many options on the sticker, but that is because more or less all options were standard (as far as I can understand). For example on the ROW 993TT later model years, it says nothing on the sticker about full leather interior and xenon headlights, that's because they were standard so eventhough the sticker doesn't say, the options are there. I am sure you are aware of this just wanted to make it clear to the OP because what you stated above might be confusing. I'd say just the opposite: The Turbo S had just about every interior option you can get, as standard that is. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, you always learn something!

Old 01-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Sprintrider
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Default TT s Interior

The S model I have seen up close has Aluminum dials, pretty much all the options but most noticeably it has carbon fiber dash both driver and passenger side as well as carbon fiber on the doors, carbon console with handbrake in carbon and aluminum.

The differences on the outside are more noticeable. I attached two pics from one I saw parked at the PCA concours held in The Sierra Nevada Region last year. Stunning car in pearl white.
Attached Images   
Old 01-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyScott
Was there a standard package for the Turbo S? I get the fact that they all had upgraded engines, standard aero bits, side intakes, etc. But did they all have the same interiors or were they like any other Turbo on the inside?

Obviously, I've never seen one up close
In answer to your question, there was a large list of turbo S specific interior items.
There were a few no cost option seat variations
The original sales sheet for the turbo S identifies them all.......

sales brochure Sweden > Australia - Anders rocks

.....and an interior photo for good measure
Old 01-29-2009, 03:58 PM
vdodici
Rennlist Member

The Turbo S could be optioned up with a number of "exclusives" like carbon steering wheel, offset stitching, digital sound, painted wheels, etc.. I've included the option sticker(I think it uploaded) from my 1997 Turbo S if you want to decode it...and it happens to be the pearl white one photographed at the Sierra Nevada concours. \https://rennlist.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Another Dumb Question -- Turbo S