Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:51 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbo S Wheels on Fleabay (?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem

Listing says Turbo S Wheels.

Do these look like Turbo S Wheels to anyone?
Old 05-10-2008, 12:43 PM
993 Guy
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

They may be, but since they were "refinished" I highly doubt that they still have the correct "S" pain applied to them.

They are just regular hollow spokes that have been repainted a I believe the only difference between "S" and non "S" is the polished look.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:54 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't know anything about the wheels, but I have dealt with and met the seller. Very nice and honest Porsche guy. The 997TT wheels that I recently sold came from him.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:10 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They don't look like Turbo S wheels.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:38 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have been listed for a while now. I don't see anything "S" with them. The paint does not seem to be the "hypersilver" turbo-s finish and the part numbers are same as standard hollowspoke. The price totally out of line. I wouldn't even pay half of the buy-it-now price. Just my 2cents..
Old 05-12-2008, 09:16 AM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 130 Posts

I have an extra set of original Turbo S wheels that I'd be willing to sell at that price. I'm not actively trying to sell them, but am just putting the info out there in case. I bought a new set (over $6k w tires)because the ones that were on the car when I bought it were not in a condition consistent with the rest of the car. They need to be refinished to be perfect, which would probably cost between $1000 and $1500.

Edit: BTW, no way those are S wheels in my opinion. Plus, they don't even have the S center caps, which cost quite a bit, too.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:26 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
I have an extra set of original Turbo S wheels that I'd be willing to sell at that price. I'm not actively trying to sell them, but am just putting the info out there in case. I bought a new set (over $6k w tires)because the ones that were on the car when I bought it were not in a condition consistent with the rest of the car. They need to be refinished to be perfect, which would probably cost between $1000 and $1500.

Edit: BTW, no way those are S wheels in my opinion. Plus, they don't even have the S center caps, which cost quite a bit, too.
Cool. Does your original turbo-S wheels have the same part numbers as the standard turbo hollowspokes? E.g is it just the paintwork that's different? Do you know if you can buy the turbo-s centercaps from porsche?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:37 AM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Cool. Does your original turbo-S wheels have the same part numbers as the standard turbo hollowspokes? E.g is it just the paintwork that's different? Do you know if you can buy the turbo-s centercaps from porsche?

I can check the part numbers when I go home. They are original TTS wheels, but don't know if Porsce put a different number on them due to the finish. And you can still get the center caps, but I don't think that those ebay wheels have the right finish anyway, so they wouldn't match. My extra wheels have the correct caps, since I replaced them, too.

Quick Reply: Turbo S Wheels on Fleabay (?)