Sponsored by:

Aerokit Turbo II question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Aerokit Turbo II question

Greetings from Athens once again. I would say sunny Athens, but it is not the case! Could snow tomorrow.
Anyway, I have a query for you guys. In my search for "my" TT I have come accross a car which has the Aerokit II installed. Doing a search here and on the NA board, I saw some pics of cars with the Aerokit that had the S holes on the rear flares, like the TTS. So the question is would a car that had the aerokit II factory installed have those air ducts on the rear fenders? Does the fact that this car does not have them imply that the kit was fitted aftermarket?

Thanks in advance for your answers guys.
Rgds.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:46 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

From what I remember one could have just the spoilers without the rear wing openings - the spoilers were relatively easy to fit whereas the openings were more involved (and pretty useless) and only went on the Turbo S models which were ridiculously overpriced Porsche marketing at the time - something which they got a taste for and have perfected into a business ever since IMO
Er.... so in answering your original question, my guess would be that the spoilers were not factory fitted but probably added soon after, maybe by the supplying dealer for the first owner.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:03 AM
ken garchow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you could possibly de code the sticker under the hood

but my guess is that the S tail and S front lip were most likely added. have you asked the owner for a copy of the original window sticker, it should be listed there also
Old 02-02-2005, 03:54 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

That is a good point Doc. I will check the spec sheet of the car... Thanks guys, will keep you posted.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:52 AM
MOD500
Racer

The aerokit II (Y75) kit gave the front splitter and rear spoiler as said, and could be factory fitted (mine is I believe going by the build sheet).

The rear cooling ducts as TB says were a very expensive extra, and were fitted as standard to the factory S model, though could be purchased prior to the S coming out and fitted to a standard turbo I think as mine is a 96 and has the factory ducts.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:08 PM
HooliganX
Racer

I had a 993 C4S with a factory fitted Aero II kit. It included everything from the Turbo S except the ducts in the rear fender.

So it is possible that the car you are looking at is a factory fitted kit.

Here is a picture of it...
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2005, 04:46 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Thanks you guys for the replies and pics. I am expecting a spec sheet from the car, we shall see whether its factory or installed after.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:06 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Hmmmm another question to ponder on: If a car had the full TTS kit installed afterwards (at a dealer), then the installation of the rear airducts in the arches would require cutting and painting? Wouldnt that reduce the value of the car?
There is a beautiful one in France, that has had the S kit installed afterwards. Hense the question.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:43 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Nick - I think you may be referring to the '98 C2S I posted a pic of yesterday. I am currently waiting on this car, it is in transit to me. The rear turbo 's' scoops were added, an 's' turbo rear body kit, I believe. I will have more info which I will post later next week as the car will be infront of me.

Carmen
Old 02-04-2005, 03:54 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

No Carmen, actually I was referring to a TT that I found in France, which I was contemplating to have a closer look. Pic here:

That looks quite nice, I just wonder how much painting is needed to install the rear airscoops. I'll be looking forward to your comment once you see your car when it arrives. In any case I am sure it looks just absolutely gorgeous!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Jon/HooliganX,

Does the service book or under hood sticker show an option code for the aero kit? My 97tt has the same kit and I was told it was factory installed but I'm not convinced.

Martyn/MOD500, I think your spoliers are the GT2 spoilers as opposed to the Aero Kit II.

Felix
Old 02-04-2005, 03:34 PM
HooliganX
Racer

Originally Posted by phelix
Jon/HooliganX,

Does the service book or under hood sticker show an option code for the aero kit? My 97tt has the same kit and I was told it was factory installed but I'm not convinced.

Felix
Hi Felix,

I can't remember if the under hood sticker had the code or not. I sold the C4S 6 months ago so I can't check. I did have the original sticker so I know it was a factory option though. I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything in the service book that listed options on the car.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:09 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Nick, very nice. i mis understood the NA reference in your orig post. I will post additional pics and information once the car arrives. It is scheduled for Wednesday evening.
I hope to have pics by the weekend.

Good luck in your search.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:02 AM
MOD500
Racer

Hi Phelix

Yes have just realised we are talking about the S kit, though the build sheet for mine says Y75 Aerokit II. I don't understand!!

Hope yours is running well.

Kind Regards

Martyn.

Quick Reply: Aerokit Turbo II question