Sponsored by:

Does anyone know this TT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 11:15 AM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Does anyone know this TT?

I think this TT was on eBay before but thought I would post it for people to see anyway. Has a lot of carbon fiber in it and the sport seats. Not sure about the huge stereo speaker in it. Does anyone know it or has anyone seen it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Old 04-25-2005, 01:04 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Isn't this the turbo that one of the rennlisters drove and gave feedback on? . I will try to find the thread. He said the guy was selling it for his brother and the car had quite a few issues
Old 04-25-2005, 01:11 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Ploglet:

You are subscribed to this old thread, this is the car that everyone was talking about gernade parts....

I copied the rennlist reply about the car, thanks to Jonathan:

survey says - "no way, Jose"...

The Army/Navy store owner is the brother of the owner. Apparently, the brother is quite loaded and asked his brother to take care of selling the car for him. The car has been used heavy, and put away "wet" so to speak. In defense of the owner, he was a really nice guy and was up-front that the car was not perfect. I would say that it is a 5-6 out of 10.

Cosmetics - Interior pretty worn, undercarriage very dirty. Lots of aftermarket stereo and CF stuff. Yes it got "keyed" at some point and was repainted. It looks great and was done by a PCA body/paint nut in the area named Dan Butz at German Technologies....his reputation is impeccable with these cars, so that part is fine.

Drive - Pretty rough. CEL is lit and the owner doesnt know why. First 10 minutes of the drive, lots of stuttering. Once warm, that seemed to stop. However, this car didnt drive like other 993tt's that I have driven. It didnt feel a lot faster than my 993 S, which I know to be incorrect. When I have driven previous 993tts, they really pull hard even from lower RPM. With this one, it was like hitting a tail wind at about 4200 RPM. I know that its a turbo and turbos kick in, but this was unlike what I have felt previously. There was absolutely no power to speak of prior to 4200 or 4500 RPM, then a quick kick to the redline, but not so strong that I was left giggling like previously.

Bottom line, very nice owner who was honest about the car... not trying to trash the car or anything, but I think something could be wrong with the performance. $50k would be the absolute max I would give for the car, and probably not that much.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:37 PM
ploglet
Pro

Thanks. I thought the car looked familiar. I called and spoke to the owner. The owner told me that the turbos had been rebuilt about 6 months ago but from reading the previous post, there must be something wrong with the car. I think this a car to steer clear of as it doesnt sound too "truthful".
Old 04-25-2005, 02:13 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I find it funny too that Cor2nir is bidding on it, having just begged to sell his like 2 weeks ago.
wierd just plain wierd.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:19 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I find it funny too that Cor2nir is bidding on it, having just begged to sell his like 2 weeks ago.
wierd just plain wierd.
Yea I saw that too Paul...Remember he said he was selling his because he needed the funds for his companies exansion or something like that.....very interesting, he might just be a dealer...
Old 04-25-2005, 02:20 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I did not trust him much -looks like my feelings might have been well founded.
I worried about a Rennlister gettting a headace with that car.
JR looking forward to this Weekend!!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:50 PM
ploglet
Pro

Yeah it seems likely that the guy "Corey" is a dealer as he just bought a Corvette off of eBay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4541963440. I spoke to him about the turbo that he was selling and he didnt have much information on the car and had only had it for like 2 months. Sure seemed like a nice car but he was not the poerson to buy the car from. The same goes for the turbo I listed at the beginning of this post.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:54 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Good thing we look out for one another here. Id be scared to buy a car without everyones help here on Rennlist!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:35 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait a minute! You mean I can't believe everything I read on the Internet? I'm so disappointed.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

Paul and JR,

You guys are real winners first trash talk my car then me. Wow too much time on your hands. Why don't you guys grow ***** and call me and talk to me instead of trashing me on a Porsche website. You guys just assume don't ask questions. Yes I did finally complete my investment. Yes I am bidding on another turbo. You know that thing that is called bidding on cars that you like but you know its out of the picture well I did just that. I bid what i could currently afford for a car since I just sold my Bmw X5 as well and I'll see what happens. If you guys care what I bid call me and I'll tell you. I don't think I'll get the car for what I bid but if I do, I'll tell you this its the same price I sold my 02 Bmw X5 for. So guys if you want to keep ripping go ahead I don't care its just an internet set but when I get out to California you guys are toast.

All the best,

Love,
Corey
Old 04-25-2005, 04:57 PM
bdhill
Advanced

Default Silver 993 with yellow belts and calipers

a car, which has to be Corey's, is for sale at a place called Premier; don't think it is the premier that is selling 993tt for high 70s. Anyway, it is on ebay with a buy it now of $63,900. Strange huh?
Old 04-25-2005, 05:22 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Corey it was just wierd thats all now its cleared up

Last edited by OldGuy; 04-25-2005 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

East coast vs. West coast Rennlist beef....where does AK fit in? I think OG has access to tomahawk missiles and drinks beer w/Navy Seals so I want to be on his team.....
Old 04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
AGC
Racer

Cor2nir,

Here is a thread that you posted asking for help for a friend who is looking to buy a 2001 C4 from Chicago that you need some one to look at
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/197995-check-out-a-car-in-chicago.html

Then here is one of you trying to sell a car for a (different or same) friend, who owns a dealer that you are part owner of.
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/199799-f-s-2001-porsche-911-c4.html

Now, do you see why people are beginning not to trust you

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this TT?