He can give you enough power...

MK
X2.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:03 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Said goodbye to everyone at Andial today. Went for a final checkup and they told me the car needed nothing and there was no charge for about an hour's work. Classy crew to the end! Met JJB there and engaged in some felonious horseplay on the tollway. I drove and he rode, for some reason he's a bit gunshy about speeding lately. ;-)
Old 10-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I received a nice glossy color letter from Andial today in the mail stating that it was a rumor that they were going out of business and they are very much open for business. It was signed by the three principals of the business - Dieter Inzenhofer, Arnold Wagner, and Pete Sanchez.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:17 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading Geoffrey's post.
I typed in their web address and,
Behold, their website is still up.
http://www.andial.com/
Plus there's an updated picture of the outside of their shop.
Too bad I'm on the East Coast.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:29 PM
red993tt
Racer

I 'll be very happy if they are still in business.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:05 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

This is really a shame. When I decided a few years ago that the stock 408 hp wasn't enough I contacted them about their factory 450 hp kit. All my contact with them was via v-mail and they couldn't have been nicer in answering all my questions and concerns. They wanted to make sure I understood what this kit was - and wasn't. Basically they didn't want to oversell it. Class guys.
Now I've decided 450 hp isn't enough and am having Steve Mc Hale (another class guy) at JZ Machtech in London add a "few more", along with some suspension upgrades.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:46 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

I'm pretty sure that's the picture of their old shop, but they are still doing parts i think.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:37 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

I was at Andial yesterday, they're at a new location across from the Fountian Valley post office. Dieteris no longer doing service work but their still building engines, gear boxes and parts. I saw a cool 3.5 slide valve thats going into...opps can't say.

One of their customers happens to be an AMG exec who's having Dieter build his race motor for a 914 he races in Deutchland. You'd think he could find a engine builder in Germany so it's a testiment to their reputation worldwide. Their envolvement is pretty much for long time customers or parts.

Jimmy aka the fugitve
993 tt 3.8 twin plug completly stock
A bunch of AMG's
Old 10-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=JJayB]Their envolvement is pretty much for long time customers or parts.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:07 PM
PorscheMD
Racer

I just got the same letter Geoffrey spoke about.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 348 Posts

The Andial letter was posted here on Pelican today.

here is a copy
"To our customers,

Contrary to widespread rumors that ANDIAL is no longer in existence, we like to state that we are very much alive and are still pursuing the service of supplying those parts that have been our specialty for the last 30 years.

ANDIAL is still a major supplier of Mahle Sport Pistons & Cylinders with many special applications for the air-cooled Porsche engines.

Big Bore Kits for Street or Racing applications are our strength, and our service includes being able to supply - in most cases - that single broken piston and have rings available separately.

For a complete listing of our current Mahle program, visit our website at www.andial.com or contact us by phone or fax.

In addition, we are still the source for fuel enrichments, signal splitters, twin-plug distributor conversions, RSR cap & rotors and much more.

Also, special application camshafts, valve springs, intercoolers for all air-cooled turbo motors, turbochargers, wastegate boots and 1 Bar springs, boost and temp gauges.

We'd like to thank you for your business in the past and hope that we can continue to assist you now and in the future.

Dieter Inzenhofer, Arnold Wagner and Peter Sanchez

Andial Performance Parts
17150 Newhope St., Suite 1005
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 957-3900 tel
(714) 957-9332 fax
www.andial.com
sales@andial.com"
Old 10-21-2006, 02:02 AM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

It is sad to see them go, but they are still open in a parts/support capacity. At my shop we are caught in the middle of this, as we have a customer who has an Andial 3.8tt who just blew his engine at the track! So we are gonna rebuild the top end of the engine, but they can still supply parts and they asked that we send them the heads/cylinders for analysis. I have not spoken with them personally but I know they have been very helpful and prompt in assisting us with the 3.8tt engine and with another customer w/a 930 that needed parts for his fuel enrichment kit recently.

But while we are on the subject and since several of you guys have this 3.8tt conversion (lucky bastards!) I want to emphasize that you update the ECU to the latest Bosch version!!! Apparently Andial sent a letter out to all the customers who have this engine a few years back stating that when most of the conversions were done they used a different ECU (company name was something German that started with a T, can't think of it right now). This ECU was the technology available at the time, but since then they have developed the superior Bosch version. The letter mainly talked about the difficulty in passing smog w/ the old ECU, but the head tech at my shop told me that Andial told him that the old ECU is not safe on 91 octane, especially for track events and that is probably the main reason or customer blew chunks out of the # 2 and 3 heads/cylinders. Oh yeah combined w/ the fact that by nature the 102 mm barrels/heads have a ridiculously thin sealing area, especially when you have 600 turbocharged hp!!!! I think our customer either didn't see or ignored the notice Andial sent, they faxed us the copy of the letter they sent him, who knows. . . . anyway once again make sure you have the right ECU 3.8tt guys, here are some warning pics!!!

---

Chris Andropoulos
Schneider Autohaus
Santa Barbara, CA
Attached Images   
Old 10-21-2006, 02:54 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 305 Likes on 211 Posts

If you look closely at the bottom of the cylinders, you can see the oil leakage. The heads have had movement and have lifted. Clearly the case for one installing ARP head studs.

Chris you stated the fueling with crappy 91 octane, but I don't see damaged plugs.. Please post pictures of the pistons (ring lands) for evidence of detonation.. I can't tell from the picture due to the glare, if the piston surface is sandblasted.

Running a combination of high boost and high head temps, on thin 102mm cylinders will warp the head in this place shown everytime.. You need to weld these heads.. EVO flamerings need to be installed. Shoot, the owner of this engine is looking at $1,600 for each new head.. And $4,500 in piston and liners..
Old 10-21-2006, 03:08 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

so are you saying that this in an avoidable or unavoidable consequence?
Old 10-21-2006, 03:30 AM
Jay993turbo
Instructor

Andial didn't weld the heads on their 3.8 engines? Did they deem welding as not necessary for street engines? I thought they would have included this in their package.

Quick Reply: Andial Closing