Sponsored by:

LOS ANGELES DISMANTLERS = LA PORSCHE

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW: I have dealt with Leo twice in the last month. He is helpful and friendly. If you think a price is out of line, tell him what you would pay. At that point they/you can take it or leave it. Clearly they are trying to create a favorable experience, notwithstanding the experiences and expectations of some.

As to a business model - Looks as if there are 100 pcars (for all I know this could be off by 50% in either direction). Inventory cost plus staff costs plus facility plus all other expenses means that this is a serious business started by a young couple. While they have a responsibility to deliver what is ordered (short of a reasonable and mutual misunderstanding), the business isn't a dealership. Responsibility for appropriate price is on the buyer. If someone pays too much or more than dealer price, he/she sure as hell didn't accept that responsibility and do a little research first. And, yeah, I realize that $20K deals can exacerbate the probability of "reasonable misunderstanding." Still, I probably wouldn't pop for that amount casually, especially with low air fares (the facility is a $10 cab ride from BUR). My $0.02.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:33 PM
AHI
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called and ordered an ECU for the dismantlers... I was very clear that I wanted an ECU out of a 97 TT and they knew exactly what I wanted to do with it... they sent me an ECU that didn't work, and had the labels ripped off of it... I was very worried that I was scammed.

I called and told them about it, they took it back, at their expense and refunded all my money...

Quick Reply: LOS ANGELES DISMANTLERS = LA PORSCHE