Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ruf Market $$

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 04:08 PM
GuyR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, would have loved to have done so. Let me know next time you are coming over to Europe. I went to Essen on the 3rd Dec from memory, it was my second year in a row and I'll probably make it an annual trip.

I don't know if your car is expected to be finished in March, but if it is then there's a great event that myself and some friends have just booked on at the Nurburgring. It's a two-day trackday run by the English company RMA. It is an exclusive trackday, as they hire the whole circuit so there is no public traffic and no bikes, just people in decent cars who have some knowledge of how to drive on track i.e. they look in their mirrors. RMA is the most prestigious operator of trackdays from the UK which means there are some very nice cars in attendence from England such as F50, F40, CGT and many 993 GT2s, RSs etc etc

link is here if you or anyone else on here is interested:

http://www.rma-limited.com/overseas_nurburgring.php

Guy
Old 01-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Ruf-Dan-Ruf
Racer

Mines still for sale . RUF VIN BTR2 but it is right hand drive, and down under in NZ

Might drive it today ... first time in a couple of weeks ... it might have some cobwebs that need blowing out
Old 01-13-2006, 06:56 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daniel....isn't your BTR2 RHD?
Old 01-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Ruf-Dan-Ruf
Racer

That's what I said above?? "right hand drive" = RHD

I drove it out the garage so far this morning. Hope to make it a bit further this afternoon. .... I sat in it for 5 minutes in the driveway with the motor running lol.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:25 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guy, I would like to think my car will be ready by then but as RUF is a small company some projects take longer than they would at a local dealership.

I am having the suspension replaced, the transmission rebuilt and regeared and a complete engine rebuild and every hose and wire that may wear replaced as well.

So far the suspension is reassembled and the engine is partly reassembled we are waiting for the new turbos. The transmission has not been started on yet. After it is all assembled and corner balanced etc. there is still the road testing to be done.

I am planning to go to the F1 in Monaco at the end of May, I expect the car to be ready by then and maybe a little before but not in anther 8 weeks.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:23 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GuyR...that sounds awesome. Just out of curiosity what does it cost to participate in something like that? Its fantastic to get the plonkers off the circuit...and a lot safer.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:57 AM
GuyR
Racer

Lat,

I know about the potential uncertainty, but they have always been very fast when my car has been there for various upgrades and work. It certainly sounds like your car will be like new when it returns, I'd love to meet up to be able to compare it, as I've experienced (and driven) CTR and RTurbo, but never been in a CTR2. I'm sure we can sort something out whenever you are over.

Guy
Old 01-14-2006, 10:01 AM
GuyR
Racer

Originally Posted by LA964RS
GuyR...that sounds awesome. Just out of curiosity what does it cost to participate in something like that? Its fantastic to get the plonkers off the circuit...and a lot safer.
All the details are on their site on the Diary Section, it's £595 which is quite exoensive, but it's not cheap to hire the whole Nurburgring Nordshleife for two days and only share it among 120 cars. Even if every car was on track simultaneously there will be a 200m gap between cars on average, in reality since you cannot realistically drive solid all day, the average gap between cars is more like double that or more...........

It's the absence of bikers thats the best bit, they are dangerous when mixed with cars and never look in their mirrors.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:55 PM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 347 Likes on 99 Posts

I gave up going to public days at the 'ring 10 years ago. Prior to RMA Wheeltorque organised track days in a similar vein to RMA.

After being on these days at the 'ring twice or three times a year for the last 10 years there really is no other way to drive this circuit in anger without the concern of a biker having fallen of or a slow moving vehicle being over the next blind crest/corner.

Only problem is the weather at this time of year, on one such trip we had to dig our cars out of 6 inches of snow one morning!
Old 01-14-2006, 07:18 PM
GuyR
Racer

Originally Posted by RS Clubsport
I gave up going to public days at the 'ring 10 years ago. Prior to RMA Wheeltorque organised track days in a similar vein to RMA.

After being on these days at the 'ring twice or three times a year for the last 10 years there really is no other way to drive this circuit in anger without the concern of a biker having fallen of or a slow moving vehicle being over the next blind crest/corner.

Only problem is the weather at this time of year, on one such trip we had to dig our cars out of 6 inches of snow one morning!
JC,

You going in March with RMA? Henry and I are both booked.

Guy
Old 01-15-2006, 05:55 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 347 Likes on 99 Posts

Booked for March Guy, 2 x 993 GT2's plus a 993rs and 964rs going. See you and Henry there.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:27 AM
GuyR
Racer

Originally Posted by RS Clubsport
Booked for March Guy, 2 x 993 GT2's plus a 993rs and 964rs going. See you and Henry there.
Great - now lets hope the snow has cleared by then, 2005 was a very long winter!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:26 AM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jens - we need more pictures. I am not familiar with "CTR-89," so can I assume it is a CTR, from 1989? Specs? You have to put more info up here, part of the deal!
Old 10-11-2006, 02:27 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Jens,

Dang that car is pretty. Ditto on the request for some information and more picutes!
Old 10-15-2006, 12:26 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Why do the good ones have to be so friggin' far away?! And that RHD BTR is lovely, but it is RHD... Ought to command a premium in England, etc, no, though obviously the distance is a wee bit of an issue for most people?? I know RHD 993RSs certainly do over there.

Quick Reply: Ruf Market $$