Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The real 0-300 km/h ultimate true-hp test :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Jussi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The real 0-300 km/h ultimate true-hp test :)

So, I finally got my time to local airport today..

Forewords: Many of you know my car's powerlevel, some believe them, some don't..
but anyway, I just can say that my car is scary fast

Specs:
For that test, I removed window wipers.
Also little benefit was no-mirrors option (because of that Techart kevlar door project..)
Tank was almost empty, about 10 liters. So running weight about 1450kg.
I still use AWD and stock IC.
Outside temp was about 10 degree, pressure 1003hPa, huminity 70%.
I made soft start to avoid wheel spinning.
.. but lets get back to business, time was 22.34 seconds !!!
Old 09-16-2007, 03:48 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Absolutely stunning time, fastest accelerating 0-300kph 993tt on RL for sure

Do you have the AIT data log for the run ?

How many 0-300s do you think the engine/box could survive, at these levels you are REALLY bending stuff

EDIT: BTW running with so little fuel is VERY risky for your engine, a split second of lean condition and big pop.....
Old 09-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Stummel
Pro

Congrats! looks like a lot of fun.
did you go above 300kph?
how long was the available "track"?

how stable was the car?

10 liters of fuel is not much when going 300kph - do not take that risk.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Stummel
Pro

we are talking 650+ Ruf horses now! (see RT12)
Old 09-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Stummel
Pro

very interesting is that you are dead even with the RT12 up to 200 kph and above that you are accelerating faster than the RT12!!!

The removed whippers and mirrors are ok with the worse drag of the 993tt compared to the RT12.

That is truely amazing with the stock IC.
Imagine what the Secan would do...
Old 09-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by TB993tt

Do you have the AIT data log for the run ?

How many 0-300s do you think the engine/box could survive, at these levels you are REALLY bending stuff

EDIT: BTW running with so little fuel is VERY risky for your engine, a split second of lean condition and big pop.....
Thanks, yes my car feels very violant when accelerate

I couldn't do any more runs than one because I haven't windscreen wipers and washer installed and some bird hit my windscreen above 250km/h! The windscreen was covered with blood and feathers and I couldn't even see my braking mark (I put some own sign side to freeway, about 500m from end), so I braked very late and had few scary moments when pushing brake pedal and watching when trees were coming towards me..

Yes, I had my datalogging running.. IAT went again from 10 to 45 degree max. Exhaust temp was raised from 700 to 1050,
and at the end of acceleration in 6th gear ECU lowered boost from 1.3 to 1 also probably because of that too small and restrictive stock IC.

That 10 liters gasoline was a big risky, I now realised.
But fortunately my car's computer said that you have still 13km left at the end of test I think it was about 90km when I started..
Old 09-16-2007, 05:15 PM
biiig-hp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TB993tt
tb993tt I agree with you, but it all depends on how and what each person builds their car for. I don't know the whole build sheet on this motor but if all he intends to do is make the odd blast up through the gears, he may be alright for a bit. by the time his motor lets go he may have already gotten a few seasons out of his car and will have no problem taking it back for a rebuild. do I think a car of this power level with a stock I.C. would survive a lap around the ring,,,,,,,, no but that might not be what he built it for. Just the same great numbers Jussi
Old 09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by biiig-hp
.. I don't know the whole build sheet on this motor but if all he intends to do is make the odd blast up through the gears,..
My car has been done for street driving. It has very good power band. For example I could easily drive with 6th. gear at 1000 rpm and start to accelerate slowly.
It has good mid range torque - better than in stock. My turbos are GT2871Rs with smallest trim 48. These BB turbos spins very rapidly and they are perfect choice when target is 700hp level.

New better IC is in my wish list of course, but I just wait something cheaper than Secan..
Old 09-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by Stummel
Congrats! looks like a lot of fun.
did you go above 300kph?
how long was the available "track"?

how stable was the car?

10 liters of fuel is not much when going 300kph - do not take that risk.
Thanks,
Max speed was 317 and that took 29.7 sec and 1850 meters.
Length of that airport is official 2351 meters.
The car was quite/enough stable now because that airport lane is very flat and wide (60m).
Old 09-16-2007, 05:42 PM
biiig-hp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jussi
New better IC is in my wish list of course, but I just wait something cheaper than Secan..
Have you called Todd Knighton. I've never tried his IC's but they're fairly good from what I hear.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:43 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Impressive accel!! The long accel shows what looks to be wheel spin in second gear?? Or did you experience some engine coughing?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Impressive accel!! The long accel shows what looks to be wheel spin in second gear?? Or did you experience some engine coughing?
I tried to start that run nicely without useless wheel spinning but yes, there was a spinning with first and second gears. I remember that car went little sideways with that 2nd gear..

Yep, I (and you) was right, I checked lat G from that run and almost whole 2nd. gear lat G was 0.16 left..
Old 09-16-2007, 07:57 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Yes, I had my datalogging running.. IAT went again from 10 to 45 degree max. Exhaust temp was raised from 700 to 1050, ..
Can you do one of those great charts you do with the AIT going up to 317kph please ?
and at the end of acceleration in 6th gear ECU lowered boost from 1.3 to 1 also probably because of that too small and restrictive stock IC.
You need to get the ECU tables from your Motronic tuner, (like the ones I posted of my engine) which detail the temperatures at which the timing and boost are pulled and by how much.

With my tables if the ECU pulled 23% of the boost then the timing would already be at maximum retard, but that occurs (on my engine) at ~80DegC not the 55 you are reporting

The tables will tell you exactly what the ECU is doing in realtion to the important AIT and may help prolong your engine life
Old 09-16-2007, 11:16 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,222 Likes on 598 Posts

That is absolutely fantastic. I don't even think the yellowbird is that fast
Old 09-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Sincere congratulations Jussi. This is outstanding.

What is impressive more than the numbers is that the stock intercooler would keep heat soak away for so long. I could understand shorter runs but this is beyond anything I could have imagined. I also have no experience in running at your temperatures which does make a difference. 35 degrees differential on my car would put my IATs at 75 degrees with our ambient temps

I guess you are not or you would have mentioned it, but are you using any sort of cooling on the IC?
Other than no mirrors, no windshield wipers, anything else helping aerodynamics?

I have never tested a 0-300kph in a 993TT but any calculation shows me that the drag on these cars will make them rather slower at high speeds than their newer siblings, yet your car runs about the same acceleration than an RT12 from 100-200kph, but later asolutely decimates it. Between 200-300kph (124-186mph) it is taking you 2.5 seconds less almost than an RT12 (about quarter of a mile?) whereas logic says it should be the opposite.

I am trying to understand out of interest, since the numbers are there for sure!

Eclou, the Yellowbird does a 0-300kph in 28 seconds or so, this car would put more than half a mile on it to that speed. The RT12 does it in 25seconds, this one in 22.3s..Imagine how much faster it is.

The only concern you should have is heat, engine stress and gearbox at those levels of boost/torque, regardless of the quality of build, it will destroy itself if you keep using it this way, which I hope you will not.

Congratulations.

Quick Reply: The real 0-300 km/h ultimate true-hp test :)