Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPI tale of woe

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 06:09 PM
frisbee54
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well heres the end result of my transaction on the yellow 96 TT in Arizona. Jerry the current owner was supposed to have the car re tested and he was to pay for that, well he had his good friend Burt come down and look at the car and Burt says its fine now Burt didnt do a leakdown or a compression test but of course Jerry the owner wants to believe what Burt says so I told Jerry I need to have another leakdown compression test done and he said OK but it would have to be done at the Porsche dealership in Scottsdale and I said fine then he told me I would have to pay for that as he had his friend Burt check it out and its OK according to Burt, bottom line is I dont trust the owner Jerry to honor our agreement that if another leakdown test confirms the 1st test done by the mechanic that he recommended that he would honor our agreement agreement to sell the car at a lower price to reflect the motor needing to have work done, then I would be out the $ for 2 PPI's so sorry for the rant but needless to say I'm kind of pissed off now since he hasn't done what he said he would do which is pay for a 2nd leakdown compression test so I told him to take a long walk on a short dock and I'm done with him. Doug
Old 01-28-2005, 06:24 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Doug - better you than me. I had thought about calling on that car but you've saved me the trouble

the other Doug
Old 01-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Doug,

Hang in there... this is all part of the process. I think you did the right thing to walk.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

OMG... how not cool !

As cool as this car is, I would do just the same with "Burt". Who the heck is "Burt" to you. Could just as well be "Bart"...

In some ways I am acutally relieved. I have been secretly thinking of how I could convince you to trade me this Fly yellow car for my SY car and keep all of my goodies and still do an engine. You had to be thinking 3.8 turbo, GT2 cams, etc., etc., etc....

Seriously, sorry this did not work out. Great car, seemingly ignorant owner. Long distance deals involving these sort of technical issues is nearly impossible...completely so without establishing trust !!!
Old 01-28-2005, 10:29 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

See thats why you should all buy a know Turbo like mine!!
Old 01-28-2005, 10:47 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

The owner probably decided that a buyer will come along who doesn't know anything about engine pre purchase tests and that you aren't worth the trouble. It would be hard for just anyone to notice the loss of power from a street drive and seat of the pants measurement. Besides, as complex as these cars are, there aren't many buyers who will shell out the dough for a PPI and engine tests ($400 - $600).

What was the deal with the orange brake calipers and orange intercooler case?

I agree with Jim Morton, the long distance dealing is tough!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:55 PM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Sorry Doug, but on the bright side buy mine. Growing the 2nd business so it has to go, 17k miles. I know you want to steal one so this car may not work for you, it's in the classified section if you have an interest..........
Old 01-29-2005, 12:24 AM
frisbee54
Racer

Actually I'm not looking to steal a TT but I've done the low milage high price car theme before and on this shopping venture I'm looking at the lower price range so I'm willing to look at higher milage cars etc. Doug
Old 01-29-2005, 12:27 AM
frisbee54
Racer

Tripp your car does sound very nice you just bought that not that long ago?
Old 01-29-2005, 01:22 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mind posting the VIN? I've been keeping an eye open for the right yellow or white TT and I'm sure this car will come up for sale again once the new owner finds out how much money will be required to make it right post-sale. I'd like to put it on my "questionable/black list" in case it comes up. Thanks
Old 01-29-2005, 01:44 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

According to the AutoTrader listing... WP0AC2994TS376217

So.. I ask again what is with the orange brake calipers and intercooler housing???

Quick Reply: PPI tale of woe