Sponsored by:

Help identify this piece ** PICTURES **

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 11:16 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Help identify this piece ** PICTURES **

Just discovered an open vacuum line that needs to be connected somewhere, but where?

There is a solenoid immediately to the left of the ignition coil. it has three rubber connectors that feed firm, plastic vacuum-type pipes. Where does the front connector go to? It's the one that points out at you and makes a loop downward and points away, into the engine and looks like it gets lost into the engine somewhere.

thank you in advance

Jaime

Last edited by ttAmerica RoadsterAWD; 02-01-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:47 PM
EThec
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaime,

Don't mean to hijack your thread.... there are probably a dozen of these little plastic vacuum tubes on the tt engine. mine is missing one(don't remember where) that i noticed when i was in there doing diverter valves. i never could figure out what it went to. how critical are these lines? is one out of place a big deal? my car pulls full .8 boost, idles smoothly and overall runs great.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:03 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Hi Ethec. Generally speaking, all circuits, wheather electrical or vacuum should be closed circuits. The fact that this particular feed is not connected may not be as important as the source vacuum at the other end which is very probable open and aspirating air which is not accounted for at the throttle body, and so not measured. Though the engine will run, it's not running at optimum.
Though current technology allows for compensation due to self correction from the ecu, it's not considered optimum. In the old days (carburated) there was no such compensation and so depending how big the vacuum leak was, it was always detrimental to optimum performance.

Current technology can mask a leak if it's small enough....so plug or connect them holes! ;-)

Jaime
Old 02-02-2005, 10:47 PM
EThec
Racer

Thanks Jaime
so i will take a closer look. i appreciate your reply.
Now can anyone help id Jaime's vacuum line!?
Old 02-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Well... First off, that solinoid is to control your heater flap.. Right behind your coil you will see the actuator.. On a stock 993TT the front line that you have your arrow pointed too should have a black plastic line that goes to the actuator.. The actuator has a arm that you can move.. The line will 90 around to the right side of the top of the actuator.. You should see the nipple for the connection.. The other line runs under and around the rear aux heater fan, and connects to a Tee.. Goodluck..
Old 02-03-2005, 12:42 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

On my engine, the solenoid's TOP connects to the stated actuator, the bottom connects to somewhere deep into the engine, and the hose in question, see above photo is open. I don't see a "T" connector. Where about should I find this "T" connector?

Jaime
Old 02-03-2005, 12:45 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

On you rengine, that just vents to the atmosphere. That is totally normal and not an issue. Later models had this connected to a line into the intake....
Old 02-03-2005, 03:22 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

thank you Bob, Steve, Kevin, and EThec. well, this ends this mystery chapter. Will be looking at the rest of the engine to make sure all is well. Hope everything else is kosher.

Jaime

Quick Reply: Help identify this piece ** PICTURES **