Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know this TT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:04 PM
strato58
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

I like the color but am not too keen on the sunroof delete. I guess its a good thing if your tall but I like a sunroof. It looks like a very clean car though.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

I have 97 TT with sunroof delete...also no rear wiper and storage in place of rear seats
Old 04-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow you guys are nosey. Its ok though I don't mind answering questions. Alright I own a small percentage of a dealer basically so I can drive cars and not have to pay property and sales tax. I do not work for the dealer nor do I sell cars. The reason my 993TT had to go was for an invesment property as I stated before. I got 60K plus for my car which was just enough to close my deal. As you guys probably don't know I like to pay cash for stuff not literally but you know what I mean if I have the money in the bank and can afford it, I'll buy it, if I dont then I shy away from it as I don't like to get loans or etc. For instance I purchased a house here and got a mortage. I then decided I don't want a house payment anymore since the prime rate keeps going up so I decided to just pay it off and I like it that way. I like trying to live life loan free. I will give you this very hard to do with all these incenitive financing and stuff. I actually am selling my small percentage of the dealer back to the other two owners so I can invest more and hopefully do well. As I told you before I probably won't be able to get back into a 993TT for around a year or so. But as I told Paul, I did sell my X5 recently so I might be back in a 993 Cab or coupe. I am actaully very interested in Robert Collins old car that Mike in Nashville owns now. Now as far as put the 993TT back into inventory it was a great idea and I did think about it but my partners always try to keep in as many cars as possible and they max their credit lines a lot, so I did not really have that option. If you guys or girls ever need any help in buying cars or want me to find out what they are going for at auctions. Let me know I will be more then happy to help you out. By the way I looked at recent auction back east and the 993TT's are still doing very well a 1996 with under 6k miles went for mid 70's. Let me know if there are any more questions or concerns. Lets help these guys find some nice turbos. So I can try to buy it off of them in a year or so.

Corey
Old 04-28-2005, 01:07 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys Honestly after talking to Corey he is an agrressive youngster. He is doing what I would have liked to have the guts to do when I was his age. He has a bazillion irons in the fire and its hard keeping details straight. I think he learned a lesson about being completely forthright here and I learned a lesson about jumping on someone early in my haste to protect my fellow Rennlisters. He has come as clean as he knows how to do. I think thats all we can really ask.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:19 PM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Fair enough. Lets move on with the posting.... After all the nice weather we have had here in Colorado the past few weeks, I now have 8 inches of snow out there. I just got the TT cleaned and now it is going to be all dirty again. Love this Colorado weather...
Old 04-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

ploglet....man, you need to move to Alaska...roads all dry & clear here.................and the TT really impress the moose....
Old 04-28-2005, 05:26 PM
ploglet
Pro

Marc, yeah I am sure it is nice and sunny up there. I spent 5 months off the Kenai pennisula fishing some years back. It is an amazing place for sure. Enjoy all your sunshine hours you are going to be getting. I am sure I will still be stuck in a foot of snow. Still snowing at the house right now....sucks.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

Jason,

Just wondering so you own a 993TT now and you are looking at getting another one. Thats awesome. Do you want one for the track and one for the street or? Just curious. I will keep my eye out for you. BTW a dealer buddy of mine is buying a 1997 Blk/Blk 993TT with 64k Miles on it and tons of mods and etc and its very clean if your interested let me know and I'l put you in contact with him. Let me know what your looking for and I can make some calls and see if I can help you find the right TT

Corey
Old 04-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cor2nir
BTW a dealer buddy of mine is buying a 1997 Blk/Blk 993TT with 64k Miles on it and tons of mods and etc and its very clean if your interested let me know and I'l put you in contact with him. Let me know what your looking for and I can make some calls and see if I can help you find the right TT
Corey, is this the same dealer which you have some interest in or just another dealer friend?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

Viken,

Don't worry its not the dealer I have an affillation with. Its a dealer guy I know in chicago who gets in usually 1 993 every month either Turbo or coupes usually. Its just a little heads up.

Corey
Old 04-28-2005, 11:26 PM
ploglet
Pro

Yes I have a TT right now that I drive on a fairly regular basis. It has some miles on it and I was looking for something that didnt have as many miles on it. That was why I was interested in yours. I liked yours a lot but the one thing that detered me was the blue interior. I would like silver/black if possible. I thought I would get something with a little less miles on it and turn the higher mileage car into more of a track car. I have a potential line on an arena red one here in the Boulder area that is pretty well setup. We will see. Just keeping my options open. If the right car comes along then it will be an easy choice.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:48 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Let me interject my opinion.

Viken is right. Rennlist Members may post their personally owned cars on Rennlist anytime. Corey, I will ask you, as Viken has - to stop posting your friends cars for sale on a regular basis. Let's be frank - a Rennlist Membership costs a whole lot less then an ad in most Auto sites and certainly an ebay auction. And Rennlist posts/classifieds sell a LOT of Porsches. In short - the intent of the Charter is for paying Members to post ther personally owned Porsches.

In short - I don't see much difference in a person, who is a salesperson for a dealer - becoming a "Rennlist Member" and posting their commercial "inventory" in the Rennlist Classifieds (it actually happens a lot, as those Classifieds are very successful). And for a "WHOPPING" $17.95 a year? Come on..

Further - is that "fair" to Rennlist Sponsors who pay a whole lot more for being a Sponsor - and who are entitled to that advertising. They pay for it, each and every day.

I don't think so, nor do they. And "we" as in - personal "Rennlist Members", Sponsors and Jen and I get to pay for those "free" ads.

If your friends want to list their cars on Rennlist - they are most welcomed to - after they become Rennlist Members.

Just my $0.02.

John D.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:07 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the comments on my old car, Corey, she's a beauty. I can hear the gears in Mike's head turning already.... :-)

Robert Collins
Old 04-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Cor2nir
Racer

Robert thanks a lot I am trying to get into your old cab and also looking at another 993. Your old cab looks beautiful and I have talked to Mike about it as well and he says the same.

John D,
Honestly man I am just trying to give a helping hand to people on these forum. My personal car was sold and now I am just giving a heads up. The 97 Black 993TT is not mine nor associate with a dealer in chicago that I have some ownership in, its just a car I know of that a dealer bought yesterday and just wanting to give the heads up as I know a lot of people on this forum are looking for 993TT's. I am not advertising the car or etc. I only did that with my personal 993TT. So please just let me. I have many friends in the dealer business and when a 993TT pops up I am going to let you guys know first so if someone wants it on the forum they can be the first to call on it. I do not make money on these deals or anything like that just trying to help fellow Rennlisters out. I also encourage a PPI and etc as most of these cars I do not know. Let me know if there are any other problems

Corey

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this TT?