Sponsored by:

vrus - can you comment on this ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:52 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts
Default vrus - can you comment on this ?

I remember the guy from Canada who vrus seemed to know quite well. He made some pretty outrageous hp claims on tt engines using some sort of "voodoo cold fusion thingy" which I never really really understood - reading the spec of the new 997 GT2 engine, it reminded me of what this guy was doing.
Here is an extract from the press release, is it anything similar to the Canada guy's stuff or did I completely miss the principle ?
The expansion intake manifold uses the principle of oscillating air in the intake manifold during the cooler expansion phase, keeping the temperature of the fuel/air mixture lower than in the 911 Turbo. This, in turn, means a significant increase in all-round efficiency, with fuel consumption down by up to 15 per cent under full load despite the increase in engine output.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I think you're referring to https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/243055-isn-t-this-the-same-guy.html and https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/155788-adiabatic-engine-technology.html
Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

And another link http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...06/017416.html
Old 07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
vrus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Al's company is doing well... It went public last year.. I was one of the original seed investors from back in January 2004.

Here is a link to his original patent documents: http://69.17.158.20/vrus/adiabatic_engine/adiabatic.htm

Al's company (CET) has been in talks with several auto makers, government, and race teams to put his technology into their engines. I am not sure if Porsche is one of those companies or not. If you Google "CET" and "Solaroli" you will find a tonne of info.. I know they signed a big contract with Fountain Race Boats. They increased the power in those engines quite significantly by converting them over.

I know that when I originally posted this information a few years ago there was alot of skepticism but his technology really does work and has been running in his own car for many many years.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

So does the 997GT2 system work along the same principles, it seems to from what I can understand
Old 07-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 399 Posts
Default now a penny stock

the one year chart on this stock does not look very healthy. especially for a company with such great new technologies. high of 3.50 now at .07 ...am I missing something?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
vrus
Racer

it sounds similar to the concept that Al explained to me that occurs in the intake manifold.. The other side of it is the shape & style of piston rings and a few other things. He always said to think of it as the same principal that an aerosol can works on... I dont understand the thermodynamics theory myself so I am not sure if what Porsche is implementing is of the same concept.

Maybe someone a little more technical can reply with their thoughts.

Originally Posted by TB993tt
So does the 997GT2 system work along the same principles, it seems to from what I can understand
Old 07-23-2007, 03:37 PM
vrus
Racer

Typical for a company that reverse-merges onto the exchange.. Lots of people shorting the heck out of the stock when they went public..

Its been quiet now for a while because some things happening in the background.. alot of the stock is tightly held now so there isnt too much movement.

Just watch it and keep an ear open for the letters CET..

Originally Posted by Turbodan
the one year chart on this stock does not look very healthy. especially for a company with such great new technologies. high of 3.50 now at .07 ...am I missing something?

Quick Reply: vrus - can you comment on this ?