Old 10-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

K24 you posted

How are you going to control the load on the center diff? I know of two people that had them burn out after running on a dyno dymanics (front and rear not linked). That is one advange the mustang has over some others.

You most likely re-read my opening statement, however, I am reprinting your question/statement due to the fact that I did hear of rumors of this happening to the Dyno Dynamic dyno but I could not get in contact with the car owners.. Regardless, the Mustang dyno is the only dyno that I would strap a 4 wheel drive Porsche on without risk of damage..

Yes, I will publish data... The time on the MAHA didn't have any stock baselines for comparison.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:48 PM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin

I did reread you original post and found that you will be using it in the 2wd mode. I overlooked that and since then edited my post.

Althought you do not have a baseline for the MAHA it would still be interesting to see the shape of the power curve. During decel the MAHA should have measured drivetrain losses so we should have pretty accurate flywheel numbers. Marc (at AMS) has been able to duplicate OEM quoted HP levels very closely due to that feature.

I applaud your purchase as this will really help future development of turbos.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Ruf-Dan-Ruf
Racer

Good choice Kevin, Thanks for supporting the New Zealand economy. These are manufactured 400 meters from my house. I know the team well and have dyno'd many cars at the factory with them.

If you ever have any support issues and need me to go crunch some heads just let me know (jokes)

My first Porsche, a 944 Turbo, dyno'd on the first Dynopack ever made and had 208HP at the wheels. I still have the sheet somewhere. That Dyno was still in use 10 years later up until a couple of years ago when the owner upgraded it to a 4 wheel drive version. Not sure where it is now but for what it's worth the life span on their product looks good.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Daniel, 400 meters.. If I would have known I would have let you go check out the unit while they were building it. The build quality is top notch!! The welds and the fabrication are very good. The customer service has been really good so far..
Old 10-03-2005, 12:36 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Excellent! What fun this will be. Thanks for sharing too. It gives some vicarious pleasure for we desk-bounds.

Quick Reply: It's like Christmas.. My new dyno is up and running